Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Skip steps- can't get it to work right...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just upgraded from Helix.

I'm using my TV remote, not a keyboard.

In Helix the old +-30 seconds for the right and left arrow keys, and the +-10 minutes for the up/down arrow keys was perfect. I am not able to duplicate this on Kodi 15- and not for lack of trying.

I've read the wiki page, and the threads, it's not working for me.

I am able to set the 30 seconds for the right/left arrow keys, but it's the 10 minute up/down increments I can't get back. If I use up/down arrows it's all over the place- sometimes a minute, or three, or whatever. It's inconsistent. Delay is set to 0.

I just want it back the way it was in Helix.

I have arthritis in my hands, it is painful, and I am trying to minimize button presses. I don't want to have to press an arrow key multiple times to do the same thing a single press used to accomplish.

I'm using the Confluence skin on a Raspberry Pi 2b.

Can anyone help?
(2015-11-15, 20:39)mrsfixit Wrote: [ -> ]I am able to set the 30 seconds for the right/left arrow keys, but it's the 10 minute up/down increments I can't get back. If I use up/down arrows it's all over the place- sometimes a minute, or three, or whatever. It's inconsistent. Delay is set to 0.

Up/Down by default will be next/previous chapter if the file has chapters (e.g. mkv or iso files) and +/- 10 minutes otherwise.
Check this thread for explanation and towards the end how to change the key mapping to do what you want.
(2015-11-15, 21:18)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-15, 20:39)mrsfixit Wrote: [ -> ]I am able to set the 30 seconds for the right/left arrow keys, but it's the 10 minute up/down increments I can't get back. If I use up/down arrows it's all over the place- sometimes a minute, or three, or whatever. It's inconsistent. Delay is set to 0.

Up/Down by default will be next/previous chapter if the file has chapters (e.g. mkv or iso files) and +/- 10 minutes otherwise.
Check this thread for explanation and towards the end how to change the key mapping to do what you want.

Thank you popcornmix! :-)

I copied the code in post #27, saved it to a remote.xml file, and put it in the userdata/keymaps folder and rebooted.

This seems to have done the trick. Happy camper now, thanks to you... lol

I would humbly suggest to the developers that this "feature" should be able to be disabled unless one desires it. Just saying...

I found the whole timeseeking menu to be confusing and unintuitive. Disabling everything you don't want runs counter to all the other options in Kodi where you click to enable them, and have the blue button highlighted to show that it is enabled.

As a relatively new user I really struggled with this.

I am grateful to ALL the dev's who donate their precious time and effort to Kodi, and it's addons, and to helping the rest of us not so knowledgeable users out.

Popcornmix, you made my day. Thanks again. :-) :-) :-)
up/down has been like that (chapter or big jump) since a very long time - so that didn't change with skip steps.
(2015-11-17, 10:20)da-anda Wrote: [ -> ]up/down has been like that (chapter or big jump) since a very long time - so that didn't change with skip steps.

In Helix the up/down arrow was *always* +-10 minutes for my Raspberry Pi. It only changed when I upgraded to Isengard.

But it's working now, so it's all good. :-)