Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
I'm using TItan with emby plugin. It's any posibility to add a shortcut based on tag filter Huh
(2016-08-14, 20:07)maxifullmedia Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using TItan with emby plugin. It's any posibility to add a shortcut based on tag filter Huh

That should be already available in the shortcuts editor
I installed Kodi 16 and Titan on a 'maiden-like' computer and observed the same behaviour: As soon as I add an entry in the setting "Ignore titles with these words" no fanart is fetched at all. Maybe you can verify this.
In the meanwhile I will change the 'directory structure for cache folder'. Until now I used the default option 'Programtitle', I am curious what happens if I change it to 'Channelname\Programtitle'.
And no, I am not using Google Images at all, tried it just once for a few minutes, but disabled it as just garbage was found ;-)

(2016-08-14, 19:32)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]The local channel icon is always preferred.
I think I know what happened with your setup. I guess that in your case the channel logo was retrieved as PVR thumbnail (by the google images lookup)..
Because the default cache setting is to store each program by title, that is why you get that wrong channel icon at channels with the same description.

In the context menu for PVR artwork you can manually override the thumb, just set it to None.
To prevent this from happening in the future you might as well look into the settings for the PVR artwork and set the cache location to use channel-title instead of just title.

I hope this makes sense.
(2016-08-14, 19:56)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]1) The time it takes completely depends on the extended info addon, it is out of control of the skin... Keep in mind that if you open a movie for the first time in extendedinfo it has to load it from Internet. Once it's retrieved you get a copy from the cache so next time it will be lots faster.

2) I see some very strange playlist that is causing the crash, could be in combination with emby. Not skin related. The playlist I mean is the oscarwinners.

3) Well, the big downside of Emby coverart is that it alters the default aspect ratio. the skin expects artwork to be in the sizes by the guidelines from imdb/fanart.tv etc. etc
I'd be happy to include a switch but I will have to know the aspect ratio of the changes artwork (coverart plugin). Is it the same for all coverart variations ?

You can perhaps understand the issue here. The whole skin is coded to the default sizes of artwork as described in guidelines.
If the artwork is a different size it will either slice off parts or stretch.

Can you tell me which views are having the issues, all or just some ?
Also tell me, if possible if the AR is the same for all coverart variations.

1. Thanks for clarification

2. This playlist is from another skin I tried here on my test system. But the freezes also occur on my FTV2 with clean install and just Titan skin with basic addons + an IMDB Top250 playlist. Will grab a log from there when it happens again.

3. As soon as I got time will check the AR's depending on your questions and report. But I will do in you skin thread in Emby forum. Also just in case ebr is needed for further questions.
As mentioned I changed the default option 'Programtitle' to 'Channelname\Programtitle' and now it seems to work without any problems. --> maybe you should set this as default option?

'No information available' from the EPG seems to be a special case though: In the channel list the appropriate channel icon is shown, but in the EPG list view the living room appears. I tried to open the context menu, because I wanted to access the PVR artwork menu, but the context menu doesn't open in the combination "no information available" and EPG view. It does open with any other program title in the EPG view. It also opens if "now information is available" and if you are in the channel list view.

EDIT: "As soon as I add an entry in the setting "Ignore titles with these words" no fanart is fetched at all."
I believe this is just true if you add "No information available" (or whatever it is called in your local language, here it is "Keine Information verfügbar"). Counterexample: I added just the term "Teleshopping" and PVR Artwork continues working, all fanart, thumbs etc. are fetched, apart from channels whose program is called "Teleshopping".
(2016-08-14, 14:46)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-14, 13:01)burekas Wrote: [ -> ]I updated to 3.6.80 and this is still the same.

Did you restart Kodi ? The fix was in the skinhelper service...

kodi didn't show me an update for skinhelper, just for the skin itself.
Which version should I need for SkinHelper?
(2016-08-14, 21:51)malvinas2 Wrote: [ -> ]I installed Kodi 16 and Titan on a 'maiden-like' computer and observed the same behaviour: As soon as I add an entry in the setting "Ignore titles with these words" no fanart is fetched at all. Maybe you can verify this.

