Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-03-12, 00:26)PixelJunkie77 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any chance you can add a Kodi Jarvis background to the default background images

If you (or someone else) provide me with the background image I will include it, no problem.
(2016-03-12, 02:11)mrojc Wrote: [ -> ]hey is it a new repo for kodi and a new skin helper?

The stable version of the skin (and skin helper service) is present on the Kodi repo.
The beta versions can be found on the Emby beta repo. Link is in the 2nd post of this forumthread.
(2016-03-12, 03:47)benrita Wrote: [ -> ]Auto update to 3.6.43 and Biglist 2 view has changed. Poster is now on far right and if info panel in centre the disc art hides alot of it.
Before you could have poster in centre and move info panel to far right, now info panel only moves from left hand side to the centre.
Is this now the standard for Biglist 2 ?

No it's not the new default. It was a request from somone, I included it just to see how it would look.
Will be removed again in next beta or made an option.
It would be very nice to get the separators in the slim list view invisible ... Wink
(2016-03-12, 18:55)mihawk90 Wrote: [ -> ]This happens when I send Kodi from my main monitor (1920x1080) to my second monitor (1440x900) with the windows (Win + Shift + Right /Left) shortcut. When I send it back to the main monitor, the spinning disc is fine again, I suspect it doesn't redraw/recalculates the layer when I switch it over, everything else in the skin seems to be fine with it though.

That's because your first monitor has an aspect ration of 16:9 and your second monitor has 16:10, so basically you're trying to show content rendered at 16:9 on 16:10. Result: all content will be stretched which will not look good.

The skin fortunately supports both 16:9 and 16:10 resolutions but this is only detected by kodi at skin launch.
So you should start Kodi on the correct monitor.

if you really want to be able to switch between the monitors while Kodi is running there is a workaround: you can issue the SkinReload command. For example you can create a custom keymapping or a custom shortcut for that.
(2016-03-12, 21:16)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not seeing this problem generally, but what I am seeing is that once I move into a music library based widget, the background fanart freezes on the image for the widget selection. When you leave the widget an return to the home screen menu the background stays frozen even when you move to another tile -- unless that tile has a set of (non music library based) widgets in which case the fanart background starts cycling again. If further information or illustration is required, let me know and I can provide it.
Should be fixed in next beta.
(2016-03-13, 02:09)mihawk90 Wrote: [ -> ]You now have to disable this directly in cu.lrc's settings, it's annoying but at least now it's consistent across skins.

Yeah, there is no way to turn off the lyrics from within the skin. My old workaround caused to force close it was causing all kinds of issues so I removed it so now it's back to defaults again... disable it by remving the addon or in the lyrics addon settings itself.
(2016-03-13, 12:59)mo711 Wrote: [ -> ]I translated about 40 German language strings in Transifex now. But there are still more than 100 untranslated strings to do. Confused

Could you update for next release the German language file?

By the way: your Titan skin is amazing! Great work! Wink

Thanks for the feedback and translation work!

Yeah, the skin has about 700 different strings, the result of a lot of free time and many customization options :-)

The translations are now (since a few weeks) automatically inserted into the skin so they will be updated with every skin update.
(2016-03-13, 16:20)VMCosco Wrote: [ -> ]Having an issue with the Favourites widget...I am running on a Fire TV and my Favourites are all selections from "Android apps" that I have installed on my Fire TV (WatchESPN, Netflix, etc) so that I can just open them from within Kodi. I have the Favourites widget set for the "Add ons browser" menu item. The favourites and icons show up but clicking on them does not open the corresponding app.

As an aside (and maybe a helpful point), one of my Favourites is to the Android app for my Fire TV Spotify app. I added this Spotify "shortcut" item as a Home Menu item. It works great. Clicking the item opens the app.

I don't have a android box at hand atm so I can't test this properly to make it work. Would it be possible for you to send me your kodi favourites.xml file ?
(2016-03-13, 17:49)ahorne82 Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi 16
Netflix home screen

Not sure if anyone else is having problems but since last update I have had numerous issues with kodi becoming unresponsive and crashing. The only way to get out of this is to press home button and force close kodi then restart. I have been running this setup without any issues for a while so assume it must have something to do with the update

I didn't see any reports about this so let's do some investigation Smile

A couple of questions:

1. How often does it happen ? Every X Kodi boots I mean.
2. Does it happen only if you're in a particular section ?
3. Are you using PVR with kodi ? If so, does the problem still exist with PVR disabled ?
4. What OS/system are you using ? e.g. windows,mac etc.
5. If it happens on the homescreen only, did you also test with another homescreen layout ?

Sorry for all the questions but I need some info to work with as I can't reproduce the issue on my setup
(2016-03-13, 22:33)Simograndi Wrote: [ -> ]this is my log, I hope it may be useful to understand why it takes ages to load music widgets and backgrounds (which worked fine since some time ago). I'm running Jarvis 16.1 RC1 on Windows10, latest beta of Titan
I've been working on code optimizations last couple of days and it's all solved now. Thanks for the log.
Fix will be in next beta. Will also bring a speed boost for widgets in general.

