Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Built In Controls location
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I've been fiddling a bit with skinning trying to get a 3-button interface working (Up, Down & Select). This, of course, requires every menu to have a 'back' option. This isn't too much of a problem for certain menus but I can't work out how to do this with the Buit In Controls provided by Kodi itself.

There isn't much documentation on the wiki itself, I could only find the following: http://kodi.wiki/view/Skinning_Manual#Ap...n_Controls .

Is there any way to alter these or any way to circumvent them? I only really need Music, Settings and a couple of other things so if I have to write my own list generator then it's within the realms of possibility, but I'd really rather not.

Many thanks,
-EC
<onleft>back</onleft>
for vertical view
or edit keyboard.xml and put longpress on select == back

<return>Select</return>
<return mod="longpress">ContextMenu</return>
<enter>Select</enter>
<enter mod="longpress">ContextMenu</enter>
<backspace>Back</backspace>
<backspace mod="longpress">ActivateWindow(Home)</backspace>
<browser_back>Back</browser_back>
<browser_back mod="longpress">ActivateWindow(Home)</browser_back>
Can you be a bit more specific as to which controls in which windows?
I'm not sure I'm explaining it very well, but there are certain lists which are not specified explicitly in the .xml files. One example is the music navigation pane (where you can browse your music library). The way this seems to be done in the skin in this instance is by leaving a blank container with an id of 50.

My question is how is filling in this container handled by Kodi and is there an easy way to make changes?
It's filled from the library contents so can't be changed.