Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 3.x for Jarvis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
It's not difficult. But these arent mine. And they have color files for the thumbnail thingies. Which you cant change by editing the xml.

Again not my work, so thanks to the creator.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=1838...2785354398
(2016-05-17, 16:55)Tadly Wrote: [ -> ]Huh? Really?
I must have missed that completely Smile
Check here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=214248 and here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid=...pid1741709

Just pop the files in and you can change the colour theme in the skin settings menu. Black and Orange looks very nice.
(2016-05-17, 00:17)knewknow Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-16, 09:05)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-15, 16:19)knewknow Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure if this is related, but I installed Jarvis and the latest git refocus and a lot of the home screen images just display a black screen. I tried wiping my userdata folder and rebuilding the library from scratch, and still have the same problem. Any ideas?

Edit: when I choose to show text, the movie name shows up in bottom right, but have black screen for the duration of that image. Then it will either transition to another black image, or to a working one.

I'm not sure what could be causing that. Considering the fanart slideshow does show some backgrounds, the skin has done it's part. The actual retrieving of the images from the db is done by fanart grabber. You could check if you're on the latest version of that add-on and see if that makes any difference.

Could it be something with the fanart format? Maybe if the image is too large, the skin shows it as a black screen? I've been using refocus for many years now and have never had this issu before.

I'll check on fanart grabber.

Can't say for sure but I doubt it to be honest. Maybe, if robweber is around he could shed some light on this.

(2016-05-17, 11:51)Tadly Wrote: [ -> ]gg on your stable release.

So happy to have refocus back Smile

Now I gotta convince you to add multiple color schemes ;P (Need more darkness in my life Big Grin)
Might give that a shot myself and send a PR if you're fine with it

I don't mind a PR for colour theme xml's. Altered / recolored textures are a different story.

If (and at this point it's still definitely an if) I have enough time after making reFocus Krypton compatible I may implement a way to create colour themes through a colour picker GUI built into the skin.
(2016-05-17, 18:27)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]If (and at this point it's still definitely an if) I have enough time after making reFocus Krypton compatible I may implement a way to create colour themes through a colour picker GUI built into the skin.

Oh..... that would surely be perfection for the upgradeaholics here and i bet that means most of us.
Jeroen, just installed today's Git and backgrounds have come up straight away, no need to change any settings. I also do not have any fanart flashes. Smile
(2016-05-17, 17:15)Slurrrp Wrote: [ -> ]It's not difficult. But these arent mine. And they have color files for the thumbnail thingies. Which you cant change by editing the xml.

Again not my work, so thanks to the creator.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=1838...2785354398
Thanks a lot for sharing Smile

(2016-05-17, 17:37)lstar337 Wrote: [ -> ]Check here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=214248 and here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid=...pid1741709

Just pop the files in and you can change the colour theme in the skin settings menu. Black and Orange looks very nice.
There's even a black theme?! Awesome and thanks! Smile

(2016-05-17, 18:27)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]If (and at this point it's still definitely an if) I have enough time after making reFocus Krypton compatible I may implement a way to create colour themes through a colour picker GUI built into the skin.
Hehe, that'd be really really awesome Smile
Don't get me wrong, It's not like I don't like the blue, but sometimes I just need a slight change in color (I'm staring at kodi almost the whole day after all Big Grin)
And giving a skin a "fresh" look is easiest achieved by switching to a different set of colors Smile <- IMHO
(2016-05-17, 20:25)lstar337 Wrote: [ -> ]Jeroen, just installed today's Git and backgrounds have come up straight away, no need to change any settings. I also do not have any fanart flashes. Smile

Cool, great to hear Smile

(2016-05-18, 09:27)Tadly Wrote: [ -> ]Hehe, that'd be really really awesome Smile
Don't get me wrong, It's not like I don't like the blue, but sometimes I just need a slight change in color (I'm staring at kodi almost the whole day after all Big Grin)
And giving a skin a "fresh" look is easiest achieved by switching to a different set of colors Smile <- IMHO

Hopefully this would provide enough fresh color choices Big Grin

I want to stress though this is far from finished and not to arrive any time soon (Krypton final at it's earliest). Apart from implementing this I will have to restructure the default colors too to make this work in a structured way. It's just a welcome distraction for me to work on something else than boring fixes Wink

Also, this will definitely not be suited for low power systems as it's quite resource intensive to generate the palette. I may eventually reduce the amount of available colors to improve performance or add additional simpler color palettes.
(2016-05-18, 14:17)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully this would provide enough fresh color choices :grin:
You just won my heart :D