(2016-03-13, 22:33)Simograndi Wrote: [ -> ]- Home LY > Widget auto rotate > most options and descriptions in the config popup window
- Home LY > Show labels on widgets > all options except for "Disable"
- Configure Shortcuts > "Restore menu items" and it's popup message
- Configure Shortcuts > Menu shortcuts editor > "Restore menu items"
- Configure Shortcuts > Menu shortcuts editor > Eg. Change Shortcut > "Choose item for menu" popup header
- Configure Shortcuts > Menu shortcuts editor > Widget section > Layouts options names
- Configure Shortcuts > Menu shortcuts editor > Widget section > widgets labels options names and description (same as above?)
- Background settings > "Conditional background override" title and below setting + setting popup texts
- Playback & OSD > most text of options (the ones showing at right as enabled option). This in general aren't translated overall into the skin
- Themes > "Manage Color Themes"

In general aren't translated all background/widgets names which aren't default ones (is this doable?) and the color names (maybe this is better they're a lot!)
Oh right, I still need to append those to the language file. Will do so right away so they'll appear in transifex within a couple of days.

(2016-03-13, 22:33)Simograndi Wrote: [ -> ]- since last beta the "show info at right" option doesn't work properly for big list / big list 2
- In the "skin setting" quick window accessible from the library, the "supported addons" page is empty. Also with touch it's hard to scroll low flags.
Will be fixed in next beta

Thanks for the feedback!
(2016-03-14, 02:57)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]Update: With the extra fanart turned off the backgrounds in the music library are much more well behaved (In about 50 tries, I only got a background 'delayed' sequence playing twice and only when I really moved through about 30 artists very quickly). However the logos still show the same behaviour as the extra fanart. Moreover, if I run through a list of artists quickly and then return to the home screen (with the music tile selected) I see the background 'delayed' sequence play there! This really feels like a processing queue is being established for the background handling worker thread (skin helper?). The work queue should only have a single artist in it any any time -- if the artist selection changes while the worker queue is finding and (eventually) displaying (extra) fanart the work queue should be reset and the newly selected artist provided to the worker thread. Forgive me for speculating as to how the background processing is handled, of course, but this might explain what I am seeing.

Well the processing queue was built exactly as you described, however there was a typo in there :-)
Will be fixed in next beta
(2016-03-14, 13:07)diedrichg Wrote: [ -> ]I remember you saying it was fixed but in this particular view (Big Panel Wall) I do not get a focus. I can't use my controller's D pad nor can I use a phone app such as Kore.

Hmmm, in that case try with next beta as my testmachine doesn't have the issue atm.
(2016-03-14, 16:37)Seanh87 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi sorry if this isn't in the right place, after a few times in and out of kodi the skin seems to crash and cancel all my sub menus, thumbnails etc

Hmm, that can't be right. Can you tell me in detail what happens ?
Is Kodi complteley crashing or do all shortcuts just dissapear ?
Do the shortcuts come back when you restart Kodi ?
Hi,

I've got a really strange problem using Titan on my Kodi setup (Asus EeeBox/ION). Up until now, I've been using the Bello Fredo skin with no issues. When I went to Jarvis, that skin continued to work OK, but it's now been pulled and isn't being actively worked on, so I started looking at alternatives. I've tried every skin I can find, but the only two which I like sufficiently to switch are Titan (which I REALLY like!) and Arctic Zephyr:From Ashes (close second).

With both of these skins, Kodi frequently but randomly locks up completely - there's no consistency in the time frame, but I can usually experience the problem within about 10 minutes of starting up, sometimes much sooner. I have no issues with any other skin I've tried, including Confluence and the aforementioned Bello Fredo. This lock up seems to occur in one of three places, but not in any way consistently (i.e. I can browse through dozens of TV series with no problem, then suddenly the lock up occurs going into one particular series - but next time I reproduce the problem, it will be a different series that triggers the issue - there's no consistency):

1. Entering into a TV Series - locks up with a frozen "loading" animation displayed.
2. Entering into a TV Season - locks up with a frozen "loading" animation displayed.
3. Exiting out of Settings back to the Home screen - locks up with the settings panel partway through its animation. This can happen even when I start with a fresh profile with no media library whatsoever.

When in this state, no remote/keyboard keypresses do anything. External remote applications that use the Kodi web interface (e.g. Yatse) fail to connect. I can SSH onto the box and other processes are unaffected. "top" shows CPU utilisation is low.

Kodi log file, with debugging turned on and also debug functions enabled in the skin.helper script, shows absolutely nothing obvious. The last logged entries look normal (for example, if I had clicked on a TV Series, the last log entries would show successful SQL queries etc.). Some Kodi threads must still be running as I continue to see log entries for UPnP and a few other things.

First off, I tried a completely fresh Kodi profile, with no library and no other add-ons, and still experienced the issue exiting out of Settings.

I then booted an OpenElec Jarvis beta build off a USB stick, fresh profile, installed only the Titan skin, and again experienced the lock up exiting out of Settings. I normally use a MySQL database but in this case, I hadn't even got as far as configuring that - just had a blank local library.

I can leave it in this state for tens of minutes - it never seems to recover until I kill the Kodi process and relaunch or reboot.

But when I switch back to Confluence or Bello Fredo, I have absolutely no issues whatsoever.

I've tried the latest betas from the Emby repo with the same results.

Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot this further?