Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-02-29, 00:08)gkf9 Wrote: [ -> ]If I can post a log, will you be able to point me in the right direction to find the malicious add on ?

Well, that would be any addon that provides access to unlegal sources, also known as streaming addons.
(2016-02-29, 00:32)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-28, 22:55)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]OK, it looks like you fixed the problem (background) for videos (TV Shows, Movies), but there is a similar problem with Music backgrounds. There is also a problem with Photo backgrounds, but that one is weird. When I move to the Photo tile from the 'System' tile (custom, to the right of the Photo tile), the photo background appears properly. However, when I move to the Photo tile from the 'Music' tile (customized, to the left of the Photo tile), the background stays 'stuck' on the music background -- which, in turn, is stuck on the artist for the selected widget tile. It may be that the photo background issue is a consequence of the 'stuck' Music background.... hold off on that release just a bit more ;-)

cheers, Lee

Update: this one seems a little different, however. Sometimes the background for Music is fine *until* you move into a widget tile. Then the background get's stuck -- some kind of 'exit' code is not running on leaving the widget to reset the normal 'home' background processing. (I was looking at your fix in the ListItemMonitor code ;-).

Hmm, strange.. it is exactly that what I fixed today. Did you also update skinhelper to the latest version and restart Kodi ?
I guess so because you're looking at the fix I made but just to be safe ;-)

I am pretty sure I did all the updates and a restart -- I am versed in the drill now ;-). I was looking at the new code -- does it run on all tile changes or just the main tile changes? I wan't sure -- and I am just starting to grok this code (new to python, but learning it fast).
(2016-02-29, 00:34)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]I am pretty sure I did all the updates and a restart -- I am versed in the drill now ;-). I was looking at the new code -- does it run on all tile changes or just the main tile changes? I wan't sure -- and I am just starting to grok this code (new to python, but learning it fast).

Reproduced the issue now... Now looking for the fix. Does the issue dissapear when you disable extrafanart ?
The issue is originated by the fact that I added support for extrafanart for homescreen widgets...
(2016-02-29, 00:38)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-29, 00:34)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]I am pretty sure I did all the updates and a restart -- I am versed in the drill now ;-). I was looking at the new code -- does it run on all tile changes or just the main tile changes? I wan't sure -- and I am just starting to grok this code (new to python, but learning it fast).

Reproduced the issue now... Now looking for the fix. Does the issue dissapear when you disable extrafanart ?
The issue is originated by the fact that I added support for extrafanart for homescreen widgets...

Yes, it also seems to be related to the extra fanart setting. Let that be a lesson to you! Don't add more features and you won't have any more bugs... no fewer but no more ;-!
(2016-02-29, 00:41)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-29, 00:38)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes, it also seems to be related to the extra fanart setting. Let that be a lesson to you! Don't add more features and you won't have any more bugs... no fewer but no more ;-!

Ach! spoke too soon. It also happens with extra fanart off (after a restart). I'll look for other clues for the 10 minutes it will take for you to find... LOL
(2016-02-29, 00:45)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]Ach! spoke too soon. It also happens with extra fanart off (after a restart). I'll look for other clues for the 10 minutes it will take for you to find... LOL

It was actually a feature added to skinhelper (for another skin) but had impact on Titan I didn't foresee ;-)
Lucky me that I did not yet submit the skinhelper update to the Kodi repo.
Hello, i tried the search function, but couldnt find it, how do I enable the Autocompletion keyboard with this skin?? I already have the script installed, but wont show on the keyboard? Is the autocomplete keyboad not yet implemented with this skin yet?, if so how do I enable it??
(2016-02-29, 00:51)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]It was actually a feature added to skinhelper (for another skin) but had impact on Titan I didn't foresee ;-)
Lucky me that I did not yet submit the skinhelper update to the Kodi repo.

