Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-12-03, 04:34)JasonMonette Wrote: [ -> ]Still having this issue. How do yo get the RSS feed to show up?!!

There are a few conditions where the RSS feed won't show. For example if you've setup your widgets to fill the entire screen in the vertical menu layouts.
Best thing to do is play with the skin settings untill you found the combination that made your feed dissapear.
If you feel like you've already looked at every setting you may also create a skinbackup (see skinbackup feature in skin settings) and send it to me.
I can than test with your exact skinsettings to determine the cause of the issue.
(2016-12-03, 11:21)sisgleda Wrote: [ -> ]1. I am using 3.6.78 - stable version installed from the Kodi repo
2. I do not see any errors. There are only a few warnings, but none of those seems to be related to the issue

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Titan skin -> loaded the settings I have backed up beforehand. Everything is the same.

P.S. I just noticed one more strange thing. The 'Recently added albums' widget for the music section stays over the main menu items hiding them (horizontal home layout).
The widget layout is set to 'None - using the global setting' and the global setting is 'Posters'. However, there is a workaround for that - setting the widget layout to 'Posters' seems to fix the issue - I get the same widget layout but it is above the home menu items.

Hmm, I fixed a load of stuff in the current beta version, including a rewrite of the smart shortcuts code.
My feeling says that your issues are definitely fixed in the current beta version.
I expect this new version to hit the repo within a few weeks already. If you don't want to wait and you're brave enough, you can consider switching to the beta version temporary but I must warn you that atm the beta version and stable are not backwards compatible with eachother so if you install the beta, most probably stuff in the stable version will break.

You can however import your skinbackup from current stable into the beta.

Up to you, either wait a few weeks untill I release the new update on kodi repo or switch to beta :-)
(2016-12-03, 16:40)thebertster Wrote: [ -> ]Problem is unchanged with 3.6.98 and SH 1.0.131, but not sure if these versions should fix the issue as per your previous post but wanted to let you know just in case. (n.b. deleted the thumbnail and simplecache databases and it is still scraping from thetvdb). I notice also that at the same time the thumbnail changes, the footer displays an item for "continuing (on <date>)" (or "ended" for older shows) - I do not have the tv show next aired add-on, so assume this is also a new function of your scripts?

Hmmm, now I beter understand the issue. You're talking about a thumbnail displaying the wrong fanart, so the background fanart is OK ?
So, what thumbnail (where?) are you talking about.

And yes, the tvdb nextaired info is coming from skinhelper as a replacement for nextaired addon.
Skinhelper already has that info in cache so why not display it in the skin. Besides it's using the new tvdb api in favor of the old one that will be fased out by tvdb (and nextaired addon is still using).
I still need to add some toggles in the skin settings to enable/disable it.
(2016-12-04, 00:09)JasonMonette Wrote: [ -> ]Ok I have been playing around this. I deleted the Rssfeeds.xml file on one machine and that did the trick. But on my other ones (linux) doesn't seem to work. But I have noticed that when I do delete it, the kodi feeds show up, so it much be something with my feed. Can you check it out for me?

Good chance that it uses some uncode characters that the skin font can't handle.
Try switching to the Arial font (Settings --> Appearance --> Font) to see if that helps
(2016-12-04, 00:49)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-04, 00:09)JasonMonette Wrote: [ -> ]Ok I have been playing around this. I deleted the Rssfeeds.xml file on one machine and that did the trick. But on my other ones (linux) doesn't seem to work. But I have noticed that when I do delete it, the kodi feeds show up, so it much be something with my feed. Can you check it out for me?

Good chance that it uses some uncode characters that the skin font can't handle.
Try switching to the Arial font (Settings --> Appearance --> Font) to see if that helps

Thanks for replying!

If this was the case it wouldn't work on any machine, correct? The feed shows up on my windows machine, but not the linux machine. It is very strange....I did change the font, but no change...still no feed shows...
(2016-12-03, 21:14)burekas Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, it's ok now.
By the way, did you add additional setting or just set it to be as it was before?

I managed to find a way to make it work as before. The new code launches the infopanel if Kodi fires the "onplay" event but apparently that event is also fired if you resume from pause. So what I did now is "remember" if the info was already shown once during playback.

(2016-12-03, 21:14)burekas Wrote: [ -> ]Still the same as mentioned here in "Regarding 4"
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2467751

Hmm, This can't be easy fixed. It can only show the widget background for the current active widget for the menu item.
For widgets that are hidden it can't show the background. I will have to adjust to code and settings to refreclt that.
In short this option will only work if you have multiple widgets visible at once, for example in vertical homelayout with multiple rows of widgets it should work.
In case there's only one widget visible (with a toggle button to switch to other widget), it will not work as expected.

I will change this tomorrow to better refect the posibilities, in that case you will only have 1 option: "use widget background" if you have a single widget visible at once but you can have the multiple options if you have multiple widgets present.
(2016-12-04, 01:05)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-03, 21:14)burekas Wrote: [ -> ]Still the same as mentioned here in "Regarding 4"
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2467751

Hmm, This can't be easy fixed. It can only show the widget background for the current active widget for the menu item.
For widgets that are hidden it can't show the background. I will have to adjust to code and settings to refreclt that.
In short this option will only work if you have multiple widgets visible at once, for example in vertical homelayout with multiple rows of widgets it should work.
In case there's only one widget visible (with a toggle button to switch to other widget), it will not work as expected.

