Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-05-05, 07:38)Glyde62 Wrote: [ -> ]reset database still no animated posters

Can you confirm that the IMDB Number is correct in your emby database ?
The animated posters relies on the IMDB number to be correct as that is used to match posters in the animated posters db.

Also, what happens if you use the contextmenu manual option, do you see some posters there ?

Note that the animated posters are only available for a limited amount of movies.
(2016-05-05, 07:38)Glyde62 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-04, 12:06)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-04, 11:14)Glyde62 Wrote: [ -> ]One thing I noticed added a new movie today and it downloaded animated poster automatically

Strange thing. I see that you're running Emby. Can you please try to do a database reset ?

reset database still no animated posters
Any other ideas on what I can try to get animated posters working again?
(2016-05-05, 10:07)Turgon Wrote: [ -> ]It seems that on the netflix 2 layout, star rating doesn't change after the first row (in my case, ongoing tv shows).

Did you check this in most recent skin version as I can't reproduce the issue ?
(2016-05-05, 12:10)PH-SYM Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to express my thanks for all the work, time and such you have put in this skin and to addons like the skin helper service.
Have a nice double holiday today (liberation day and "hemelvaart") and enjoy the good weather.

Thanks! Rofl

Enjoy the weather too... Finally some good weather here in Holland Cool
(2016-05-05, 17:31)Hardax Wrote: [ -> ]Using the Beta version I sometimes have to select a home screen item twice to get it to start playing. Anyone else noticing this?

What do you mean exactly with this ? Click on a widget item ? Homemenu shortcut ?
A little more details would be welcome ;-)
(2016-05-05, 18:31)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like a texture for 2.1 channels (flags/flags_classic/audiochannels/3.png) is missing as well. I cobbled one up, perhaps imperfectly, if it helps http://not4hire.net/share/3.png

Also, I note some small -- one pixel -- vertical alignment errors between the parts of the classic icons. I have checked the pixel counts in the glyphs and the co-ordinates in the skin controls and I don't see how this is happening. Perhaps Kodi is doing some interesting stuff with placement. It's a very small thing, so unless I'm missing something obvious (definitely possible!), I'd leave it for a rainy day ;-).

Thanks for creating the additional texture, I'll add it to the skin.
Can you make a screenshot to point me to what you mean with the alignment error ?
(2016-05-06, 10:39)epicfail Wrote: [ -> ]On earlier versions of the skin I could access the shutdown menu from every menu point when i press arrow key down....now this is only possible on menu points where a submenu entry exists...

I can't reproduce this issue. Can you tell what homemenu settings you're using ?
(2016-05-06, 13:38)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-05, 18:31)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like a texture for 2.1 channels (flags/flags_classic/audiochannels/3.png) is missing as well. I cobbled one up, perhaps imperfectly, if it helps http://not4hire.net/share/3.png

Also, I note some small -- one pixel -- vertical alignment errors between the parts of the classic icons. I have checked the pixel counts in the glyphs and the co-ordinates in the skin controls and I don't see how this is happening. Perhaps Kodi is doing some interesting stuff with placement. It's a very small thing, so unless I'm missing something obvious (definitely possible!), I'd leave it for a rainy day ;-).

Thanks for creating the additional texture, I'll add it to the skin.
Can you make a screenshot to point me to what you mean with the alignment error ?

It only happens at resolutions above 1080p (as far as I can tell). On my HTPC everything is fine (1080p TV). I only noticed the issue on my desktop where I am using Kodi (for testing) in windowed mode on a 4K monitor. I'm pretty sure it's an artefact created when Kodi scales 1080p textures to high resolutions... I can't see any issue with the texture dimensions or the coordinates in the skin. Here is an example:

(2016-05-06, 13:21)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-05, 07:38)Glyde62 Wrote: [ -> ]reset database still no animated posters

Can you confirm that the IMDB Number is correct in your emby database ?
The animated posters relies on the IMDB number to be correct as that is used to match posters in the animated posters db.

