Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 1Ghz CPU Xbox but XBMC reads it as 733mhz, help fixing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
For those who are interested I'm a member over at XS and my thread about this Xbox is here -> http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?s...4313&st=60

Basically I need help with XBMC recognizing the 1ghz processor. At the moment it reads it as a 733mhz Xbox.

I figure I would need to compile my own version of XBMC, so I have the XDK/Vis. Pro. 2003/and XBMC Toolkit. But I'm not sure of my next step.

Can anyone help me with this? Like what to edit or what not.

Thanks,Wink
~IrishLad
RTFM & start reading code... lots and lots of code
HarshReality Wrote:RTFM & start reading code... lots and lots of code
I have a feeling this might take me a while...
Wasn't meanin to sound sarcastic... this question has come up several times before and every time the powers that be were reluctant to assist at all (mainly as they have no hardware to confirm settings).
More and more people are getting this cpu upgrade done. It would be great if XBMC could support it Smile

I would consider upgrading my xbox if I knew xmbc would run ok on it.
finas Wrote:More and more people are getting this cpu upgrade done. It would be great if XBMC could support it Smile

I would consider upgrading my xbox if I knew xmbc would run ok on it.

where can you get the CPU & RAM upgrade from?
Msan Wrote:where can you get the CPU & RAM upgrade from?
Trusty, he is a member at Xbox Scene and here I believe...

He is in China and shipping costs are upwards of $100. Be advised!

PHP Code:
int model = (dwStandard >> 4) & 0xF;

if( 
model == 11 )
    {

//This is likely the DreamX 1480      
      //so only support fullspeed mode

lFrequency 1481200000;
    }
    else
    {      

QueryPerformanceFrequency((LARGE_INTEGER*)&lFrequency);
    } 
So that looks like the code I need to edit.

My CPU is the Intel Pentium CopperMine.

Anyone have any idea how to find the 10 digit CPU speed of my 1ghz? Is it formed from some equation or...

Thanks for any help!
First thing to do would be to put a breakpoint in that code and check what model is. Or you could simply put a debug log line in there instead.

Then you just need the number - try googling for this sort of thing and see what you turn up.
@TheIrishLad, do a search in this forum for "1ghz" and you will find posts by trusty, then you can search all posts by "trusty", he asked the same question before.
Gamester17 Wrote:@TheIrishLad, do a search in this forum for "1ghz" and you will find posts by trusty, then you can search all posts by "trusty", he asked the same question before.
The funny thing about that is I bought the Xbox from him. He never really got a definitive answer or solution in his posts. Partially because his English and descriptions were a bit hazy.

Jmarshall- Thanks for the advice but I don't really have any coding experience unfortunately. Sad I did search around for tutorials but I'm still in the dark.

I have a friend who does a bit of C+++ coding I'll ask him if he can help.

Thanks for the help,
~IrishLad
Forgot to Add, This is the processor -> http://processorfinder.intel.com/details...Spec=SL5TF
Got it all from loading up Gentoox and KDE and looking through InfoCenter, which runs very smoothly.

Processor : 0
CPU_Family : 6
Model : 8
Stepping : 6
CPU MHZ : 999.985
CPUid Level : 2
Bogomips : 1992.29

I think I can infer from the code for the DreamX :
PHP Code:
// stdafx.cpp : source file that includes just the standard includes
// guiTest.pch will be the pre-compiled header
// stdafx.obj will contain the pre-compiled type information

#include "stdafx.h"
#undef QueryPerformanceFrequency

__int64 lFrequency 0LL;
WINBASEAPI BOOL WINAPI QueryPerformanceFrequencyXbox(LARGE_INTEGER *lpFrequency)
{
  if( 
lFrequency == 0LL )
  {

DWORD dwStandard;

_asm {

// get the Standard bits

mov eax1
      cpuid
      mov dwStandard
eax

}

int model = (dwStandard >> [color=Red]6[/color]) & 0xF;

if( 
model == [color=Red]8[/color] )
    {

//This is likely the DreamX 1480      
      //so only support fullspeed mode

lFrequency = [color=Red]9999850000[/color];
    }
    else
    {      

QueryPerformanceFrequency((LARGE_INTEGER*)&lFrequency);
    }
  }

(*
lpFrequency).QuadPart lFrequency;
  return 
TRUE;

Given the DreamX's specs:

Processor : 0
CPU_family : 6
Model : 11
Stepping : 4
CPU MHz : 1512.005
CPUid level : 2
Bogomips : 3014.65

For reference Retail Xbox's Bogomips : 1461.45

Changes too the code are in red. Am I on the right track or completely off here?
I don't really know, but seems like maybe it should be 0999985000 instead of 9999850000 since the first digit is kind of like the gigahertz digit, and then it goes down from there, if you look at the dreamx cpu digits maybe it will make sense....

That fits I think....whereas, if you put in what you had

That makes it look like you have almost a 10 ghz processor. Of coures, I could totally be wrong about this. Maybe it looks at it in a different way I'm not thinking about.
Sounds reasonable.
I just tried compiling with it 0999985000 instead of 9999850000 and I got some errors and it ended up saying the xbe wouldn't build. Here's the end of the log. Says the digit 9 was illegal for base 8? These are the only errors in the whole log. I'm trying it again right now with it as 9999850000 but I kind of doubt that will make a difference.

Code:
stdafx.cpp
xbmc\stdafx.cpp(27) : error C2041: illegal digit '9' for base '8'
xbmc\stdafx.cpp(27) : error C2041: illegal digit '8' for base '8'
KaiItem.cpp
CueDocument.cpp
Credits.cpp
BuddyItem.cpp
ArenaItem.cpp
Application.cpp
Compiling for XBOX: e:\xbox stuff\xbmc components\xbmc build\xbmc\xbmc\xbox\XKExports.h
Compiling for XBOX: e:\xbox stuff\xbmc components\xbmc build\xbmc\xbmc\xbox\XKUtils.h
Compiling for XBOX: e:\xbox stuff\xbmc components\xbmc build\xbmc\xbmc\xbox\XKGeneral.h
Compiling for XBOX: e:\xbox stuff\xbmc components\xbmc build\xbmc\xbmc\xbox\XKRC4.h
Compiling for XBOX: e:\xbox stuff\xbmc components\xbmc build\xbmc\xbmc\xbox\XKSHA1.h
Compiling for XBOX: e:\xbox stuff\xbmc components\xbmc build\xbmc\xbmc\xbox\XKCRC.h

Results

Build log was saved at "file://e:\Xbox stuff\XBMC Components\Xbmc build\Xbmc\Release\BuildLog.htm"
xbmc - 5 error(s), 0 warning(s)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10