Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-05-04, 18:53)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-04, 17:36)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I think that is a mistake. It really mars the otherwise beauty of the skin and will probably make folks think that the view is 'bugged'. How about taking the idea you have been developing of an information overlay that pops up after settling on an item for an (configurable?) amount of time. However, rather than the (sorry, ugly) large font, simple text overlay, use the info pop-up? In this way, for folks who want to sacrifice the item display for a continuous information display can do so. Folks like me (who want *everything*) can navigate the beautiful item display and after arriving at a particular item, can then see the information display slide up (and the item display slide down).

Fair enough Wink

The big plot overlay was added for people with smaller size tv screens sitting at a distance and want to read the plot.
Here's what I will do:

1. create a smaller version of the infopanel, just for the poster shift and poster row views so the posters do not have to be shifted down.
2. make 2 versions of the plot overlay panel: one with the big ass font and one which just looks nice and has a smaller font.

Agree ?

I like option 1 definitely. With respect to 2) -- I understand that some folks might like the 'text' overlay (big-ass as you say ;-), especially as an adaptive technology for folks who want *big*. You could also make two versions as you suggest (sooooo many options!).

However, I was thinking also of trying to retain the very slick animation of the info screen sliding up and the item panel sliding down. So where I was going was to add the idea of a delayed info panel -- similar to your delayed info overlay. However rather than making something new or using the 'big font overlay' just re-use the (too-large) info panel.

To express it fully and including your thoughts regarding a slim info panel: I guess that would make serveral possible options for an info panel including:

1) No info panel (ever).
2) Standard info panel always in view with the strip of items lowered.
3) Slim info panel always in view the the strip in normal position.
4) Standard info panel that slides in after a delay (strip lowers)
5) Overlay info that appears after a delay.

Perhaps this could be expressed with four options:

a) info overlay -- boolean
b) info panel -- boolean
c) delayed info panel -- boolean
d) slim info panel -- boolean

(This would also add some combinations to my above list: e.g. slim panel slides in after a delay with no downward motion of the strip)

It may be a lot to ask and to code, but I think it would make these views very powerful and versatile!
(2016-05-04, 19:13)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]It may be a lot to ask and to code, but I think it would make these views very powerful and versatile!

Already added, have a look in the next skin update
(2016-05-04, 00:06)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-03, 15:00)icemanmaverick Wrote: [ -> ]Only a little thing. I noticed the watched indicators in the widget view are still not showing in the latest update.

They show up fine with me. Can you provide a little more info...?

- Do the watched indicators not show up only for episodes or also other content ?
- Do the watched indicators work inside the media library ?
- If the indicators only not show up within a home widget, what home widget ?
Thanks for your swift reply.
It's only in the widgets view. When I access them from the homescreen. I've built my own menus for my TV shows, Movies etc. In the TV widget view I have it set to show my TV collection form salts. The shows with any outstanding episodes are marked and show the amount of episodes to view. However the shows that are completely up to date don't have an indicator to show this. However if I go to the same path(My TV shows collection) via the addon it has markers on watched shows. Hope this is the correct info you need? Like I say, It's not a major issue. Would be nice if my watched shows have an indicator to show they are up to date in the homescreen widget view though.
everytime i turn kodi on the skin reverts to confluence and i have to re select titan. once i do this all my preconfifured settings return, but how can i stop this from doing this in the 1st place
(2016-05-04, 12:06)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-04, 11:14)Glyde62 Wrote: [ -> ]One thing I noticed added a new movie today and it downloaded animated poster automatically

Strange thing. I see that you're running Emby. Can you please try to do a database reset ?

reset database still no animated posters
Hi Marcel,

It seems that on the netflix 2 layout, star rating doesn't change after the first row (in my case, ongoing tv shows).
(2016-05-04, 23:49)paulsavo1 Wrote: [ -> ]everytime i turn kodi on the skin reverts to confluence and i have to re select titan. once i do this all my preconfifured settings return, but how can i stop this from doing this in the 1st place

In that case somethiung iw wrong with your kodi setup and your settings are not saved on shutdown.
Did you perhaps install any "force shutdown" addon or something?
Hallo Marcel,

I would like to express my thanks for all the work, time and such you have put in this skin and to addons like the skin helper service.
Have a nice double holiday today (liberation day and "hemelvaart") and enjoy the good weather.

Cheers.
Using the Beta version I sometimes have to select a home screen item twice to get it to start playing. Anyone else noticing this?
(2016-05-05, 11:59)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-04, 23:49)paulsavo1 Wrote: [ -> ]everytime i turn kodi on the skin reverts to confluence and i have to re select titan. once i do this all my preconfifured settings return, but how can i stop this from doing this in the 1st place

not that i am aware off, i only have a basis setup with about 5 addons that i use, its on a htpc and only other thing is that i have the htpc setup so it turns on and goes straight to kodi, but more other htpc is also like this with no issues

In that case somethiung iw wrong with your kodi setup and your settings are not saved on shutdown.
Did you perhaps install any "force shutdown" addon or something?
(2016-05-04, 00:10)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-03, 15:42)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]1) Kodi declares the codec to be 'HEVC' which is not one of the cases you seem to handle explicitly. As such the codec variable created by the skin is set to 'HEVC'. No problems there, but there while you have a texture for 'h265.png' you don't have one for 'hevc.png'. A simple copy of the texture file and rebuild the xbt library fixes that one ;-).
Thanks for the catch, just added hevc.png ;-)

It looks like a texture for 2.1 channels (flags/flags_classic/audiochannels/3.png) is missing as well. I cobbled one up, perhaps imperfectly, if it helps http://not4hire.net/share/3.png

Also, I note some small -- one pixel -- vertical alignment errors between the parts of the classic icons. I have checked the pixel counts in the glyphs and the co-ordinates in the skin controls and I don't see how this is happening. Perhaps Kodi is doing some interesting stuff with placement. It's a very small thing, so unless I'm missing something obvious (definitely possible!), I'd leave it for a rainy day ;-).
(2016-05-05, 12:10)PH-SYM Wrote: [ -> ]Hallo Marcel,

I would like to express my thanks for all the work, time and such you have put in this skin and to addons like the skin helper service.
Have a nice double holiday today (liberation day and "hemelvaart") and enjoy the good weather.

Cheers.

Ditto this!!!
3rd that... your relentless in your pursuit of excellence buddy.
DonĀ“t know if its a bug or a feature Big Grin

On earlier versions of the skin I could access the shutdown menu from every menu point when i press arrow key down....now this is only possible on menu points where a submenu entry exists...

@ marcelveldt: can you check this behaviour?

Sorry for my bad english Wink
Bug :
custom background "single" is not working properly.

If I change a background, it's not sticking. Sometimes I select a picture And completely different picture is displayed...

Edit: this has only started on recent builds. Looks like a cache issue, perhaps?