Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Deleted Movies Reappear
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using PlayOn to access HBOGo through Kodi. I have PseudoLibrary set up to scan PlayOn/HBOGo/Movies/Just Added directory so that any time HBO adds a new movie, it automatically gets put into my library.

The problem is that there is a lot of movies that I don't really care about and don't want them in my library. I go through and use the "Remove from Library" function from the context menu and that removes them successfully, however the next time PseudoLibrary runs and my library gets updated, they reappear.

Is there anything that I can do to get those movies to not show up after I remove them from the library?
moving this here - probably best way for dev to see and address your question
Thanks bry-

I'm not sure that it's an issue with PseudoLibrary though. I think it's more of an issue with the Update Library in Kodi seeing the .strm file as a new file even though I've already removed it from the library.
I would assume that if pseudolibrary strm is still in the file kodi will always add it to the library, your best bet is to remove the strm file from the source.
I guess my problem is that when I go to a movie >> Open the context menu >> select Manage... >> select Remove from library, it removes the movie but then on the next run of Kodi's Update Library, the movie gets imported again.

Unfortunately if I delete the strm file from the source it will just get added back in the next time PseudoLibrary runs.

Ultimately what I'm looking for is a way to hide the movie from my Library even if there is a file there. I'm not sure if that is possible, but figured I'd ask.
I figured it out. I put a .nomedia file in the folders of the movies I didn't want in my library, went into Kodi and removed them from the library and it now works.
nice work, noted!
Someone should state the obvious... .nomedia only works in the Android OS,
It works in windows. You create a text file and change the name to ".nomedia." and it works.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Set_content_and_scan
Section 7
(2015-11-13, 15:41)Doctor Eggs Wrote: [ -> ]It works in windows. You create a text file and change the name to ".nomedia." and it works.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Set_content_and_scan
Section 7

Thanks, news to me...