Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey is it a new repo for kodi and a new skin helper?
Auto update to 3.6.43 and Biglist 2 view has changed. Poster is now on far right and if info panel in centre the disc art hides alot of it.
Before you could have poster in centre and move info panel to far right, now info panel only moves from left hand side to the centre.
Is this now the standard for Biglist 2 ?
So, I noticed this ages ago already, but never really bothered to report Tongue

https://i.imgur.com/4PQbsaQ.gifv

This happens when I send Kodi from my main monitor (1920x1080) to my second monitor (1440x900) with the windows (Win + Shift + Right /Left) shortcut. When I send it back to the main monitor, the spinning disc is fine again, I suspect it doesn't redraw/recalculates the layer when I switch it over, everything else in the skin seems to be fine with it though.
(2016-03-11, 03:54)Tennyten Wrote: [ -> ]I believe extra fanart is not rotating within collection sets fyi.

I'm not seeing this problem generally, but what I am seeing is that once I move into a music library based widget, the background fanart freezes on the image for the widget selection. When you leave the widget an return to the home screen menu the background stays frozen even when you move to another tile -- unless that tile has a set of (non music library based) widgets in which case the fanart background starts cycling again. If further information or illustration is required, let me know and I can provide it.
It seems that lyrics can't be disabled. After picking cu.lrclyrics from the skin's setting, the pop up to choose a lyrics addon or none will no longer display, so the setting is now stuck with using lyrics.
You now have to disable this directly in cu.lrc's settings, it's annoying but at least now it's consistent across skins.
(2016-03-04, 02:29)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-03, 12:43)mo711 Wrote: [ -> ]There is a language bug in the skin. Language is set to German, but shows me "Finishes at"

It's not a bug... It means that that label is not yet translated.
Feel free to help translating the skin at Transifex:

https://www.transifex.com/teamxbmc/xbmc-skins/
I translated about 40 German language strings in Transifex now. But there are still more than 100 untranslated strings to do. Confused

Could you update for next release the German language file?

By the way: your Titan skin is amazing! Great work! Wink
Having an issue with the Favourites widget...I am running on a Fire TV and my Favourites are all selections from "Android apps" that I have installed on my Fire TV (WatchESPN, Netflix, etc) so that I can just open them from within Kodi. I have the Favourites widget set for the "Add ons browser" menu item. The favourites and icons show up but clicking on them does not open the corresponding app.

As an aside (and maybe a helpful point), one of my Favourites is to the Android app for my Fire TV Spotify app. I added this Spotify "shortcut" item as a Home Menu item. It works great. Clicking the item opens the app.
Kodi 16
Netflix home screen

Not sure if anyone else is having problems but since last update I have had numerous issues with kodi becoming unresponsive and crashing. The only way to get out of this is to press home button and force close kodi then restart. I have been running this setup without any issues for a while so assume it must have something to do with the update
For some reason when I browser my android apps within KODI it chases every single time with this skin.

Edit, Nevermind, it's any skin.
Hi marcel

this is my log, I hope it may be useful to understand why it takes ages to load music widgets and backgrounds (which worked fine since some time ago). I'm running Jarvis 16.1 RC1 on Windows10, latest beta of Titan

LOG download

Then I see around the skin that there are some strings missing translation (on transifex it's 100%)

Under SETTINGS

- Home LY > Widget auto rotate > most options and descriptions in the config popup window
- Home LY > Show labels on widgets > all options except for "Disable"
- Configure Shortcuts > "Restore menu items" and it's popup message
- Configure Shortcuts > Menu shortcuts editor > "Restore menu items"
- Configure Shortcuts > Menu shortcuts editor > Eg. Change Shortcut > "Choose item for menu" popup header
- Configure Shortcuts > Menu shortcuts editor > Widget section > Layouts options names
- Configure Shortcuts > Menu shortcuts editor > Widget section > widgets labels options names and description (same as above?)
- Background settings > "Conditional background override" title and below setting + setting popup texts
- Playback & OSD > most text of options (the ones showing at right as enabled option). This in general aren't translated overall into the skin
- Themes > "Manage Color Themes"

In general aren't translated all background/widgets names which aren't default ones (is this doable?) and the color names (maybe this is better they're a lot!)

Then a couple of small bugs:

- since last beta the "show info at right" option doesn't work properly for big list / big list 2
- In the "skin setting" quick window accessible from the library, the "supported addons" page is empty. Also with touch it's hard to scroll low flags.

Thanks as always for everything Smile
(2016-03-09, 05:51)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]1) context and info buttons work on only some widgets. Is it possible to make at least the 'c' and 'i' buttons work on any item in a widget when that item is part of the Kodi library (movie, tv, music, pvr)? Currently the 'i' button works on movies and tv but not pvr and music items. I don't think the 'c' button works on any widget.

