Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Receiving "Kodi has stopped working" message
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I am receiving a error message everytime I try to play any video. It could be a youtube video, a local file video, or any other type of video and I recive this message. I have tried reinstalling the program multiple times on the same drive and on a different drive, but the problem is the same. I am using the most up to date stable version of kodi, running windows 10, and using a Nvidia GTX 680 as my graphics card with the most recent drivers. If anyone has any input to fixing this problem please let me know. Thanks
I don't think anybody will be able to help you without a debug log.
yes, please provide a Debug Log
Could you please remove your results here and use pastebin? Not many people like scrolling through pages of logs on a forum.
thanks for the debug log. I suppose Kodi crashes on you as the log is truncated? What happens if you disable DXVA2 acceleration in video settings? Do videos play then?
I have disabled and enabled it, either way the videos does not play. As soon as I try to play a video it stops working .
ok, next thing to check would be if changing of the "render method" to "software" fixes anything. If not on it's own, also disable DXVA2 again in combination to test pure software decoding
Unfortunately that does not work for me either.