Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon Fire TV 2 starting kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys,

I just got a AFTV2 to test replacing AFTV1. Some how in all my research I missed the part about llama not working. Is there still no way around this ? This could potentially be a deal breaker for me as I finally tought my family how to use kodi and how to get in to it. It will be very hard explaining the mapping of the buttons to them, not an issue for me, but they will be looking for it forever.
This won't add Kodi to your homescreen, but it will also you to launch Kodi with very little effort.

Sideload Firestarter - It's a homescreen replacement app. You can use it as a launcher, use it to set an alternative launcher, use it to make Kodi your launcher or even assign a certain remote press to Kodi, so when it's pressed, it launches Kodi.

I personally use Kodi as my default launcher, using this app as my base. Again, you can leave the FireTV homescreen as is, and use this app to make Kodi accessible however you would like.
(2015-11-11, 20:43)MicMac Wrote: [ -> ]This won't add Kodi to your homescreen, but it will also you to launch Kodi with very little effort.

Sideload Firestarter - It's a homescreen replacement app. You can use it as a launcher, use it to set an alternative launcher, use it to make Kodi your launcher or even assign a certain remote press to Kodi, so when it's pressed, it launches Kodi.

I personally use Kodi as my default launcher, using this app as my base. Again, you can leave the FireTV homescreen as is, and use this app to make Kodi accessible however you would like.

Thank you. Im aware of firestarter. But issue is my family they love the interface and it took a long time to explain kodi/xbmc and launching with "classic tv app" now explaining button combination is going to be a pain. Thats why Im trying to get something like llame working if I cant I might stay with my original fire tv Sad
You can program it to launch Kodi with a click of the home button. Super simple.
(2015-11-12, 04:31)yozh Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-11, 20:43)MicMac Wrote: [ -> ]This won't add Kodi to your homescreen, but it will also you to launch Kodi with very little effort.

Thank you. Im aware of firestarter. But issue is my family they love the interface and it took a long time to explain kodi/xbmc and launching with "classic tv app" now explaining button combination is going to be a pain. Thats why Im trying to get something like llame working if I cant I might stay with my original fire tv Sad

I have mine set like this:

Press Home button once - Fire TV Homescreen
Press Home button twice - Firestarter App Menu

Can't get simpler than that.