Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video OSD Logo & Full Art [v.2.0]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
The close controls on the OSD made the "m" menu be accessible all right BUT with one exception, when I PAUSE and i press to bring the said "m" menu, the same is overlapped by a black gradient bar (picture in 5 min, just finishing my coffee).

Also, I made the changes (including adding a close control on the seekbar) and no logo/chapters (also noticeable on the image ill upload in 5 minutes)

EDIT:

Ok so here is the close control I've added on DialogSeekBar.xml because I think it was missing? (please check if everything is ok)

Green = opened <control>
Red = close </controll>
Purple = where I added the </control>

Here is the image of the "M" (OSD) menu ok, altough the subtitles are overlapped (movie is running) because when I pause (see next picture)

Finally as I said the errors now, on this next picture (movie is paused)

You can see the picture in BIG here to notice things better (because of forum resize). ---> Image

Also I've uploaded my DialogSeekBar.xml

The thing that bothers me the most is that for the love of God, I cannot make the logo show up on the upper left corner, with the new positioning settings, alongside chapter/tagline...GRR!!

Please advise, this I driving me nuts lol, at this moment I begin to think that finally being on Jarvis + Aeon MQ6 4.0.0 + Colormod 4.0.0 may have something (which I don't know what) to do with this Sad
Great work ... it's fantastic and important mod to complete Aeon MQ 6 Smile
djhifi have you tried the new update Huh i'm using this mod with color mq and it's working perfectly .... Logo is perfectly shown

(2015-11-13, 07:47)ketterer Wrote: [ -> ]REDOWNLOAD AND INSTALL ONE OF THESE OVER ANY PREVIOUS 2.0 INSTALL

VideoOSD mod 2.0 (re-release)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0396o...TlhMDFvRHM

VideoOSD mod +Color mq
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0396o...npOeHo3aVE

I had one big error, I reuped this fixed version, no changes other then fixes a completly missing OSD
(2015-11-16, 17:38)djhifi Wrote: [ -> ]The close controls on the OSD made the "m" menu be accessible all right BUT with one exception, when I PAUSE and i press to bring the said "m" menu, the same is overlapped by a black gradient bar (picture in 5 min, just finishing my coffee).

Also, I made the changes (including adding a close control on the seekbar) and no logo/chapters (also noticeable on the image ill upload in 5 minutes)

EDIT:

Ok so here is the close control I've added on DialogSeekBar.xml because I think it was missing? (please check if everything is ok)

Green = opened <control>
Red = close </controll>
Purple = where I added the </control>

Here is the image of the "M" (OSD) menu ok, altough the subtitles are overlapped (movie is running) because when I pause (see next picture)

Finally as I said the errors now, on this next picture (movie is paused)

You can see the picture in BIG here to notice things better (because of forum resize). ---> Image

Also I've uploaded my DialogSeekBar.xml

The thing that bothers me the most is that for the love of God, I cannot make the logo show up on the upper left corner, with the new positioning settings, alongside chapter/tagline...GRR!!

Please advise, this I driving me nuts lol, at this moment I begin to think that finally being on Jarvis + Aeon MQ6 4.0.0 + Colormod 4.0.0 may have something (which I don't know what) to do with this Sad

I have the same issue with this movie, infact i see that the mod works for a few movies, and for others it doesnt not show up the logo on the top.
its like 50-50. Few movies everything shows up correctly, the clearart, the logo on the top spinning disc on the right. But for few the top logo goes missing.
Anyone else face this issue?
Ok first off
VideoOSD.xml is the ONLY one that needs an extra close control. The reason is because the orginal code everthing is wrapped in an extra layer. what the mistake that I, and others have made is to paste the new code over both close controls in VideoOSD.xml. so that saddly means that you need to go back to Dialogseekbar.xml (and if you put it in Dialogfullscreeninfo.xml) and remove the close console you added

Secondly, the default behavior for the info is to go over the on screen controls, thats just how it works, im sorry i dont have the know how at this time to change that, its also how the stock works.

Other then that tho it should work.
(2015-11-16, 20:16)UprisingPulse Wrote: [ -> ]djhifi have you tried the new update Huh i'm using this mod with color mq and it's working perfectly .... Logo is perfectly shown

These errors are occurring on the said "update" v2. Regarding the update files themselves, I can't download them mate, I have 2 other mods on some of the same files (Colormod 4.0.0 for the AEON mq6 v 4.0.0, and video information mod as well).

