Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 3.x for Jarvis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Hi

Just installed your skin and its amazing. One question is it possible to have the widgets auto scroll as a slideshow on the home screen?

Thanks
Geez, how long does it take for a submitted skin to make it onto the repo.
(2016-05-15, 11:52)lstar337 Wrote: [ -> ]OK, so I installed the latest Git from Friday and I can still only get to the downloads folder to select a background image from the customise home menu, but that must be something to do with the version of OE that I am currently running.

I logged on with my laptop and found the images I previously used in /Pictures/Backgrounds so i must have been able to access that directory in the past. Anyway, to fix this I just moved the images into the downloads folder for now.

selected the images for each menu item in customise home, from /Downloads/Backgrounds and hit OK, but no background images are showing. Rebooted and same result. Checked the option in skin settings for display fanart on the home screen and it is not selected, so now I am pretty confused as to why it isn't working.

Tried it on a PC at work on Friday, and it seemed to function correctly. :/

Can you try resetting the skin settings? See skin settings->other

Also, after setting up the backgrounds in the home customization dialog, check if a notification pops up after hitting Ok saying "building menu". If it doesn't, try to change anything in the home menu (for example move an item up and down again) and hit ok again so it triggers the menu building.
(2016-05-15, 16:19)knewknow Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure if this is related, but I installed Jarvis and the latest git refocus and a lot of the home screen images just display a black screen. I tried wiping my userdata folder and rebuilding the library from scratch, and still have the same problem. Any ideas?

Edit: when I choose to show text, the movie name shows up in bottom right, but have black screen for the duration of that image. Then it will either transition to another black image, or to a working one.

I'm not sure what could be causing that. Considering the fanart slideshow does show some backgrounds, the skin has done it's part. The actual retrieving of the images from the db is done by fanart grabber. You could check if you're on the latest version of that add-on and see if that makes any difference.
(2016-05-14, 22:52)Raitsa Wrote: [ -> ]Had to go back to Jarvis on all my 3 NUCs just because of the awesomeness of reFocus.
The other skins just cant give me the same userfriendliness and ease of use.

Thank you Jeroen Cool

Thanks, glad you're still enjoying it Smile
(2016-05-15, 18:14)ianwin Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

Just installed your skin and its amazing. One question is it possible to have the widgets auto scroll as a slideshow on the home screen?

Thanks

Should be easy to add now, though it will be off by default. I would imagine the widget should only autoscroll when not focused.
I am thinking of a scrolling speed once every 10 seconds or so? (I am not able to make this configurable as it is set when building the home menu)
(2016-05-16, 05:11)st0nedpenguin Wrote: [ -> ]Geez, how long does it take for a submitted skin to make it onto the repo.

Yeah, it's taking longer than usual. Haven't heard back and I don't see any other add-ons being accepted either. Probably ronie is on vacation or something.

note: sorry for the multiple posts, the multiquote function doesn't seem to be working
(2016-05-16, 09:00)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]Can you try resetting the skin settings? See skin settings->other
I'll give that a go later.

(2016-05-16, 09:00)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]Also, after setting up the backgrounds in the home customization dialog, check if a notification pops up after hitting Ok saying "building menu". If it doesn't, try to change anything in the home menu (for example move an item up and down again) and hit ok again so it triggers the menu building.
Yeah, it did say building menu. I always check for this when I change something, because I know it can be hit and miss whether it actually does it or not. Usually it always does it when I access customise home from the full settings are, if I do it from the button on the home menu it can be hit and miss.

Oh, and on this latest Git, I am now seeing the widget fanart flashes mentioned by Slurrp, which I didn't see before. Not sure why that is. :/
I'm almost glad to hear that, lstar337.

Jeroen, thanks for adding the now playing fanart so fast <3 I like the adding of the song name.
Is it hard to let it display the cover art fullscreen when there's no fanart on those two places? I hardly have any music fanart.
I sound like a spoiled kid... Sad

Also, nothing spectacular but when updating the skin, with the new 'system' the options for fanart slideshow dont stick (show logo etc)
(2016-05-16, 09:12)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-15, 18:14)ianwin Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

Thanks

Should be easy to add now, though it will be off by default. I would imagine the widget should only autoscroll when not focused.
I am thinking of a scrolling speed once every 10 seconds or so? (I am not able to make this configurable as it is set when building the home menu)

That sounds great, just what I've been looking for. Many thanks.
I really like this skin, it's clean with great colors, yet it has the right contrasts, and it's ideal for my TV setup thanks to the size of the buttons and fonts.

I have one question: is it possible to set a single background image for the entire home screen? I know the "Customize menu" setting has a background option for each menu item, but setting the same background for every menu gets a little tedious quickly.
(2016-05-16, 09:05)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-15, 16:19)knewknow Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure if this is related, but I installed Jarvis and the latest git refocus and a lot of the home screen images just display a black screen. I tried wiping my userdata folder and rebuilding the library from scratch, and still have the same problem. Any ideas?

Edit: when I choose to show text, the movie name shows up in bottom right, but have black screen for the duration of that image. Then it will either transition to another black image, or to a working one.

I'm not sure what could be causing that. Considering the fanart slideshow does show some backgrounds, the skin has done it's part. The actual retrieving of the images from the db is done by fanart grabber. You could check if you're on the latest version of that add-on and see if that makes any difference.

Could it be something with the fanart format? Maybe if the image is too large, the skin shows it as a black screen? I've been using refocus for many years now and have never had this issu before.

I'll check on fanart grabber.
gg on your stable release.

So happy to have refocus back Smile

Now I gotta convince you to add multiple color schemes ;P (Need more darkness in my life Big Grin)
Might give that a shot myself and send a PR if you'r fine with it
(2016-05-17, 11:51)Tadly Wrote: [ -> ]gg on your stable release.

So happy to have refocus back Smile

Now I gotta convince you to add multiple color schemes ;P (Need more darkness in my life Big Grin)
Might give that a shot myself and send a PR if you'r fine with it

There were custom color themes made. And if they're gone, i can re-upload some.
(2016-05-17, 13:15)Slurrrp Wrote: [ -> ]There were custom color themes made. And if they're gone, i can re-upload some.

Huh? Really?
I must have missed that completely Smile

All unofficial I assume?
Would be nice to have those integrated to Kodi (Settings -> Appearance -> Colors)

As I'm no Skinner, I've no idea how difficult that might be.
The color palette colors/colors.xml looks simple enough while extras/colors/colors.xml kinda doesn't anymore Big Grin

But if you feel like sharing, I most certainly don't mind Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29