Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: windows 10 kodi error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi
I have downloaded kodi and when I try to open it a message pops up with ERROR: unable to create application. exiting
IT worked fine before Please help.
ME TOO PLEASE FIX IT ASAP
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

edit by da-anda: removed the ad
(2015-11-13, 18:08)moranshe Wrote: [ -> ]ME TOO PLEASE FIX IT ASAP
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WHAT DO WE GET PAID TO DO THAT?
DEV-TEAM PLEASE TRY TO FIX THIS ERROR
(2015-11-13, 18:50)moranshe Wrote: [ -> ]DEV-TEAM PLEASE TRY TO FIX THIS ERROR

THE ERROR THAT YOUR KEYBOARD IS STUCK WITH CAPS ON?
PLEASE PROVIDE MORE DETAILS, LIKE KODI VERSION, GPU ETC AND STOP WRITING ALL CAPS FOR GODS SAKE!!!!! Because this is really annoying and I refuse to give any help to all-caps-people, especially when they sound as demanding as you just did. I run Kodi on Windows10 and don't get that error, so if you want any help, don't demand a fix ASAP but rather help in finding the issue so that it can be fixed. So do as I said and provide more info and if existing also the logfile of Kodi.
You shout demands and then report a funny response to that too the team. Seriously?
(2015-11-13, 18:50)moranshe Wrote: [ -> ]DEV-TEAM PLEASE TRY TO FIX THIS ERROR

How about you fix your spammy signature that I'm sure violates the forum rules?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Forum_rules#Signatures
I cleaned his sig and got rid of that ad
After Window 10 upgrade (from W 8.1) Kodi shows all images in 2 different colours (i.e. 2 mouse pointers , one in red the other in green).

A complete new Kodi installation (Isengard 15.2) didn't solve this appearence. (NVIDIA GeForce GT 640)

What could be the possible reason for that?

Thanks for your support.

Manfred
have you enabled some stereoscopic mode?
(2015-11-15, 11:24)da-anda Wrote: [ -> ]have you enabled some stereoscopic mode?

Thanks for your support.

Yes....

Solved by deactivating the 3D mode at NVIDIA's settings.
Was not posssible by changing appropriate settings at "Kodi's stereoscopic" drop-down menu.
@Todun
I talked to our Windows dev and he said that's an issue of nVidia drivers which try to put an application into stereoscopic 3D mode on application start. If you don't need any stereoscopic 3D support on your system, disable the feature entirely in nVidia drivers. If you'd like to use stereoscopic 3D but don't have it applied on start of Kodi, try this http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3367
(2015-11-17, 11:08)da-anda Wrote: [ -> ]@Todun
I talked to our Windows dev and he said that's an issue of nVidia drivers which try to put an application into stereoscopic 3D mode on application start. If you don't need any stereoscopic 3D support on your system, disable the feature entirely in nVidia drivers. If you'd like to use stereoscopic 3D but don't have it applied on start of Kodi, try this http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3367

@ da-anda,
many thanks again. Appreciate your fast support.

As you described, by disabling the 3D mode in nVidia driver setting screen, Kodi works very well.
Hope it helps other nVidia users too.

Manfred
Never enable NVidia Stereoscopic in it's config no matter if you use 3D or not.

Use a script to enable it when it's needed, and disable again when it's not.
Fwiw, toggling nvstlink.exe is not so simple anymore.
Rebooting reverts everything.
Many other problems like aspect ratio etc. as well.

Not that these are problems but, considerable customizations and automations in HTPC's require massaging for smooth operation and elimination of manual input to become truly user friendly. The setup might be extensive but the reliable end use is comfortable and well worth the labor you only have to setup once.
Covered extensively in the tut in my sig and this report of mine to NVidia that fell on deaf ears. Probably because gamers don't care about manual input where HTPC users (should).

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...h-anymore/
Pages: 1 2