Also, what happens if you use the contextmenu manual option, do you see some posters there ?

Note that the animated posters are only available for a limited amount of movies.

Yes imdb numbers are present.
I can choose the posters fine via the context menu, Just doesn't seem to be downloading the automatically anymore
Same thing is happening on my HTPC system also
a pic
(2016-05-06, 14:12)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]It only happens at resolutions above 1080p (as far as I can tell). On my HTPC everything is fine (1080p TV). I only noticed the issue on my desktop where I am using Kodi (for testing) in windowed mode on a 4K monitor. I'm pretty sure it's an artefact created when Kodi scales 1080p textures to high resolutions... I can't see any issue with the texture dimensions or the coordinates in the skin. Here is an example:

Hmm, this going to be very hard to reproduce for me as I do not have a 4K monitor.
Does the issue also occur if you start Kodi fullscreen on that same monitor ?
Remember that some weird stuff can happen when you switch from monitor or windowed/fullscreen, mainly because the aspect ratio changes which will not be picked up by the skin untill a reloadskin command is issued or Kodi restarted.
(2016-05-06, 23:24)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-06, 14:12)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]It only happens at resolutions above 1080p (as far as I can tell). On my HTPC everything is fine (1080p TV). I only noticed the issue on my desktop where I am using Kodi (for testing) in windowed mode on a 4K monitor. I'm pretty sure it's an artefact created when Kodi scales 1080p textures to high resolutions... I can't see any issue with the texture dimensions or the coordinates in the skin. Here is an example:

Hmm, this going to be very hard to reproduce for me as I do not have a 4K monitor.
Does the issue also occur if you start Kodi fullscreen on that same monitor ?
Remember that some weird stuff can happen when you switch from monitor or windowed/fullscreen, mainly because the aspect ratio changes which will not be picked up by the skin untill a reloadskin command is issued or Kodi restarted.

It does happen when Kodi is started full screen. I would be happy to try and help debug the dang thing, but at this point, unless there are a lot of folks using the skin with this particular option on a 4K TV/Monitor, I don't think it worthy of a lot of effort. I suspect that for true 4K support the entire set of textures needs to be re-worked (as with the transition from SD to HD). I may take a more careful look at the individual textures involved to see if I can finesse out some more clues, but for now, I'd suggest you put this one in the 'some day in the future' drawer ;-).

LOL, don't assume -- look! (That's me talking to myself, not to you ;-)

The textures don't have all the same height dimension (c.f. aspect ratio). Most are 60 but some are 57 -- that's the culprit. Round off during scaling takes care of the issue until you get sufficient resolution. I'll fuss with the textures and send you an updated set.
(2016-05-06, 23:47)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]The textures don't have all the same height dimension (c.f. aspect ratio). Most are 60 but some are 57 -- that's the culprit. Round off during scaling takes care of the issue until you get sufficient resolution. I'll fuss with the textures and send you an updated set.

Great, thanks! I must confess I did never take a good look at the classic flags, those are just legacy from the mediaportal skin.
Glad you found out the issue Big Grin
(2016-05-06, 17:02)icemanmaverick Wrote: [ -> ]a pic

Great post. Was there a question ? Wink
(2016-05-07, 00:35)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-06, 23:47)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]The textures don't have all the same height dimension (c.f. aspect ratio). Most are 60 but some are 57 -- that's the culprit. Round off during scaling takes care of the issue until you get sufficient resolution. I'll fuss with the textures and send you an updated set.

Great, thanks! I must confess I did never take a good look at the classic flags, those are just legacy from the mediaportal skin.
Glad you found out the issue Big Grin

Here are the updated textures for aspectratio(n!) and audiocodec -- these seem to be the problem children ;-)

http://not4hire.net/share/aspectration.zip

http://not4hire.net/share/audiocodec.zip