Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV shows cannot be seen or played via Blu-ray player DLNA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
NextPVR 3.5.7
Kodi 15.2
Windows 7 Starter
Dell Inspiron Mini 10
Sony 3D Blu-ray player

Objective: Play recorded TV files via DLNA Blu-ray player connected to TV

Approach: Kodi Isengard front end (set recording slots), NextPVR backend sets up folders for each separate program under Public Videos, On my laptop, I am able to watch the TV programs from both Kodi and NextPVR user interfaces.

Problem: Blu-ray player does not show the TV program files. The DLNA server connects, and the first folder view is;
  • Music Library
  • Video Library

Upon selection of Video Library, the next folder view is;
  • Files
  • Playlists

Upon selection of either, the Blu-ray player returns the error "No playable files"

Here is the pastebin of the log file from around the time I attempted to access the TV programs. http://pastebin.com/1AXaMYd5

I have been able to play the mpeg2 files on the Blu-ray player via other DLNA servers, so I know that it can play that type of file via DLNA.

How can I view and play the recorded TV programs via the Kodi DLNA server?
Is everything recorded through Kodi (via NextPVR) and able to be played back via the Kodi interface formally included into the library, or is there another step?
I am trying to play streamed t.v. shows/movies from Kodi through my Sony bluray player and get the same display as mentioned above... Is there a way for me to get my channel add ons or t.v. show addons into either the Files or Playlists subfolder?

Problem: Blu-ray player does not show the TV program files. the first folder view is;
Music Library
Video Library

Upon selection of Video Library, the next folder view is;
Files
Playlists

Upon selection of either, the Blu-ray player returns the error "No playable files"
I never solved this, and have switched to adding an RPi2 (OSMC) with Kodi at the (Vizio) TV via HDMI. So I now have the full Kodi interface on the TV and almost every feature is controlled via the TV remote.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Raspberry_Pi