Contextmenu is not supported from the home menu, it may be added in a future version of Kodi.
The widgets <info> actions currently are only working for library widgets. Notice that the infoscreen you get is not the real infoscreen from when you press info within the library. I tricked it to make it work because the infoscreen is also not natively supported by Kodi on the homescreen. My workaround works pretty well for video content in the library but I still need to develop the same workaround for other content which requires a fair amount of work. It's on my TODO list, once I start working on it, I'll let you know.

(2016-03-09, 05:51)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]2) the behaviour of backgrounds when rapidly scrolling through items in the music library (particularly noticeable when scrolling through artists) is still showing the 'backlog' effect in the latest version (3.6.42/1.0.60).
Is extrafanart enabled ? If so, does it also happen with extrafanart disabled ? Extrafanart always takes some time to load as it is retrieved directly from disk, that may explain the latency. I can't reproduce it on my system atm.

(2016-03-09, 05:51)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]3) The video title still does not appear for online Movies even when video codec info is set to 'disabled'. So, this is more than an 'overlap' issue.
Will be fixed in next version. If there are no flags available, or the flags are disabled or the flags-style is set to classic the title will be displayed.

(2016-03-09, 05:51)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]4) The recently played album widgets are still not updating in a timely fashion. Most times, I only see them update on a restart of Kodi. I am gathering from some of the more recent posts you have made that you are working on a more consistent scheme for driving updates of the widgets -- perhaps this will help.
I've reworked the entire skinhelper code this weekend which is responsible for providing the widgets. Not only the widgets load way faster now, they're also more accurate in updating. I will provide a new beta version of the skin + skinhelper addon today or tomorrow.

(2016-03-09, 05:51)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]Finally, but more in the line of a feature request, if you could be selective about what media/codec info was displayed, the overlap could be managed and both features used. Even more: it's starting to get a bit complicated with all the possible items that can be displayed on the screen in headers and footers, but would it be possible to set a set of three positions for each of the header and footer and for each position have a 'radio selection' of one of each possible item (weather, clock, logo, media/codec, studio/rating, page title, media/video/music title, etc). That way a user can make a selection of all items in any position -- ultimate flexibility even if duplication of items is desired. And to make things more complicated a similar selection mechanism for complex items (e.g. which media/codec info is desired). I am sure this may require considerable refactoring of the UI and perhaps even the xml based skin variables 'behind' the UI, so please consider it a 'dream' at this point.
Yeah, I've been thinking about this too but I need to find a way to not overcomplicate tsuff. I took a first shot at this with the header, let's see how that goes and maybe I can use the same approach for the footer too.

(2016-03-09, 05:51)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks very much for the fabulous skin and your incredible responsiveness to the many posts in this forum.

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback, that's what helps to improve the skin.
(2016-03-09, 19:05)Kalais Wrote: [ -> ]3.6.42
Netflix 2 theme

Load Kodi. Before the widgets populate, go into Power menu and go to Settings. I then proceeded into the Add-ons menu. I backed all the way to the home screen and there was nothing. Widgets don't reload and the side menu is completely gone.

That is going to be a tricky one to fix. What I can do for now is fix the navigation issue (so you can reach the menu).
To refresh the homescreen, add a custom command to your home menu to reload the skin:

Configure menu shortcuts --> Press Add --> Press cancel --> On the <none> Item that was created, set a label to your preference.
Now go to Change action, custom action. And type ReloadSkin as the action.

I'll let you know if I have a more permanent fix
(2016-03-09, 20:39)boro boy Wrote: [ -> ]Right found my probllem I did have must up-to-date version of Skin Helper but for some reason in my addons folder I had 2 files for skin helper one named script.skin.helper.service and one named script.skin.helper.service.master. So I deleated bot and let the skin install the Skin Helper again and now it seems all is fine, though not sure how I got 2 Skin Helper files!!! Cheers for your help, was appricated.

In that case you have once installed the addon directly from the github zip file. Never do that ;-)
If you want to install an addon directly from Git you must Always manually unpack the files to the correct directory otherwise you'll end up with 2 version of the addon (one with -master and one without)...
(2016-03-09, 21:01)bleakassassin Wrote: [ -> ]Could it also be possible to not have it show the Year?

I share the same feelings as this user. It feels really weird to have a year follow the names of albums and songs, especially if the year follows a title that ends in (or is) a year. Example: If I want to listen to The Smashing Pumpkins' "1979" from the music widget, the tag will display "1979 1995". In general, the thumb of the file and a title should be enough to identify just about everything properly. Note that this applies to tags in general, not just in the widget.

Oh yeah, right. I keep forgetting to adjust that.
Just fixed it, it will now only display the title/label and no year.
Available in next beta.