(2015-11-16, 20:54)MANswers Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same issue with this movie, infact i see that the mod works for a few movies, and for others it doesnt not show up the logo on the top.
its like 50-50. Few movies everything shows up correctly, the clearart, the logo on the top spinning disc on the right. But for few the top logo goes missing.

I may have found the bug (but not the solution) that is preventing me to have the LOGO + chapters etc, and I think you have the same setting: ARTWORK DOWNLOADER without local files, right?
Read the rest of my reply (to ketterer).

Please, do a test for me, play a movie which does not work with the upper left logo, return to your library and tell me: Does that movie still have it's logo ?
Report back.

(2015-11-16, 21:54)ketterer Wrote: [ -> ]Ok first off
VideoOSD.xml is the ONLY one that needs an extra close control. The reason is because the orginal code everthing is wrapped in an extra layer. what the mistake that I, and others have made is to paste the new code over both close controls in VideoOSD.xml. so that saddly means that you need to go back to Dialogseekbar.xml (and if you put it in Dialogfullscreeninfo.xml) and remove the close console you added

Secondly, the default behavior for the info is to go over the on screen controls, thats just how it works, im sorry i dont have the know how at this time to change that, its also how the stock works.

No, my upper left corner continues black lol...read this:

Yeah, I've removed the close control and the videoOSD now is fine. I'm still without any logo on top tough..and perhaps I've found out why, it's (maybe) a bug on your mod:
Like the user above you (who I quoted) some (very very very veryyyyy few) movies are working for me but:

It's not working because I don't have my logo files on the HDD's (= I'm not using "local files"). They are being grabbed by the ARTWORK DOWNLOADER and inserted onto the .db file, nothing else (I have a NAS, and over 4000 movies, I've chosen this way, to minimize HDD usage). "Why do you said that?" - you ask. Well...because I've noticed one thing 5 min ago, Imagine I have a movie with logo and clearart, and I play it, and then I pause it, the cleartart appears on the right as it supposed, no logo/chapters on the upper left (as it is "supposed"...LOL) and THEN (!!) when I return to my library: ta-da! movie lost it's logo, I have to grab it again via ARTWORK DOWNLOADER: MEGA BUG.

I might as well have stayed with your (now deleted from here...) old mod, because altough some logos were overlapping, at least logos were being shown on the top left corner...I will always use logos...your update to accomodate 2 user needs messed the whole thing up I'm afraid.

As you analyzed all my .XML's and did not point any errors on, for example, IncludesVariables or others, this is the reasonable conclusion I've come up with...

Furthermore at this point i don't know where the error resides...(i which .XML)...im throwing up code ATM lol. But if it's not what I've described, then SERIOUSLY, it has something to do with the new menu insertion for logo chosing on top...It's impossible not being that!

Or maybe is something in the "includedvariables.xml" no?

PS: Does this whole thing work OK with you? Do you have your art downloaded locally?

V1 was working so good for me...I've just rewritten the whole code to get those overlapping times OVER...and now I end up without no information whatsoever lol.
Ok if it worked before then it should work now. the actual graphics havnt changed, as for Includesvaraiable.xml it was actually to large and I was never able to view it on paste bin

and just for sake of my sanity, you can confirm you have made a selection with the button OSD Top Art
(2015-11-17, 00:36)ketterer Wrote: [ -> ]Ok if it worked before then it should work now. the actual graphics havnt changed, as for Includesvaraiable.xml it was actually to large and I was never able to view it on paste bin

Well...I've downloaded your v2 and replaced all the xmls and it seems its also not working.

EDIT: Ok, it seems I got this working. At least it's doing what it's supposed. I'm still with the bug of some movies not showing. But at least now most of my movies show the correct outcome.
Solution was to use the IncludesVariables and IncludesTopMenu of the .rar file on the first post + restart (insted of just refresh) my kodi. Perhaps I have done something wrong in the code, and as you did not analyze the said XML like you said...we did not focus onto that one.

(2015-11-17, 00:36)ketterer Wrote: [ -> ]and just for sake of my sanity, you can confirm you have made a selection with the button OSD Top Art

Yep.

