Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-12-06, 19:53)Spellman Wrote: [ -> ]3. I've tried that option and did some digging. It works unless you have TV channel icons loaded in kodi. When you have channel icons it doesn't display the channel number with that option, it seems to be replacing it with the icon.

Fixed in next beta
(2015-12-08, 01:13)arithine Wrote: [ -> ]With this new update it wont let me use my youtube subscriptions as a widget anymore,

Just fixed this. I will provide a new beta of the skin later today
(2015-12-08, 02:10)pünktchen Wrote: [ -> ]I get a skin helper error when i try to change the home screen layout under german UI:
Probably there are more problems with german umlauts (ä,ö,ü) but i haven't tested all settings.

Will be fixed in next update, thanks for reporting.
(2015-12-08, 20:24)gkf9 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a bug with the You Tube app?, I've signed into my YT account but keep getting no You Tube channels found ( or something along them lines ). And nothing works?

Yes, bug in the beta skin. Just fixed it. New beta will be available later today.
(2015-12-06, 02:17)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]2) Well, this is actually a Kodi bug I'm afraid. Looks like the genre info isn't pulled for recordings while it is for Tv channels and timers. I have just created a small workaround for this to use the genre that was stored by the skinhelper addon (for the pvr artwork). Note that this only works for the genre label, the others aren't stored in the skinhelper.

Well it turns out that the mediaportal pvr requires a file called genre_translation.xml to add the genre. It is supposed to map the genre in the database to Kodi's predefined genre. Over the years this has changed. You get no genre anywhere unless this file is there. Really all you need is a dummy entry and the genre for your guide and timer page show up exactly as they appear in the database. However, the recording genre still need to be mapped. They do not let the genre string pass thru for some reason' So you put an entry in here to match sitcom to comedy as Kodi has no sitcom genre built and it comes thru on the recording. The only problem is this also changes the genre in the other places. I prefer the genre of the original guide I use, so I just left the dummy entry. The timer and more importantly the guide are correct. The recordings just show "other/unknown" . It will have to stay that way until they fix the addon. You cannot use the colored genre setting in the guide either with the dummy entry. I prefer it without the colors anyway.
(2015-12-08, 23:42)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-08, 01:13)arithine Wrote: [ -> ]With this new update it wont let me use my youtube subscriptions as a widget anymore,

Just fixed this. I will provide a new beta of the skin later today

Thank you so much. You are amazing.

The new Nextup and widget changes are great as well, just what I was looking for.
(2015-12-08, 22:16)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-06, 04:08)diedrichg Wrote: [ -> ]1. Okay, that worked. I see the titan.png but it's not scaled to fit the tile. I created the image to the exact dimensions of the other home tiles, why does it not fit the tile?

2. For the default theme I've come to dislike the square navigation icons such as Home, Return, etc (Charcoal theme uses them too). I don't like how they are antialiased around the edges, it makes them look fuzzy. I'd be glad to clean them up and flatten them with a border to match the other themes. I'd be happy to provide different colors that users could enable too. I'd need the original files though.

1) What home layout are you using ?

2) You mean the touchscreen icons in the footer ?

1. Titan tiles.

2. Yes, the touchscreen icons in the footer for Default Titan Dark. Default Titan White uses what appear to be different icons and they look great! They are crisp, clear and have a nice styling with the light grey outline. If those were on the dark theme, but darker, it would look much better.
Is it normal behaviour that when I click on a tile , say "movie tile"that as been set up with a shortcut to my movies, it doesn't go straight to my movies but drops me into the submenu menu to a Library tab, then I have to click the libray tab to get to my movies?

So it takes two clicks to get to my movies? If there's nothing in the submenus then the tile will go straight to my movies.

On other skins the main tile takes you straight to the short cut, then you click down to enter the submenus if desired.

Am I missing something?
(2015-12-09, 08:15)gkf9 Wrote: [ -> ]Is it normal behaviour that when I click on a tile , say "movie tile"that as been set up with a shortcut to my movies, it doesn't go straight to my movies but drops me into the submenu menu to a Library tab, then I have to click the libray tab to get to my movies?
So it takes two clicks to get to my movies? If there's nothing in the submenus then the tile will go straight to my movies.
On other skins the main tile takes you straight to the short cut, then you click down to enter the submenus if desired.
Am I missing something?

Skin Settings --> Homescreen layout --> Open/Focus submenu at click on mainmenu item --> disable
Brilliant, thanks Marcel, that was the only niggle I was having with this skin, don't think I'd of found that setting tho, absolutely loving this skin.

Thanks again.
Marcel, nice job on the status bar icons, they look great!

Question. Did you mean to move the widget images down or was that in error? It looks fine, just having that blank space above them looks strange.
I get this in Jarvis showcase view for TV series.

And once I have changed the selection.

I downloaded the latest beta ( I think ) from the Emby repo, but now I have a Skin for Titan, and skin for Titan beta.

I thought the beta would just install over the top of the previous Titan skin?
(2015-12-11, 09:12)gkf9 Wrote: [ -> ]I downloaded the latest beta ( I think ) from the Emby repo, but now I have a Skin for Titan, and skin for Titan beta.

I thought the beta would just install over the top of the previous Titan skin?

(2015-11-13, 00:23)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]The beta version has a different ID. This means that you can have both the stable version and the beta version installed at the same time on your system. This will allow you to checkout a new feature in the beta and then switch back to the stable version.
Ok thanks for the reply, that's a great idea.