Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 3.x for Jarvis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
(2016-05-23, 21:26)Gandy Wrote: [ -> ]On Jarvis 16.1 with latest version from repository.

ReFocus just hangs on startup screen with Good Evening under the logo and never gets anywhere.

I've tried deleting skin.refocus under Addons - this gets me back to confluence ok.
I've tried deleting skin.refocus under userdata/ addon_data
I've tried deleting guisettings.xml

Reinstall the refocus skin and it jumps to settings OK, but then exiting settings, I just get the splash screen with Good Evening.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Gandy, make sure you download from Jarvis branch. Jeroen has split it off so he can start work on a Krypton release.

Look here: https://github.com/jeroenpardon/skin.ref...rvis-3.2.1
(2016-05-23, 18:49)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]I'll see if I can find a way / place to re-add the movie ratings. I guess they got overlooked in the building of the new info screen as I have no need for them personally.
I would like to see certifications too.

I did actually mod refocus to show them in the info string when scrolling through movies in Slide view:

However, official support would be nice, especially if we can use certification logos.
(2016-05-23, 21:40)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-23, 21:26)Gandy Wrote: [ -> ]On Jarvis 16.1 with latest version from repository.

ReFocus just hangs on startup screen with Good Evening under the logo and never gets anywhere.

I've tried deleting skin.refocus under Addons - this gets me back to confluence ok.
I've tried deleting skin.refocus under userdata/ addon_data
I've tried deleting guisettings.xml

Reinstall the refocus skin and it jumps to settings OK, but then exiting settings, I just get the splash screen with Good Evening.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Why are you trying to install a 17.0 alpha version of reFocus on 16.1?

Maybe I phrased that incorrectly..

Used the usual installation for the skin from within Kodi itself...

Settings, Skin, More, and selected ReFocus from the list of skins.
It installed itself and some extra add one and then jumped to a refocus settings page (do you want to keep this skin?).

I could navigate through settings without an issue but when I jump out of settings, it hangs with the Good Evening and splash screen.

Thanks
Hello, can someone help with this? I'm running on Raspberry Pi 2B with OSMC (Kodi Jarvis) and reFocus 3.2.1 from Kodi repository and after instalation I've got this broken font in different parts of Kodi. It's also (probably) only in Czech language.
On English it's working normally. Other skins works fine.

Thanks for any help.

Edit: Okay, I changed font to Unicode and instead of those rectangles it shows Chinese symbols even language is Czech.

Edit2: Yep, for anyone who has same problem, there's problem with language file, it's Chinese instead of Czech, comparsion with 2.x version on screenshot.

(2016-05-24, 10:18)lstar337 Wrote: [ -> ]However, official support would be nice, especially if we can use certification logos.
I don't expect I will be using logos as they are different for many regions

(2016-05-24, 13:40)Gandy Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe I phrased that incorrectly..

Used the usual installation for the skin from within Kodi itself...

Settings, Skin, More, and selected ReFocus from the list of skins.
It installed itself and some extra add one and then jumped to a refocus settings page (do you want to keep this skin?).

I could navigate through settings without an issue but when I jump out of settings, it hangs with the Good Evening and splash screen.

Thanks
I have an idea about what could be causing this. I will look into this and release an update soon. Meanwhile it should "resolve" itself after a reboot

(2016-05-24, 16:22)Flippy Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: Okay, I changed font to Unicode and instead of those rectangles it shows Chinese symbols even language is Czech.

Edit2: Yep, for anyone who has same problem, there's problem with language file, it's Chinese instead of Czech, comparsion with 2.x version on screenshot.
Damn, I screwed that up then. I will take care of this and the issue one post above tomorrow and push an update to the Kodi repo.

edit: if you want to manually fix it before that, the correct language file is here: https://github.com/jeroenpardon/skin.ref...uage.cs_cz
(2016-05-24, 20:16)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]I have an idea about what could be causing this. I will look into this and release an update soon. Meanwhile it should "resolve" itself after a reboot

Yup, a restart eventually sorted it, but it seemed to take a very long time to build the skin first time.
Subsequent restarts are much quicker.

Thanks
(2016-05-24, 13:40)Gandy Wrote: [ -> ]Reinstall the refocus skin and it jumps to settings OK, but then exiting settings, I just get the splash screen with Good Evening.
Yeah, just reboot. I got this, and various other little variations of the same error after a refocus install, but a reboot always cures it.
(2016-05-24, 20:16)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]I don't expect I will be using logos as they are different for many regions.
I thought as much. It's only because they are nice and easy for our little one to recognise and understand. It's cool though, text would work fine.
Don't know if that's been discussed already (couldn't find anything at least) but would it be possible
to display the volume in % rather than dB?

I mean, it is possible as other skins do that but I'm wondering whether this is a design decision or not.

I don't think the average user knows how dB "work" and focuses more on the slider while looking at it
in form of 0% - 100%...
...so why not show exactly that in the label?

Edit
Using $INFO[Control.GetLabel(1)] instead of $INFO[Player.Volume] does the trick nicely.
(2016-05-25, 12:01)lstar337 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-24, 13:40)Gandy Wrote: [ -> ]Reinstall the refocus skin and it jumps to settings OK, but then exiting settings, I just get the splash screen with Good Evening.
Yeah, just reboot. I got this, and various other little variations of the same error after a refocus install, but a reboot always cures it.

I just submitted an update request to the Kodi repo which should fix this issue and the problem with the Czech translation.

(2016-05-25, 12:04)lstar337 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-24, 20:16)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]I don't expect I will be using logos as they are different for many regions.
I thought as much. It's only because they are nice and easy for our little one to recognise and understand. It's cool though, text would work fine.