--------
It's sad, tough, that some movies still don't show the information (as MANswers said) and it seems the movies are the same for everyone, because my new HOBBIT (extended) does not work:

NOPE:

YES! (finally! diplayin, bigger and without overlaps!):

But, as said, some movies work others don't...strange bug, though, hum?
Another idea, is if you could start from scratch, install the other mods and send me the 5 files, then I could try to build it and then send it back to you, but i cant test it because im still on isengaurd and 3.2.0
(2015-11-16, 22:57)djhifi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-16, 20:16)UprisingPulse Wrote: [ -> ]djhifi have you tried the new update Huh i'm using this mod with color mq and it's working perfectly .... Logo is perfectly shown

These errors are occurring on the said "update" v2. Regarding the update files themselves, I can't download them mate, I have 2 other mods on some of the same files (Colormod 4.0.0 for the AEON mq6 v 4.0.0, and video information mod as well).

(2015-11-16, 20:54)MANswers Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same issue with this movie, infact i see that the mod works for a few movies, and for others it doesnt not show up the logo on the top.

I may have found the bug (but not the solution) that is preventing me to have the LOGO + chapters etc, and I think you have the same setting: ARTWORK DOWNLOADER [b]without local files, right?[/b]
Read the rest of my reply (to ketterer).

Please, do a test for me, play a movie which does not work with the upper left logo, return to your library and tell me: Does that movie still have it's logo ?
Report back.

(2015-11-16, 21:54)ketterer Wrote: [ -> ]Ok first off

No, my upper left corner continues black lol...read this:

Yeah, I've removed the close control and the videoOSD now is fine. I'm still without any logo on top tough..and perhaps I've found out why, it's (maybe) a bug on your mod:
Like the user above you (who I quoted) some (very very very veryyyyy few) movies are working for me but:

It's not working because I don't have my logo files on the HDD's (= I'm not using "local files"). They are being grabbed by the ARTWORK DOWNLOADER and inserted onto the .db file, nothing else (I have a NAS, and over 4000 movies, I've chosen this way, to minimize HDD usage). "Why do you said that?" - you ask. Well...because I've noticed one thing 5 min ago, Imagine I have a movie with logo and clearart, and I play it, and then I pause it, the cleartart appears on the right as it supposed, no logo/chapters on the upper left (as it is "supposed"...LOL) and THEN (!!) when I return to my library: ta-da! movie lost it's logo, I have to grab it again via ARTWORK DOWNLOADER: MEGA BUG.

Yes, i do have Artwork Downloader, but i did not understand the "without" local files part.
I actually scrape my movies off "Media companion" and have turned off scraping from artwork downloader every automatically. I let Kodi read the local metadata and artwork, that i have scraped using Media companion. However every once in a while., i do use the option "Get Logo/Clearart Solo mode", just in case the logos or disc art does not load.

Let me read through you other comments and follow the test you've asked me to conduct. I'll report back in few mins.
Read my previous post, it's edited.
(2015-11-17, 00:50)MANswers Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, i do have Artwork Downloader, but i did not understand the "without" local files part.
I actually scrape my movies off "Media companion" and have turned off scraping from artwork downloader every automatically. I let Kodi read the local metadata and artwork, that i have scraped using Media companion. However every once in a while., i do use the option "Get Logo/Clearart Solo mode", just in case the logos or disc art does not load.

Let me read through you other comments and follow the test you've asked me to conduct. I'll report back in few mins.

What i mean is, does your artwork go somewhere or you are not using the "local files" option? There are only 2 options, use local files (artwork gets downloaded to whatever path you indicate) or just show from the internet (appending the links to the .db file you have on your "userdata" folder). I use this last option (both configurable on the ARTWORK DOWNLOADER addon), because I have a huge collection. And maybe that is related.

Altough I got the mod working now (read 2 posts back), I still continue with your problem and I bet the movies are the same. name 4 ou 5 movies that you cannot view upper left information for me to say if it happens with me (i have 4000+ movies so name whatever movie you want, I guess lol :p).

