Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Any way to change audio sync without using the slider?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have really fat fingers, using the slider on my tablet doesn't work for me (its too sensitive, when i remove my finger the numbers change). I know I can use my remote (android app) to increase/decrease 25 ms intervals which just isn't precise enough for me.

Is there any way to ENTER the VALUES manually without having to go to

Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml

(its a pain having to minimize kodi every time and to go into guisettings.xml)

is there a video add-on (similar to Easy Advanced Settings) that allows me to change guisetttings.xml specific values within KODI?

I want to be able to punch in the numbers.
I'd try rolling my fingers, then lifting, that usually helps me set things with greater precision on devices.

Once you have the sync set you can scroll down on that menu and tell KODI to use those settings for all files from the same menu -the little speaker icon displayed when you have the onscreen display overlaid on a video by pressing OK.

Perhaps someone else can help you with precisely what you were asking.
Rolling my fingers doesn't work for me.

Anyways, I discovered one way to do this with the help of EASY ADVANCE SETTINGS Add-on that i'll share in case someone is in my situation:

Install Easy Advance Settings

If you want to DELAY your audio

Navigate to: Easy Advance settings - edit settings- audio/video playback settings - video - latency - delay-av

Enter the latency numeric value in ms, hit done, and then make sure to go back and hit "write XML FILE" which will save your settings. Restart Kodi and your settings will be applied.

Now if you want to move your audio AHEAD (which was my case) its a lot trickier because by default the add-on is set to DELAY so you have add a negative "-" to make the the audio move ahead (unfortunately it does not allow you to insert a "-") so you have to

Navigate to Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/plugin.program.advancedsettings/ and locate default.py script.

Find the line that says:

def keypad_root(name,csetting):
data = xbmcgui.Dialog().numeric(0,'Enter latency value')
data=int(data)
if data>0:
data = "\n <delay>%s</delay>" % data
return str(data)

and change <delay>%s</delay>" % data to <delay>-%s</delay>" % data
save the changes

notice how I added a "-" negative, therefore whatever value you enter in

Easy Advance settings - edit settings- audio/video playback settings - video - latency - delay-av

will appear as a negative which will move the AUDIO AHEAD

"write XML FILE" and restart kodi and it will take effect.

I prefer this method over fiddling with the slider. That way I can just enter my numbers restart and i'm good. I have different latencies according to what TV in my house i'm screen mirroring to.