Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: LiveTV many tries but no success (quality)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Iam new at the forum and need some help from some experienced guys like you Wink.

My Setup:
Currently I use WIN-MC (8.1) with Shark-Codec Pack and use it for view Movies (Bluray/MKV) and (important for my wife) » Satellite TV (DVB2) with a “Cine2” from DigitalDevices).

Situation:
WIN 10 doesn’t support WIN-MC and also on WIN8.1 WIN-MC doesn´t performs really good / support a lot of things (which XBMC and now Kodi supports via Plugins)

My tries with XBMC & Kodi since the last 3 years:
I tried the most Versions at the last 3 years.. and liked it a lot.. but always when it comes to LiveTV I had quality issues (stripes in the video, bad quality (compression look), color-loss etc.)… in the end effect it doesn´t looked as good as WIN-Mediacenter.. and I switched back.

I tried: ServerWMC, NextPVR, MediaPortal…. But in all no success or bad imagequality during Sat-TV!

My ask for help:
I always thought maybe this is not really good because Kodi has no access directly on my physicial hardware (Cine2 PCIe Card) like Mediacenter and so the backend <> client solution leads to this losses?!

My pain currently with WIN-MC is on a higher level again which leads me to ask for help now Blush

So:
Has someone a similar physical setup and use-case (Windows, DVB2 Card » watch Sat-TV and Bluray/MKV) which works well (performance & quality)?
Any ideas how to setup & configure my system with Kodi (and Plugins/Addons) to reach good performance and quality?
Other tipps & tricks?

Look forward for your feedback.

Greetings from Germany
anyone? Huh
If I understand you correctly, this is not really a pvr problem, but really just a problem with how your recorded tv shows (which I assume are still wtv files) look when played back in kodi. Is that right?

I don't see any difference between a wtv file played back with wmc (win-mediacenter) and kodi. Did you make sure de-interlacing was turned on for video playback in kodi? Maybe this is the 'stripes in video' problem. As for 'bad quality' or 'color-loss' all I can think is maybe it is a problem with having hardware acceleration turned on in kodi for your video card, try turning it off and playing the wtv file again.
Drop Windows and BluRay Support...try Openelec with VDR Wink
(2015-11-15, 20:46)meikelmoeller Wrote: [ -> ]Drop Windows and BluRay Support...try Openelec with VDR Wink

This is no Option Blush

May be SteamOS some day... or Ubuntu and a WIN Vbox... but nothing else
(2015-11-15, 20:27)krustyreturns Wrote: [ -> ]If I understand you correctly, this is not really a pvr problem, but really just a problem with how your recorded tv shows (which I assume are still wtv files) look when played back in kodi. Is that right?

I don't see any difference between a wtv file played back with wmc (win-mediacenter) and kodi. Did you make sure de-interlacing was turned on for video playback in kodi? Maybe this is the 'stripes in video' problem. As for 'bad quality' or 'color-loss' all I can think is maybe it is a problem with having hardware acceleration turned on in kodi for your video card, try turning it off and playing the wtv file again.

Thanky for your answer.. i´ll do a new install of Kodi and NextPVR with your suggestions and give Feedback soon.
I tried now 1/2 year different things... the strips problem was fixed.. but the bad quality, big loading time for EPG, EPG update etc. not really. Sad

I have to setup my Mediacenter (Hardware) complete new (HHD crash)... and stand in front of decision:

WIN8.1 incl. WIN-Mediacenter for DVB-TV and Kodi for everthing else
or WIN10 (DX12) with Kodi only?

Has anyone a complete documentation with focus Live-TV (DVB) and Hardware inside Mediacenter (DVB S2 Card) which works and looks good?

I still think it´s only a matter of configuration

Thx
this is not related to upper one but i need help urgently,

i am from India i want to watch Indian channels live through my rpi .forthis i had enabled the pvr client but i need help regarding how to configure it .for this i think i need to add ulr from where to get that is working .
I got it worked in good quality.. but with Mediaportal as PVR.