You mean that if you add one entry to the ignore list, all other titles aren't working too ?
I can't reproduce that,what title did you add ?
No, as I tried to explain in post #2360 you can add anything what you would like to the ignore list, it will work perfectly.
The only thing you can't add is the string "No information available", that's what the EPG reports if the tv channel does not broadcast any EPG information.

That's why I called "No information availabe" a special case ;-)
The problem is that it also prevents you to choose a channel icon instead of the living room picture in the EPG view.

(I suppose in Dutch it says: "Geen informatie beschikbaar". )
(2016-08-15, 00:04)malvinas2 Wrote: [ -> ]As mentioned I changed the default option 'Programtitle' to 'Channelname\Programtitle' and now it seems to work without any problems. --> maybe you should set this as default option?

'No information available' from the EPG seems to be a special case though: In the channel list the appropriate channel icon is shown, but in the EPG list view the living room appears. I tried to open the context menu, because I wanted to access the PVR artwork menu, but the context menu doesn't open in the combination "no information available" and EPG view. It does open with any other program title in the EPG view. It also opens if "now information is available" and if you are in the channel list view.

EDIT: "As soon as I add an entry in the setting "Ignore titles with these words" no fanart is fetched at all."
I believe this is just true if you add "No information available" (or whatever it is called in your local language, here it is "Keine Information verfügbar"). Counterexample: I added just the term "Teleshopping" and PVR Artwork continues working, all fanart, thumbs etc. are fetched, apart from channels whose program is called "Teleshopping".

OK, I reproduced the issue. This can't be fixed, it is by design in Kodi. That "no information available" is a special situation in Kodi.
In fact I debugged it and for that item there was nothing reported to the skin. No label/title, no icon etc.
So it's not possible to get the channel icon for that entry displayed unless this is reported as bug/feature request to the Kodi team.

Note that there is an option in the Kodi settings for Live TV - Guide, to hide those netries from the guide.
(2016-08-15, 00:21)burekas Wrote: [ -> ]kodi didn't show me an update for skinhelper, just for the skin itself.
Which version should I need for SkinHelper?

Hmmm, maybe I forgot to upload the skinhelper update. Will do so later today
nvm found the added settings >.<

Nope i was wrong it's still fucked up, how do i change the colour of the panel where the channel icons are? It's white for me used to be transparent
Ok I have the beta version installed for Titan on Jarvis 16.1 and have it set to auto update. Never had any issues until just recently. I would post a debug log but I am actually no longer able to access the GUI.

It crashed a few minutes ago and reverted to confluence skin and gave a skin help error message. I tried to set it back to Titan but it was saying it was missing files. I went to the repository and clicked "update" so it would hopefully redownload the appropriate files. I selected Titan skin again and this time it allowed me to keep the skin. However when I went to the homescreen it's just completely blue. I cannot click on anything. I have restarted Kodi and it boots up straight to this light blue screen. Obviously I would try to post a debug log but I cant.

I was thinking about going into the kodi folder and deleting Titan and starting over. Is this the correct approach?
Ok after having a lil fiddle with it, lt only seems to happen with 10 rows and only channel icons enabled
(2016-08-14, 11:29)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-13, 17:51)pünktchen Wrote: [ -> ]If your change is in version 3.6.80, then it's still not working unfortunately.

I (finally) found some way to work around the issue. Fix will be in next skin update
Working great now in Jarvis, although the triangle is a little bit too much of the good imho. But if no one other complains about this, i can live with it:

In Krypton it's working for "timers", but for active "timer rules" the red dots are only visible if there are no upcoming schedules within a rule.
(2016-08-14, 21:04)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-14, 20:07)maxifullmedia Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using TItan with emby plugin. It's any posibility to add a shortcut based on tag filter Huh

That should be already available in the shortcuts editor

I Explorer all shortcut editor but not find tags I only find Genre and Sets but Not tags