The thing is though, the line with metadata is getting quite cramped, especially in list view. So, one option would be to put it with the media flags (video, audio and language info and such) which would be fitting I think but that isn't shown in every viewtype. Another option would be to make the mentioned line user configurable but that would bring it's own difficulties. Also, I don't want to have 100 toggles for everything. Either way, I'll think of something but it will take some time.

(2016-05-25, 14:46)Tadly Wrote: [ -> ]Don't know if that's been discussed already (couldn't find anything at least) but would it be possible
to display the volume in % rather than dB?

I mean, it is possible as other skins do that but I'm wondering whether this is a design decision or not.

I don't think the average user knows how dB "work" and focuses more on the slider while looking at it
in form of 0% - 100%...
...so why not show exactly that in the label?
Now that you mention it... I could have sworn I changed this to show percentages at some point (upon request). Has to be some sort of regression although I can't remember changing anything there.

In any case, I agree showing percentages is clearer for most people, I'll look into it.
(2016-05-25, 15:24)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]Now that you mention it... I could have sworn I changed this to show percentages at some point (upon request). Has to be some sort of regression although I can't remember changing anything there.

In any case, I agree showing percentages is clearer for most people, I'll look into it.

Wuhu! :)
To bad I'm off by a few minutes as I saw a new pull request on the mailing list already :D
(2016-05-25, 15:24)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]The thing is though, the line with metadata is getting quite cramped, especially in list view. So, one option would be to put it with the media flags (video, audio and language info and such) which would be fitting I think but that isn't shown in every viewtype. Another option would be to make the mentioned line user configurable but that would bring it's own difficulties. Also, I don't want to have 100 toggles for everything. Either way, I'll think of something but it will take some time.
I agree, It's something that needs some careful consideration. I only put it there in my quick mod because it doesn't cause a problem with the line in the view I use, and I know nothing about code.

I'm sure if you decide to put it in, that you will find a space that both works, and is complimentary to the skin.
(2016-05-25, 15:29)Tadly Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-25, 15:24)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]Now that you mention it... I could have sworn I changed this to show percentages at some point (upon request). Has to be some sort of regression although I can't remember changing anything there.

Wuhu! Smile
To bad I'm off by a few minutes as I saw a new pull request on the mailing list already Big Grin

I have it ready for the next one Wink

(2016-04-11, 21:43)donut4000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-11, 19:37)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-04, 23:00)donut4000 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Jeroen - just chipping in to say the latest Github version seems to be working really well on my Raspberry Pi 3.

btw, how is Kodi/reFocus on the Pi3? I have been thinking about getting one as I never felt my current Pi capable enough as a mediacenter. Playback is fine, but just library browsing has been way to sluggish.

I'm very happy with it - I have a Pi2 running OSMC 15.2 as a backend for TVHeadend with a PCTV 292e triple stick for TV. Having the Pi3 as a front end seems to be a good idea - everything is much faster, and importantly, much more stable as it isn't being stressed trying to do everything. Compared to Kodi on my MacBook Pro, it is a wee bit slower, but faster than the Pi 2. I only got it a week or so back, so I've not had time to test it more, but thus far, I don't worry about using it a my main media centre/TV. Confluence is faster, but I much prefer ReFocus and the horizontal menu I really like - I have everything set up across 5 sections with sub menus, and it is so compact, and quick to whizz around movies, documentaries and TV - Between Kodi and reFocus, I've never has such a tight wee TV setup - all neatly velcro'd to the back of my telly! I grabbed a Flirc dongle so I can keep using my old Apple TV remote: crap for setting things up natch, but perfect for navigation and general use. Considering how cheap the Pi3 is, I'd totally recommend grabbing one.

Just finished setting up my new shiny Pi 3 to replace my Pi 1 as the bedroom Kodi device Cool

Such a difference...this thing flies! Wonderful little device Big Grin
eyup...

Sometimes, e.g. after the skin-update I just made (form the official repo), my home-screen is completely gone.

When reloading the skin, that's what I get:
Code:
14:48:08 T:140378844465280 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: skinshortcuts-template-widget_Horizontal
14:48:08 T:140378844465280 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: skinshortcuts-mainmenu
14:48:08 T:140378844465280 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: skinshortcuts-submenu
14:48:08 T:140376568489728   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting include
14:48:08 T:140378844465280   ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
14:48:08 T:140378844465280   ERROR: Control 9000 in window 10000 has been asked to focus, but it can't

Restarting Kodi fixes it.
If I happen to find a way to reproduce it, I'll obviously let you know.
(2016-05-26, 14:53)Tadly Wrote: [ -> ]eyup...

Sometimes, e.g. after the skin-update I just made (form the official repo), my home-screen is completely gone.

When reloading the skin, that's what I get:
Code:
14:48:08 T:140378844465280 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: skinshortcuts-template-widget_Horizontal
14:48:08 T:140378844465280 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: skinshortcuts-mainmenu
14:48:08 T:140378844465280 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: skinshortcuts-submenu
14:48:08 T:140376568489728   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting include
14:48:08 T:140378844465280   ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
14:48:08 T:140378844465280   ERROR: Control 9000 in window 10000 has been asked to focus, but it can't

Restarting Kodi fixes it.
If I happen to find a way to reproduce it, I'll obviously let you know.

The invalid include warnings are expected and shouldn't cause any trouble whatsoever. They come up because Kodi can't find the includes that are being referred to by the skin. Kodi's debug logger however only looks in the skin's main xml folder, and those includes are in xml's elsewhere.

That said though, maybe I can reference those "external" files in the includes.xml as files so at least the logger doesn't complain about them Wink

you could try clearing out skinshortcut's add-on data folder (this will result in having to reconfigure your home menu) to get rid of any legacy stuff left in there.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29