EDIT: It seems you have the logos and etc on the movie folder...well...there goes my theory...I have not Smile

Still, tell me 4 or 5 movies that you have the bug, for me to check if the same happens on this side.
(2015-11-17, 00:39)djhifi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-17, 00:36)ketterer Wrote: [ -> ]Ok if it worked before then it should work now. the actual graphics havnt changed, as for Includesvaraiable.xml it was actually to large and I was never able to view it on paste bin
Perhaps I have done something wrong in the code, and as you did not analyze the said XML like you said...we did not focus onto that one.
I want to make a clarification, I did analyze all of your files, but Includesvaraiable.xml is over the upload limit of pastebin, so I was not able to analyze it....its not actually at the lin you had given. It wasnt that I just thought it was to hard. Im sorry if that is what you thought I meant. I will gladdly look it over if I could have. thats why I offered the personal help I had PM'ed you about.

Now on to the issue of some movies not showing up, I have noticed that some take a few moments to appear for some reason, and one movie I had must have just had an error because I just used the artwork downloader to pick a different one and it worked.
Ok, i might have found a fix for this. Not sure if it might fix the issue for you, but it did fix it for me.
I didnt make a line of change in the code, infact i didnt even go back to the skin folder. Just now, i had to switch the skin to Confluence, to add a repo (watching the steps and following on youtube), anyhow after that, i switched back to mq6 skin and read your comments, to test out what you asked me to do, when i went back to check the movies out where i didnt have the logos in the first place now started appearing. Infact each and every movie, i must have quickly scoured through atleast 2-3 dozen movies, and every single one of them is now working fine, i remember for that matter, earlier, hobbit, inception, frozen, war of the worlds to name a few werent showing logos' i had taken a screenshot to post on the forum, but dint as i saw that you had the same issue and hence i let it go.
But when i go back now to check them, they all are working fine. Infact here is the screenshot to the same movie on which you and me had issues. Its working fine now.

Try switching your skin back and forth from Confluence to mq6 and come back to check if u see the logo's back again. It did the trick for me.. Big Grin

If you want i can upload my 720p folder. its perfectly skinned and toned. Smile

(2015-11-17, 01:09)ketterer Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-17, 00:39)djhifi Wrote: [ -> ]
Perhaps I have done something wrong in the code, and as you did not analyze the said XML like you said...we did not focus onto that one.
I want to make a clarification, I did analyze all of your files, but Includesvaraiable.xml is over the upload limit of pastebin, so I was not able to analyze it....its not actually at the lin you had given. It wasnt that I just thought it was to hard. Im sorry if that is what you thought I meant. I will gladdly look it over if I could have. thats why I offered the personal help I had PM'ed you about.

Now on to the issue of some movies not showing up, I have noticed that some take a few moments to appear for some reason, and one movie I had must have just had an error because I just used the artwork downloader to pick a different one and it worked.

Oh, I'm sorry then and yes, you offered help..and that brought luck because my problem finally went away (partially, like the other user)...but I didn't notice the said .XML was over the pastebin limits, if I knew I would've sent it via mail for example. But it seems now it's not needed as I got it working using yours Smile

The issue of some movies not working seems global, at least it's not one-sided so I'm doing everyting correctly. And no, on the 3 hobbits no logo/chapters and tagline whatsoever, even if I leave it on pause for 30min, they won't show up Sad

(2015-11-17, 01:18)MANswers Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, i might have found a fix for this. Not sure if it might fix the issue for you, but it did fix it for me.
I didnt make a line of change in the code, infact i didnt even go back to the skin folder. Just now, i had to switch the skin to Confluence, to add a repo (watching the steps and following on youtube), anyhow after that, i switched back to mq6 skin and read your comments, to test out what you asked me to do, when i went back to check the movies out where i didnt have the logos in the first place now started appearing. Infact each and every movie, i must have quickly scoured through atleast 2-3 dozen movies, and every single one of them is now working fine, i remember for that matter, earlier, hobbit, inception, frozen, war of the worlds to name a few werent showing logos' i had taken a screenshot to post on the forum, but dint as i saw that you had the same issue and hence i let it go.
But when i go back now to check them, they all are working fine. Infact here is the screenshot to the same movie on which you and me had issues. Its working fine now.

Try switching your skin back and forth from Confluence to mq6 and come back to check if u see the logo's back again. It did the trick for me.. Big Grin

If you want i can upload my 720p folder. its perfectly skinned and toned. Smile

Well, that's one strange solution !! Plain luck ! I will test it but before I will play all those movies you have had errors with, just for the sake of bug catching, and to gather information for ketterer in regards of polishing this great mod!

Reporting in 10minutes mate.

PS: Which version of mq6 are you into?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9