Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to "scrape" an album?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

First, let me say I know how to do it by clicking buttons. In the default skin. That's not why I am here. Wink

I am brewing on a skin that has several panels and list - filled with database items; genres, artists, albums and songs - all together in a single window, all filled by plugins, and all actions handled by "onclick" - pretty much nothing is left for Kodi to handle.

I suddenly realize I have no idea how to "call" the music scraper to do it's magic on a certain album (or any other item, be that artist or movie or anything in the database really)?

I know that though code "button 6" (I think it's 6) in dialogmusic.xml can be "activated" (and that at least in some skins runs the album scraper, I think..), but how do I tell xbmc/kodi what exactly it is supposed to scrape?

Is it simply the selected item, in any container? If so, what information must the item/panel/container have? (I fill them all dynamically so they don't really have any information besides the thumbnail). Oh, and I will quite possibly end up with panels with mixed contents (music/video/whatever) any day soon.. then what?

If the solution is to somehow activate the scraper addon from (another) python script that would be ok by me. But how?

It is quite possible that I am overthinking this, so please - any help is appreciated Smile

Thanks,
Torben

(This is a copy of a question I had in Meta-data but nobody knew anything)
Action(action[,window]) maybe? action would be "Info" in this case.
I believe you are hinting at passing some information to the scraper addon? I can get the information needed no problem. But how do I pass it along so the scraper knows what to scrape?
...what did you say exactly? :-D
No, not hinting anything. info will do the actual scraping in case there are no meta information to display. The scraper is using the item label (file-/foldername) after it was cleaned up.
So the scraper is using just the filename and the action that scans the 'net is called "info". Hopefully I can pass whatever filename I want and as long as its in the db it will work. I will investigate further. Thanks!