Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-12-12, 02:53)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]In the latest version, 3.6.99, helper 1.0.134, widgets 1.0.9 -- the recent movies widgets and the next episode widgets (and perhaps others) are not updating after a movie/episode is watched. Kodi must be restarted (or the widgets/shortcuts changed) before the widgets are updated. I'm pretty sure this was working in earlier versions (but after the refactor).

This should be working, at least on my setup with most recent updates it works.
Please test if the issue is resolved in latest/current versions, if not please check the kodi log for errors.
(2016-12-12, 19:17)darkvader Wrote: [ -> ]Can you or everybody tested , i have activated the start intro and sometimes it starts 2times or sometimes the intro starts, and befor its finished they show me the home menü and the intro plays in the background. Can you look into this.
What did you set as content for the intro ? musicfile, videofile ? image ?
(2016-12-12, 19:26)VMCosco Wrote: [ -> ]I am currently running Skin 3.6.78, Skin Helper 1.0.134, Skin Helper Widgets 1.0.9. Will this combination cause widget issues?
I ask because my Random Albums and Next Airing Episodes have stopped refreshing/updating

Yes this will cause major issues as you're using beta script versions with the stable skin.
use stable script version with stable skin OR use beta scripts with beta skin.
Do NOT mix them up, especially not now since I did the major refactor.
(2016-12-12, 19:33)carmelo987 Wrote: [ -> ]I just want to thank author of this splendid skin. I'm using Titan nearly 2 years from now and it always been on my Kodi, but recenlty a couple months from now I found that Netflix version of it beat it all my expectations what Kodi skin should look like. I'm literally blown away every time when I turn on my tv and start Kodi. There are a couple of really good skins out there, but I belive that none have every section perfectly looking, well except Titan. Home page (I mean that Netflix version 2 is stunning) movie section, tv show section, live tv section, music section, youtube... everything looks perfect and probably as same as important fully functional without some major errors.
I hope that this skin will live for many many years cause it will be really hard to get used to some other skin after this perfection.

Cheers and thanks author again for this amazing Kodi experience!

Thank you for the kind words ! CoolBig Grin
(2016-12-13, 09:16)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]The skin backups don't seem to contain any widget definitions. C.F. the skinproperties.properties file in the zip -- it's empty.

I fixed this in yesterday's update of the skinbackup addon
Sorry if it was discussed before... I'm new to Kodi and using it on a android TV. I installed and loved the Netflix 2 skin. However, the context menu doesn't work. I couldn't find anyway of seeing the trailer or more info about the movie. Am I doing something Wrong?
(2016-12-14, 18:49)Hans13 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the great work.

I am using the Netflix style 2 layout. Movies load from the Exodus widgets I have set up. The widgets to open TV shows make the sound as if they were going to open, but they do nothing. What am I missing?

Sorry, no support here for banned addons, please respect the forum rules.
(2016-12-15, 01:27)Jostudly Wrote: [ -> ]I am getting this same error with the latest Titan. How can I fix the missing files error?

Reinstall the skin and all helpers manually or kodi entirely as your system is screwed.
(2016-12-18, 13:18)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-05, 18:17)burekas Wrote: [ -> ]Another issue regarding this, regarding the favourites items in the Favorites widget.
When I add an internal addon item to the favorites, it shows black as background.
Can you fix it so it will take the addon's fanart that it belongs to (Preferred option), or set it by the global background setting?

It should already do that, but only if the addon actually provides a fanart.jpg image. Please check in the addons folder if the addon has a fanart.jpg image.

The addon has fanart.jpg.

But still, my suggestions when there is no fanart or background to choose one of those:
- Use the Global Background setting
- Use the thumbnail image as background for them

(I'm preferring the first one, or you can make it as a choice for the user)
(2016-12-15, 01:29)burekas Wrote: [ -> ]1) Regarding widgets:
a. Watched\Num of episodes indicators aren't shown in widgets (For example "Random Movies", "Random TV Shows")
The indicators were missing for the single/wide box layouts. Just added them. Available in next update.

(2016-12-15, 01:29)burekas Wrote: [ -> ]b. Internal addons items which add to the Favorites doesn't have background in the Favorites widgets, it shows black background.
My suggestion: Show the addon fanart for them or use the Global Background setting or use the thumbnail image as background for them (I'm preferring the first one, or you can make it as a choice for the user)
I told you this in other post: Make sure that the addon actually provides a fanart.jpg in it's addon folder on disk.
If you want more control over the images displayed, you shoud consider switching to super favourites.

