Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Guisettings File backup and Restore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello I am looking for a better tool then " COMUNITY PORTAL " aka " Total Installer "

I am using a few times in a day the " Maintance " section out of this tool.
But it seems that this shitty Addon connect everytime you start it with the noobs and nerds page,.
When this page is down the it does not start. I must disconnect to WIFI Connection then. And the Page from that noob and nerds guys is anyway mega slow then it need sometimes 3 mins or 5 mins until I get it startet.
I am using this maintance section alot of times in the day because I am changing the guisettings files.

Is it possible for someone to get out the Maintance Stuff section out of this tool as it is. And make a single Addon out of this ? just only with the Maintance Stuff section !
Without connecting to any page ! So no delays anymore when I start it. or when Page is down then it doesnt start..
The Total Installer was a fine addon, but since they noobs and nerds guys took it, its SHIT !!!

I would donate for the person who makes this for me 50 euro via PAYPAL.
It's one of the Banned_add-ons (wiki) here, broadly speaking for that reason (amongst others).

Have a look at the Backup add-on in the official Kodi repo. It may fit the bill of what you want, or just manually backup the guisettings.xml file if that's all you want.
I am using also that BACKUP addon you are talking about.
When I make a new backup and I install it on a new Fire TV then it doesnt copy the GUIsetting files.
And sometimes after I installed the backup I want to change it to other GUISETTINGS file.

Why is that addon Banned ? I dont want to use that addon at all. I just want to use the BACKUP and RESTORE Function for the GUI Setting files.
There must be some help or support from you guys ?

I cant find any other or better one then the Cummunity Portal addon. and this one sucks really !!
I think the backup add-on does include the GUI settings, but if not you can add additional folders via its settings page. Just point it at the userdata folder (which is where the guisettings xml file is found) and it will back it up for you.

Bannings are usually related to supply, facilitisation and/or support for piracy and similar illegal practices which the foundations rightly do not condone or support. In the case of repo's it may be that they contain both such add-ons and legitimate ones, but anything which has such direct piracy applications is banned.
(2015-11-18, 11:59)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]I think the backup add-on does include the GUI settings, but if not you can add additional folders via its settings page. Just point it at the userdata folder (which is where the guisettings xml file is found) and it will back it up for you.

Bannings are usually related to supply, facilitisation and/or support for piracy and similar illegal practices which the foundations rightly do not condone or support. In the case of repo's it may be that they contain both such add-ons and legitimate ones, but anything which has such direct piracy applications is banned.

Thanx for your gretfull tips.
but this doesnt work with Amazon fire TV Box and Stick
because the KODI / USER folder is protected and cant be copied or renamed.
I did try this : "but if not you can add additional folders via its settings page. Just point it at the userdata folder (which is where the guisettings xml file is found) and it will back it up for you "
When I do this then he copy only a empty KODI folder.
He does not Backup whats inside the folder.
Also its not possible to copy it over File Manager !!
It works only with the shitty COMMUNITY PORTAL addon with the Maintance Tool with the Backup and Restore the GUISETTINGS File.

Why did not any other group or coder released a better solution then this Noobs and nerd shit !
(2015-11-21, 16:22)delaware Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-18, 11:59)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]I think the backup add-on does include the GUI settings, but if not you can add additional folders via its settings page. Just point it at the userdata folder (which is where the guisettings xml file is found) and it will back it up for you.

You need to go into appearance and than file lists check the highlighted to get access to rename and delete..The backup addon allow me to backup what ever I want, just use custom for others thing you want included.

Using the Backup addon, to get the guisettings to stick you have to pull the plug on your device or do a force close of the application
(2015-11-24, 17:43)Repoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-21, 16:22)delaware Wrote: [ -> ]

You need to go into appearance and than file lists check the highlighted to get access to rename and delete..The backup addon allow me to backup what ever I want, just use custom for others thing you want included.

I have the file re-naming and deletion checked but it wont let me backup JUST my favourites.xml file it seems it will only let you do folders