(2016-05-18, 14:17)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]I want to stress though this is far from finished and not to arrive any time soon (Krypton final at it's earliest). Apart from implementing this I will have to restructure the default colors too to make this work in a structured way. It's just a welcome distraction for me to work on something else than boring fixes ;)
Oh that's going to be a painful waiting task :)
Who knows, maybe you get even more excited about it and finish it beforehand.
If not, I'll just suffer a little longer :D

But I know that feeling of distracting nicer work just to well :)

(2016-05-18, 14:17)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]Also, this will definitely not be suited for low power systems as it's quite resource intensive to generate the palette. I may eventually reduce the amount of available colors to improve performance or add additional simpler color palettes.
Well, better don't ask what my setup is like. I probably could run 20 kodi instances (or more) :D
But reducing the palette makes sense as at least the colors in the range of 100 - 300 (maybe even 400) don't make up for a great main skin color (big IMHO).
Btw, are those material colors? Kinda look like em (I like) :)
I am using the git version downloaded 17.5.2016.

CU LRC lyrics addon does not seem to scroll any lyrics, does it work for you guys?

The lyrics change ok when the song changes though.
(2016-05-18, 15:59)Tadly Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-18, 14:17)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully this would provide enough fresh color choices Big Grin
You just won my heart Big Grin

(2016-05-18, 14:17)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]I want to stress though this is far from finished and not to arrive any time soon (Krypton final at it's earliest). Apart from implementing this I will have to restructure the default colors too to make this work in a structured way. It's just a welcome distraction for me to work on something else than boring fixes Wink
Oh that's going to be a painful waiting task Smile
Who knows, maybe you get even more excited about it and finish it beforehand.
If not, I'll just suffer a little longer Big Grin

Well, it's not a matter of excitement really. Coupled with restructuring the normal, default color definitions (which I have been wanting to do regardless at some point) implementing this will affect almost every xml. So better to do that in a major release Smile

But you never know, maybe the Krypton updates will be ready sooner than expected.

Quote:Well, better don't ask what my setup is like. I probably could run 20 kodi instances (or more) Big Grin
Let me rephrase that to low performance systems Smile (raspberry Pi's and such) I haven't tested it on my Pi yet, but I don't think it'll be a pretty sight Cool It's reasonably acceptable on my workstation and my HTPC though

Quote:But reducing the palette makes sense as at least the colors in the range of 100 - 300 (maybe even 400) don't make up for a great main skin color (big IMHO).
Well, the color customization would not be limited to the main skin color, but also the text and secondary/accent colors. So you'll want to have some light colors in there too (assuming most people will choose a darker color as the main background color).

Quote:Btw, are those material colors? Kinda look like em (I like) Smile
It's based on the material design palette yes Smile
(2016-05-18, 20:21)Raitsa Wrote: [ -> ]I am using the git version downloaded 17.5.2016.

CU LRC lyrics addon does not seem to scroll any lyrics, does it work for you guys?

The lyrics change ok when the song changes though.

It's working for me Huh From my (limited) experience with it I know that scrolling / timeframed lyrics aren't always available though.
Oh and by the way to all the update junkies, the Jarvis version has been split into a separate branch on Github. I will start pushing updates for the Krypton version to the master branch soon.
I advice against pulling from the master branch from now on though as it will be unstable and full of breakage for a while and really not worth the updating either.

Bugfix releases for the Jarvis release will be done through the official Kodi repository, hopefully the submission will be accepted for that soon.
Damn thats great news!

Krypton, meet the mighty reFocus.
(2016-05-19, 22:10)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]Oh and by the way to all the update junkies, the Jarvis version has been split into a separate branch on Github. I will start pushing updates for the Krypton version to the master branch soon.
I advice against pulling from the master branch from now on though as it will be unstable and full of breakage for a while and really not worth the updating either.

Bugfix releases for the Jarvis release will be done through the official Kodi repository, hopefully the submission will be accepted for that soon.
Thanks for your time and effort Jeroen, I know everybody here really appreciates it.
(2016-05-20, 12:34)lstar337 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your time and effort Jeroen, I know everybody here really appreciates it.

Possibly too much, I don't even want to use Kodi without reFocus. Sad
Thanks folks, I'm glad you're enjoy reFocus Smile

So, last night the Jarvis release was published on the Kodi repo. If you are using a git install and want to switch to the repo version you might want to delete your old installation first to avoid any conflicts.

As my time is limited new features will likely be limited to the Krypton version that is in development and will not be backported to the Jarvis release. Especially with the big skinning engine changes in Krypton it is simply too much work. But I will actively maintain the Jarvis release and release bugfixes, translation updates and such.

For anyone that needs to install reFocus locally for some reason, the release is available here too. Please note that you will have to install dependencies manually if you choose to install the skin locally.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29