I will change this tomorrow to better refect the posibilities, in that case you will only have 1 option: "use widget background" if you have a single widget visible at once but you can have the multiple options if you have multiple widgets present.
But I do have multiple widget present (Look the screenshots)

As I said, the background is set by widget 2, which is ok when none of the widgets is focused.
But previously, when I was go over the items of widget 1, the background used their item's fanart as background.
(Or widget 2 when I go to it)
(2016-12-03, 02:22)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-02, 11:23)heula Wrote: [ -> ]I have my subtitle languange flags back. I needed to download something for that.
Still I'm missing the PVR widget for "Now Recording" in 3.6.97. Tested all availble options but nothing shows me what is currently recording. Can this be fixed?

Are you sure that ther's ever been a widget that displays whats now recording ?
I don't recall me adding that ever but I can be mistaken. In any case now it doesn't exist.
I will have to go through my rewrite changes if I accidentally removed it.

BTW: Doesn't the timers widget give you what you want. If I'm not mistaken this also includes the timer that is currently recording.

Yes until some updates ago it worked with the widget "Next recording unwatched"
I now see the recordings again but the stay there even the do not longer excist. I don't know ehat changed this behaviour but it's not working as before.
It doesn't refresh or see the new added (test) recording(s). I need to close Kodi and reopen it again to show it. This has probably to do with the epg update setting and that can only be set to a minimum of 15 minutes. Any wat to set this to 1 or minutes. Tried the guisetting but it doesnt hold the manually set setting.
The planned timers shows all my future recordings twice. Don't know why this is?
Hope this helps.
(2016-11-26, 12:44)Simograndi Wrote: [ -> ]Hi marcel! What a great update... that's why you were silent Smile

So here it is my feedback to try fixing all possible issues before next stable release (I'm running beta 3.6.94 on 16.1 Windows)

- In main settings page, the "Appearance" icon (the new one I supplied you last time) seems corrupt, the generic "loading icon" is displayed. Let me know if there's something wrong in the file

- The Busy Circle selection window always displays a folder icon instead of the circle preview

- The skin doesn't install automatically as dependance the addons "backgrounds", "busy circles" and "color picker"

- In menu shortcuts config, choosing widgets the "default widgets" list is always empty even if it scans for it

- Using a different font, the choosen one isn't displayed in all fields, mostly all the right list of the skin settings. Using the "condensed" one the issue is more visible

These instead are around since a while:

- With big horizontal modern home view, toggling widgets with keyboard (touch works fine) causes the widget toggling, but also it goes to the previous widget list of another category.
Let me explain better with an example: I have "Movies" with widgets "Movies Widget 1" and " Movies Widget 2", first one selected. On the right scrolling the main menu I have "TV Shows", and its widgets are "TV Widget 1" and "TV Widget 2". Let's assume I'm displaying the "TV Widget 1" widget and I want to switch to "TV Widget 2": always with arrows I push UP arrow once to highlight widgets list, and another time to change the widget displaying.
Well, it does, but it brings me to "Movies Widget 1". Then if I scroll again to TV Shows, it's now displaying the "TV Widget 2".
So please check the inputs required for this action, it's very annoing...

- The "system info widget" poster LY is still broken, showing landscape icons and then a lot of empty space between image and tag.
Did you see my updated icons I sent you some time ago? In case not here they are again Posters icons

All minor things but annoying Smile Thanks as always for your hard work, and splitting the skinhelper addon I think it's a great thing to better control bugs

Cheers!

Hi marcel, did you see my last post? Some bugs are fixed in last builds, others not
(2016-12-03, 02:39)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-02, 15:40)heula Wrote: [ -> ]The weather widget is not working in 3.6.97. I can select the widget but it shows nothing.

Working perfectly fine on my setup. Maybe try another weather provider ?
I had to delete my old shortcut and added a new shortcut and now it's working again.
@Marcel

A couple of beers are send your way.

Great skin!
Delete
(2016-12-04, 00:47)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-03, 16:40)thebertster Wrote: [ -> ]Problem is unchanged with 3.6.98 and SH 1.0.131, but not sure if these versions should fix the issue as per your previous post but wanted to let you know just in case. (n.b. deleted the thumbnail and simplecache databases and it is still scraping from thetvdb). I notice also that at the same time the thumbnail changes, the footer displays an item for "continuing (on <date>)" (or "ended" for older shows) - I do not have the tv show next aired add-on, so assume this is also a new function of your scripts?

Hmmm, now I beter understand the issue. You're talking about a thumbnail displaying the wrong fanart, so the background fanart is OK ?
So, what thumbnail (where?) are you talking about.

And yes, the tvdb nextaired info is coming from skinhelper as a replacement for nextaired addon.
Skinhelper already has that info in cache so why not display it in the skin. Besides it's using the new tvdb api in favor of the old one that will be fased out by tvdb (and nextaired addon is still using).
I still need to add some toggles in the skin settings to enable/disable it.

Yes, it is the thumbnail displayed in the left-hand pane of the "Big Info 2" view (for example). which, for TV shows, has always displayed the default fanart thumbnail. As far as I can tell the BACKGROUND fanart is as it should be (default fanart or extra fanart if that option is enabled). As I say, all my art is local and I don't need (or want!) any art to be scraped.
(2016-12-04, 11:09)Simograndi Wrote: [ -> ]Hi marcel, did you see my last post? Some bugs are fixed in last builds, others not

Yes, and I've replied to all of your questions/issues. Big Grin
Please tell me wihich issues are not fixed yet.
(2016-12-04, 00:57)JasonMonette Wrote: [ -> ]If this was the case it wouldn't work on any machine, correct? The feed shows up on my windows machine, but not the linux machine. It is very strange....I did change the font, but no change...still no feed shows...

Can you please try to setup that particular rss feed on your linux machine with the default confluence skin to see if it displays then ?