Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Buffer Progress bar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I would like to request this feature. I saw someone mention this about 1.5 years ago for MQ5 but there was never an answer, so I thought I'd ask again.

Not really trying to compare Aeon MQ to the default Kodi skin, when pausing a streaming video, there is light "buffer bar" that appears that show you how much of the stream is buffered. Can this be done in MQ? If a show has slow buffering, I tend to pause it and let it sit until the whole show has been buffered before resuming playback. Kind of hard to do when I can't see how much has been buffered.

Thanks
I am also interested in this.

It would be amazing to have this on Aeon MQ6 (Isengard).
I saw this in the changelog for version 3.2.2: Added: Seeking information During playback. ---Added: seek time information (steps) during playback.

I wonder if this is the same as the buffer progress bar. Anyone with 3.2.2 can verify this?
unknown_owner,

This is a different thing. At first I thought the same thing as you.
However, "seek time information" will show you how many steps in seconds or minutes you jumped forward or backward.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Skip_steps
Ok I don't know if aeon mq6 will have progress cache. If not it is not hard for me to do. I might of already done it in aeon mq6 mod.

It is as simple as copy and past.
Rjsachse, if you can do this or have already done this, just point me to in the right direction and I will try and learn from it.

Thanks in advance
ok since my media does not need buffering hard to test. i just grabbed it out of confluence skin

ok so VideoOSD.xml search for progress around line 170 and past this above it

PHP Code:
    <control type="progress">
    <
description>ProgressbarCache</description>
    <
left>30</left>
    <
top>73</top>
    <
width>1220</width>
    <
height>25</height>
    <
info>Player.ProgressCache</info>
    <
midtexture>progress_mid.png</midtexture>
    <
colordiffuse>white</colordiffuse>
    <
visible>true</visible>
    </
control

if you use a remote and not the osd then edit the DialogSeekBar.xml and search for progress again and past this above it again around line 103

PHP Code:
    <control type="progress">
    <
description>ProgressbarCache</description>
    <
left>20</left>
    <
top>664</top>
    <
width>250</width>
    <
height>10</height>
    <
info>Player.ProgressCache</info>
    <
midtexture>progress_mid.png</midtexture>
    <
colordiffuse>white</colordiffuse>
    <
visible>true</visible>
    </
control

now where it says colordiffuse you can change the colour with any other from this Kodi Default Colour Chart

Download DialogSeekBar.xml
Download VideoOSD.xml

Now you need to extract the texture.xbt and overwrite the image progress_back.png now compile the textures back up and should all work.

Another option if you don't want to extract the xbt is to give it another name and just put it in the media folder and change defaults.xml progress image to the new name.

Edit added new progress_back image with a 50% transparent to make it look like youtube buffer

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie,,, Oi, Oi, Oi
Rjsachse,

Thank you for your effort.
However, this didn't work for me. I see no visible indicator of buffer cache progress.

I used youtube to for testing.
Odd since it is from confluence skin. Unless the other progress bar is hiding it. Maybe move it down a bit.
Maybe missing file progress_mid.png ??
I tested and nothing happens. Confused
(2015-12-05, 22:34)wencaS Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe missing file progress_mid.png ??
I tested and nothing happens. Confused

I thought the same thing at first.
I checked textures.xbt and the file is there.
progress_mid.png is the vertical white line that indicates the progress of the video
If you move the progress cache control to under the progress control then the cache will be visible.

I think in defaults.xml under progess might have to remove the back image. I think that is making it not visible.
I can confirm the issue is texture bg. If removed all works. So the images need editing or use confluence images
(2015-12-06, 06:04)Rjsachse Wrote: [ -> ]I can confirm the issue is texture bg. If removed all works. So the images need editing or use confluence images
Are you talking about <texturebg>progress_back.png</texturebg> ?

So you are saying that if one was to remove progress_back.png from textures.xbt your code should work?
Yes it should work. Or just delete it in defaults.xml. might not look the same though. Better editing the progress_back.png and making it with a transparent middle so it has a border still.

Sorry can't help more. I'm not around a computer.
Pages: 1 2