Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music Playlist questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there already an option in Kodi 15.2 or an addon that does remember or remove played songs from the music playlist?
I would like the songs that are already played not to be played again. If yes, will the playlist be automaticly saved or do I need to that manually?

Also why does it take a long time to load a large playlist before it starts playing. Music is hosted on my local server. Comparing with playing the same musicwith EMby in WMC that goes much faster

Thanks.
I don't think an add-on exists to do this. I would like one too. I think it might be possible if it worked like this:

1. Only works for .m3u playlists (smart playlists are dynamic so this wouldn't work)

2. You would start the add-on when you start playing the playlist (set up skin to do this)

3. The add-on monitors the player, and when a new song starts playing updates the "current position in playlist" as a stored data in the addon_data.

4. When you start playback again, you have the option to start at beginning or resume.

Any way that is my idea, now just need a skilled python developer to give it a try.

scott s.