Just updated to the new (1.0.56) skin helper script. The background seem to be behaving as they should now. Thanks!
(2016-02-27, 03:50)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-26, 21:21)diedrichg Wrote: [ -> ]Isengard v3.5.80

Issue 1: With Modern Big Vertical home screen layout - I don't get sub-menus on the main navigation links. Example: as a sub-menu for "Shutdown" I have Quit, Reboot and Minimize. Both Simple Confluence-Style Vertical and Simple Confluence-style Vertical (tiles) has the sub-menus

1) Fixed in next beta.
So I just made the switch to Jarvis since you said you would be freezing development on Isengard once Jarvis went stable. With this fresh Kodi install (not a dirty install) and a fresh Stable and Beta Titan install (fresh settings too, no settings import) I have a few comment regarding my quote listed above.

1. What version of the beta Jarvis skin did you add this? I didn't see the fix in 3.6.38, just wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy.

As always, LOVE this skin, it's phenomenal! Thank you!
Hi there. Titan auto-updated itself to 3.6.37, but I noticed two issues.

First, when I click on a movie or episode, it's set to show information for that item, but since the update the footer bar is missing all the buttons on that screen, so there's no option to play the item, or view other info, change the art, etc. Then if I hit back, it returns to the previous list but automatically pops out the left-hand options menu without prompting. I tried switching back to Confluence, and the buttons appear in the footer/work properly in Confluence.

Edit: I poked around in skin settings, and I see that under Media Library Views>Video Information>Select which buttons to show in videoinfo, the list of buttons is empty.

Also, on the home screen, the power icon stays visible at the bottom of the screen all the time, including when I open a submenu from one of the tiles (I have it set with 2 rows of large tiles and horizontal submenus w/ small tiles). Unfortunately, this means that the power icon covers up the middle tile in the submenu.

Thanks for all the work on this skin!
(2016-02-26, 23:55)BobCratchett Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-26, 23:46)mattyspurs76 Wrote: [ -> ]Updated the latest beta this evening an d now I'm getting akin shortcuts errors in every menu I go into. I cannot change views either. Stuck on showcase for the majority of menus. It just freezes kodi when I try to change the view. Windows 10 pc, kodi 16

Debug log (wiki) please Smile

Must have been the version i installed but i noticed the skin had a few new Beta releases in the last 3 days and since ive installed the latest one I havnt had the Skin Shortcuts error show up again. I can no changes the views too, so now it all seems ok
(2016-02-28, 00:48)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]Something is strange with the operation of the backgrounds in the latest version (or few -- not sure when it started happening). In my case, I have random backgrounds (extra fan art) from (library) TV Series set for the background on the home screen when the TV Series item is selected. However, what plays is fan art from the last selected widget (e.g. next tv episode). Furthermore the cycle time is 6 seconds rather than 15 seconds (media library setting vs. home screen setting).

The same behaviour occurs with Movie backgrounds on the home screen. What is shown is the fan art from the last selected widget (e.g. recently added movies) on a 6 second cycle.

And, it does not happen if I set the skin to defaults. LOL, more regression testing ;-)

Phew! that was quick --> 'enable extra fan art' in the media library view seems to trigger the problem.

I have had this problem too. I noticed it a few times last week. I havnt really been on Kodi over the weekend much so i do not know if any of the latest beta releases have fixed this issue
Oh, one more issue i have found. I have libraries working using a few addons i shall not name Wink.
Got movie and tv shows all setup nice with tr*kt*. There are however a few items that are wrong. I have two new tv shows added to my library but they have the same name as older tv shows. The metadata show this new show s the old one. I past versions of kodi,or different skins i could bring up the menu and choose a selection that rescan the tvshow and gave me a choice of shows to pick from. I cannot for the life of me find this option in any menu.

Anyone have any ideas? Ive just got to work and im typing this up from memory.
After upgrading the Titan Skin on my Kodi 16.0 Jarvis (running on my Fire TV Stick), the Kodi-Settings are set back to default. The Settings completely seem to be written into a cachefile because everytime i poweroff the Stick and wait a short time before starting it again the Settings are set back to default again. This happend on both of my Fire TV Sticks after updating from 3.6.25 to 3.6.37. Now i cant make any changes to the Kodi-Settings without getting them set back to default after restarting. Has anybody fixed this issue yet?
I am having issues after latest update. Im using netflix style homemenu and no mater what I select for the widgets layout it only displays landscape widgets.