Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Exclude Folder From Library?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So here is the scenario.

I have 3 sources:
  • Movies
  • Television
  • To Watch

The To Watch folder is basically a place where I just throw things in to watch. Here is that folder structure:

To Watch
----| Movies
----| Television

What I would like to do is set the content for each folder accordingly and then scrape this content so that I can see the details, art, etc. But I do NOT want this content added to my library.

When I go to each folder (To Watch / Movies, etc) and "Set Content" to Movies and check the box to "Exclude path from library updates" and then say yes to scan, it adds everything into my library...how do I prevent the content from being added to my library? Is there a way to do what I want?

Is this a bug?

Thanks in advance!

-Mike
add the path as a source, do not scan to library.

I have 3 paths.

movies, tv, misc
Thanks for the reply bry,

Can you elaborate a bit more - Sorry I don't understand.
Sure.

on my NAS i have 3 folders.

\\Datastare\
  • Movies
  • TV
  • Misc

When I add the movies folder I scrape to library as a movie, when I add the TV folder I scrape as TV.

I add the misc folder as a source and select do not scrape to library, when I want to watch a video from that I usually just hit the down arrow on mq6 on videos and select files. misc.

in there are usually sporting events that I miss or the one off request from the family to watch
I think the differnence (and why it doesn't work for you) is you might be specifying the content type of the one(s) you don't want scanned. In this case, do what you do for the other sources but leave the scraper-info to none.
But I want it to scrape so that I get the content info and artwork...

So is there no way to scrape it but NOT add it to the library?

Thanks guys!
Scraping is adding to the library. If all you want is the artwork, manually placing a -poster.jpg and -fanart.jpg will show. Kodi get's it's meta-data from the library even if you have .nfo in the folder, it must be in the library to show up.
(2015-11-12, 16:48)jmhenry5150 Wrote: [ -> ]But I want it to scrape so that I get the content info and artwork...

Thanks guys!
No but...
As above, the scraping happens when it's added to the library, so if you want art / info to show up it has to be there.
I assume from the above that stuff in 'to watch' is temporary, and you don't want it to show up in your main films / tv collections?
Depending on your skin, you can do that. Instead of having 'Movies' on your home screen you can point to a smart playlist called 'Movies' where the path is set to start with the path to your Movies folder. Same for TV.
Then point another playlist to your 'watch' folder.
Obviously if you take stuff out of 'to watch' you'd have to clean the library now and again.
There is a MUCH easier answer....

Just add a file called .nomedia and the folder will be skipped

http://kodi.wiki/view/Set_content_and_sc....2Ffolders
(2015-11-13, 19:49)trogggy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-12, 16:48)jmhenry5150 Wrote: [ -> ]But I want it to scrape so that I get the content info and artwork...

Thanks guys!
No but...
As above, the scraping happens when it's added to the library, so if you want art / info to show up it has to be there.
I assume from the above that stuff in 'to watch' is temporary, and you don't want it to show up in your main films / tv collections?
Depending on your skin, you can do that. Instead of having 'Movies' on your home screen you can point to a smart playlist called 'Movies' where the path is set to start with the path to your Movies folder. Same for TV.
Then point another playlist to your 'watch' folder.
Obviously if you take stuff out of 'to watch' you'd have to clean the library now and again.

Thanks - I think this is the best way to do it but like you said, I would have to clean my library every now and then...

Oh well... Sad
(2015-11-13, 21:11)jmhenry5150 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks - I think this is the best way to do it but like you said, I would have to clean my library every now and then...

Oh well... Sad
You could automate that with Library watchdog.