Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm facing a bit of an annoying situation - I made my own build for use by me and my family, using Aeon Nox - and made it available to download via my own Kodi Wizard. Everything with that build works fine, and my family are able to download it and install it correctly on the Firestick - once it is installed they force close Kodi on the Firestick and when they reopen, the skin has correctly changed from Confluence to Aeon Nox and all my menu settings are correct.
So that encouraged me to create some more builds using different skins - I created one using Arctic Zephyr (from ashes) and one using the Titan skin. I then uploaded them and made them available through my wizard as I had done with my first build - but when I went to install it on my Firestick - when I force close and reopen - the skin and all my menu settings havnt been correctly ported over. It still opens up with the Confluence skin.
All the addons and programs have been correctly installed - but when I go and manually change the skin to the correct one, it just opens up without all my custom menu settings, and resets all the menus to stock set up.
The strange thing is, when I use my laptop to install the builds through my Kodi Wizard - everything sets up correctly, with the right skin showing with all my custom menus.
I am at a complete loss as to why it works on my laptop, but not on the firestick - would anyone be able to point out where I am going wrong?

Does the Titan skin GUI/menu settings require some file paths to be changed so that the firestick can correctly set up the menu?

My download wizard can be found at http://s666.esy.es and the builds are called Build 1 (which is the Aeon Nox build), Arctic and Titan.
Any help VERY much appreciated!!!
@all: I've been busy last weeks rewriting large parts of the skin and helper addons.
A new skin beta will come within a few days with much improved speed, stability and more features.
Also I'll take the time to answer the questions here. Please be patient for a few more days :-)
(2016-10-30, 00:28)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]@all: I've been busy last weeks rewriting large parts of the skin and helper addons.
A new skin beta will come within a few days with much improved speed, stability and more features.
Also I'll take the time to answer the questions here. Please be patient for a few more days :-)

The skin is amazing...my favourite of all the available Kodi skins by far, so thanks for your hard work and contribution to the Kodi experience.

Keep up the good work!
(2016-10-30, 00:28)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]@all: I've been busy last weeks rewriting large parts of the skin and helper addons.

Great to hear!

We are all indebted to you for your hard work!
Hi marcelveldt!

I got a problem again....dont know if its skin related....but it exists since a few days....think it comes with an update to skin helper service...but i´m not sure.

It´s on all my 3 Kodi Systems....Android, Windows and Libreelec.

Maybe you can have a look when you have time.

Debug Log:

http://pastebin.com/WvHQpQXt

Youtube Video:

https://youtu.be/cnKdGXdewFk
Hey,

using v3.6.78. This might have been fixed in one of the current betas but listening to a band called Mistur, the online lookup for music artwork translates it to Ministry and shows artwork of Ministry. I believe it shouldn't show anything if there is no artwork found.

Edit: The files are properly tagged
Think I've finally found the problem I've always had with this skin. I've seen screenshots of clearart showing up when paused and movie info is on screen etc. I can only ever see clearart when I choose big poster 2. Also noticed that with he modern rounded corners theme alot of posters had rounded corners at the top but squared off at the bottom. That's something I noticed last night.

Anyway, Googled around last night and read and remembered about the texture 13b file in database, so I deleted it and also the thumbnails in the folder. Rebooted my pc and booted up kodi, took a while for some artwork to show up but it looked fine then. Posters had rounded corners and clearart showed up when I paused a movie.... Great! Then after a while it went back to how it was. When I pause a show I don't see a poster, just a landscape picture, no clearart either. Then in my library, rounder corners were cropped off and square!

Very strange. I'm using latest beta jarvis on Windows pc
No I was wrong, turns out its the jarvis beta. Reinstalled kodi today and whilst it's was installing I already had kodi on my phone so I installed jarvis skin from it. The added a few addons and tested it and it worked an d looked fine so I installed normal jarvis version on this skin and it works just how I've always wanted it to
No I was wrong, turns out its the jarvis beta. Reinstalled kodi today and whilst it's was installing I already had kodi on my phone so I installed jarvis skin from it. The added a few addons and tested it and it worked an d looked fine so I installed normal jarvis version on this skin and it works just how I've always wanted it to
(2016-09-15, 20:24)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-07, 11:11)ZalmanXBMC Wrote: [ -> ]My issue is that I did not succeed in creating a main menu item Camcorder that only shows me my camcorder recordings.
Editing the "Videos" main menu item shows me textual shortcuts "Add Videos", "Camcorder". I would like the main menu item "Camcorder" to behave the same way as "Movies" does with the movies that are in the sub-dir "films".
When I click on the textaul shortcut "Camcorder" Kodi shows me my camcorder recordings the way Movies are shown, with fanart etc. So, I do not want this extra step.
Furthermore I would like to create a main menu item for my digitized super8 films, behaving the same way as described.

OK, I see what you mean.

1) First make sure that you add the directory where your videos are located to the video sources, no need to set the content provider (exclude it from scans). --> Videos --> Files --> Add source

2) Once your file location is added as video source you can create a shortcut to the correct location

3) Shortcuts Editor --> Add --> Video library --> Sources --> Your source --> Create menu item

Marcel,
I haven't been able to answer you earlier, but I'll try today and come back to you later.
When can we expect the new version of this great skin?

Cant wait Big Grin
I want to add a custom command sub-menu but can't seem to find a way to do that. Lots of custom commands but none where I can type my "ActivateWindow" request. Can someone point me in the right direction?
I'm very satisfied with the Titan Skin and wonder if the following is possible?

I have my movies on 2 different HD's on my NAS. At this moment I made two shortcuts to the different locations and called them Movies HD1 and Movies HD2 (in Dutch: Films HD1 en Films HD2). Similar to the folder Kids (Kids HD1 and Kids HD2).

Is it possible to create only 1 shortcut for all movies? If it is possible, please tell me how to do this.

Thank you in advance!
(2016-11-10, 21:55)78suited Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to create only 1 shortcut for all movies? If it is possible, please tell me how to do this.

I am not sure, if I understand your question 100% correct:
You can add as many 'sources' to Kodi as you want, but you have to use the 'library mode'.
If you want to use the 'file mode' at all circunstances, you would have to combine the two harddisks within the NAS to one, so that the NAS handles the two disks as a single big one. Doing so you will quite probably lose all existing data.
(2016-11-10, 02:49)zivodevo Wrote: [ -> ]I want to add a custom command sub-menu but can't seem to find a way to do that. Lots of custom commands but none where I can type my "ActivateWindow" request. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Skin settings --> Configure shortcuts --> Edit menu shortcuts --> Change action --> Custom item --> ....