(2016-12-15, 01:29)burekas Wrote: [ -> ]c. Regarding the option of "Use as widget". I use it in one of my addons, but there is mismatch with the title.
While in the addon the title is written like this (Date + Title):
Not a skin issue, that addon is not following Kodi's for the listings.

(2016-12-15, 01:29)burekas Wrote: [ -> ]d. Can you add arrows (right/left/both) indication for widget to show that they have additional items?
(Like you did with the Main Menu items and for the addon information buttons)
Added to my TODO list, will pick it up soon.

(2016-12-15, 01:29)burekas Wrote: [ -> ]2) [Request] In File Manager, please make the text to be rolling (Currently it's just cut)
Will be fixed in next update

(2016-12-15, 01:29)burekas Wrote: [ -> ]3) [Bug] In Trakt addon settings the text is overlay.

Will be fixed in next beta

(2016-12-15, 01:29)burekas Wrote: [ -> ]4) Regarding the view modes: Thumbs and Big Panel Wall (and maybe it relates also to the others)
Why in Thumbs each focused item is also enlarged, while in Big Panel Wall it isn't?

It's on my TODO list to fix. The zoom effect will be optional for each viewtype.

(2016-12-15, 01:29)burekas Wrote: [ -> ]5) Bug: There is something strange with the video info screen regarding the Trailer/YouTube Trailer/YouTube Videos buttons.
Sometimes they are missing, sometimes after pressing they are disappearing again. something isn't stable about them.

Fixed in next beta
(2016-12-16, 18:29)Knockknock17 Wrote: [ -> ]I just installed your skin and began setting it up. The problem is when I am watching something and hit pause and then back to go back to the skin there is a giant "Now Playing" bar on top that cuts off a bunch of the skin elements. How do I disable this bar so I can see the skin instead?

Skin Settings --> Playback & OSD --> Disable Now playing Infobar.
Please look in the skinsettings before posting. Titan is very flexible and you can customize almost everything in the skin settings.
(2016-12-17, 19:10)jhoff81 Wrote: [ -> ]All of a sudden lately, my views have been acting all weird. It used to be that I would go into the Movies section, select a view for that, and it would stick. Go into a collection in my Movies, select a view for that, and it would apply to all. Same for TV shows as a whole, the seasons lists for every show (the same view applied to all), and the episodes list. So lately it seems like every movie collection has its own view, and seems like random TV shows are changing their settings on me without my doing anything.

So, no problem there, I decide I'll use Forced Views since that's what it's for.  Except when using forced views, it turns out that there is a split-second flash of the default view before it switches to my chosen view.  I don't know if its new because I've never used that option before, but any chance that is fixable?

By default, Kodi saves the view for each "folder" so yes, every collection would have it's own view.
If you don't like that you can use the forced view settings indeed. The flash you notice is the forced view feature actually forcing Kodi to use the view you've setup.
On very fast systems it will not be noticable, on slower systems or large libraries you will see the flash.
(2016-12-18, 17:29)wrgfs Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry if it was discussed before... I'm new to Kodi and using it on a android TV. I installed and loved the Netflix 2 skin. However, the context menu doesn't work. I couldn't find anyway of seeing the trailer or more info about the movie. Am I doing something Wrong?

On Kodi Jarvis only the <info> key will work. Starting from the upcoming Kodi Krypton the contextmenu will also be available from the homescreen.
So, for now consider to use the info key to get the full movie details screen.
Latest skin widget update is throwing many errors similar to this:

13:10:57 T:15804 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named artutils
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\oattes\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.backgrounds\service.py", line 9, in <module>
from resources.lib.backgrounds_updater import BackgroundsUpdater
File "C:\Users\oattes\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.backgrounds\resources\lib\backgrounds_updater.py", line 20, in <module>
from smartshortcuts import SmartShortCuts
File "C:\Users\oattes\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.backgrounds\resources\lib\smartshortcuts.py", line 15, in <module>
from artutils import detect_plugin_content, KodiDb
ImportError: No module named artutils
-->End of Python script error report<--

Update: this may have just been due to a corrupted update.....
(2016-12-18, 19:11)burekas Wrote: [ -> ]But still, my suggestions when there is no fanart or background to choose one of those:
- Use the Global Background setting
- Use the thumbnail image as background for them

It is already exactly like that. If an item has no fanart, the global background will be used.