Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi & DirecTV Genie Integration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys -

I currently use Kodi on dedicated PCs or RasbPis in 3 rooms of my house. The living room one has a dedicated PC (Windows 7 x64) which I also have plug-ins installed to launch games (GTX660 installed), a FLIRC so I can use any remote, and EventGhost integrated so certain remote keys perform different tasks. This system is connected to one of the TV's HDMI ports. On the same TV, my DirecTV Genie is plugged into another HDMI port so I must switch inputs to access either.

My Question
Would purchasing / installing a TV Card where DirecTV may be ported through Kodi's Live TV section be possible and if so, worthwhile? If so, how difficult would it be to have some sort of local PVR functionality with it which would tie into my existing Kodi catalog? I'm sure the Genie's local recorded shows are encrypted and may not be tied in, but wanted to ask anyways. Also, how would I use the guide or change channels? I have IR blasters on the Geniw already for my Slingbox - would something like that be used?

If possible and would provide a worthwhile experience, what hardware would I need / you recommend?

Thanks!