Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 3.x for Jarvis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
(2016-10-06, 16:24)sylvio2000 Wrote: [ -> ]Where can I edit home menu entries? It is not the home.xml.

Can somebody point me in the right direction?

hm? This is built into the skin. Take another look. You should be able to make any entry you want, create submenus, and create links to almost anything in Kodi.
Yes I know I can edit those entries in the skin itself, but I dont know how I can add a script (advancedWOL) which starts if I open a specific home menu.

It is easier to edit the xml file. But I dont know which one this is in Refocus .
Am I missing something or do I need to create a custom home screen item to view the add-on menu that is usually under settings? I don't see it on the images from first post so guess I do. I don't like too much on the home screen so weather having its own settings entry and addons not, seems a bit weird.

Also, my remote doesn't have a fullscreen button so can't access player controls unless I exit all the way out to home screen and exit again. Missing the little player controls that used to appear on the pop out side bar.
(2016-10-23, 23:05)Fungusfeet Wrote: [ -> ]Am I missing something or do I need to create a custom home screen item to view the add-on menu that is usually under settings? I don't see it on the images from first post so guess I do. I don't like too much on the home screen so weather having its own settings entry and addons not, seems a bit weird.

Add-ons has been removed from settings in Kodi now (which is correct imo as it was never really a settings screen).

I'm pretty sure add-ons is an entry in the default configuration, and choosing the main 'add-ons' entry leads you to the add-on browser.

Besides that I don't understand these types of questions. The home menu is completely customizable, why is it a problem when the default home menu configuration doesn't completely meet one's specific needs Undecided ?

Quote:Also, my remote doesn't have a fullscreen button so can't access player controls unless I exit all the way out to home screen and exit again. Missing the little player controls that used to appear on the pop out side bar.
They are still there, you need to enable them in skin settings.
(2016-10-11, 08:17)sylvio2000 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I know I can edit those entries in the skin itself, but I dont know how I can add a script (advancedWOL) which starts if I open a specific home menu.

It is easier to edit the xml file. But I dont know which one this is in Refocus .

The same way you add any other entry. Tell us what you have tried.

It really isn't easier. The home menu does not contain any hard coded entries and isn't designed to have specific entries coded in. If you insist on doing it that way it goes far beyond a simple xml tweak.
(2016-10-24, 06:39)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-23, 23:05)Fungusfeet Wrote: [ -> ]Am I missing something or do I need to create a custom home screen item to view the add-on menu that is usually under settings? I don't see it on the images from first post so guess I do. I don't like too much on the home screen so weather having its own settings entry and addons not, seems a bit weird.

Add-ons has been removed from settings in Kodi now (which is correct imo as it was never really a settings screen).

I'm pretty sure add-ons is an entry in the default configuration, and choosing the main 'add-ons' entry leads you to the add-on browser.

Besides that I don't understand these types of questions. The home menu is completely customizable, why is it a problem when the default home menu configuration doesn't completely meet one's specific needs Undecided ?

Quote:Also, my remote doesn't have a fullscreen button so can't access player controls unless I exit all the way out to home screen and exit again. Missing the little player controls that used to appear on the pop out side bar.
They are still there, you need to enable them in skin settings.

It's not a problem, I wasn't aware that a skin could change the entries on the settings menu so confused me a bit is all (I was using unity skin before so already had skin shortcuts settings and couldn't access addons until I created an entry)

I have looked through every settings menu for the player control option many times as I remembered it from earlier refocus versions... I'll check again later..... Found them, can't believe I didn't see them earlier
Not sure if you saw this before Jeroen as my image link went dead.
(2016-08-04, 13:02)lstar337 Wrote: [ -> ]Spotted this yesterday:
(2016-10-24, 06:39)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]They are still there, you need to enable them in skin settings.

Sorry, couldn't resist! Rofl
(2016-09-03, 20:32)breezin Wrote: [ -> ]Just updated from an old version. Everything seems to be working well and my watchlist info seems to have propagated as well.

However, the watch list no longer give the show name. Just the episode title, season #, episode #, date. I swear this used to also give me the show's name as well. So if I want to watch the next episode of Dark Matter is a pain to find it quickly. Is there a setting somewhere to turn on show names for the watch list?

Thanks!

This is driving me nuts... can anyone point me to the file that controls the format of the watchlist page? Has to be a simple fix.

Thanks!
I know these are old, sorry Blush I'd still like to address these though, better late than never

(2016-08-06, 21:29)donut4000 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Jeroen - I have a quick question: I'm running Jarvis 16.1 with ReFocus 3.2.5 on a MacOS Sierra beta 4 (build 16A270f). All is working really well - I did a fresh install of >everything<, and configured the ReFocus UI as per usual. I have a wee glitch in that once the homescreen fanart slide show starts and gets to a couple of images in, the background goes black. The interface menu elements are there, and I have your skin set to tell me which movie/TV show is being displayed: but the artwork a black. I had a wee trawl though the forum, but couldn't find anything related - is this something you have encountered? I fully accept that this may well be down to using a beta OS, but though I'd ask at least.

(2016-08-30, 22:37)knewknow Wrote: [ -> ]Sure, I don't mind sharing the 2 files that I made changes to, but would rather not post here (unless Jeroen is completely cool with this). I'll send a link over PM if that works... I'll try and get this out to you tonight when I get home.
You can always share your modifications, don't worry.

@robweber, if you're around, any chance you could look into this as it's related to Fanart Grabber?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...id=2377155

(2016-08-06, 21:29)donut4000 Wrote: [ -> ]On a separate note - did you every get your RaspberryPi 3? Mine is in a box as I'm mid-house move, but your skin ran very well on it.
All the best for now,
Dunc
Yup, have one in the bedroom, so much better than the previous one. Kodi and reFocus work like a charm Smile

(2016-10-25, 18:06)lstar337 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, couldn't resist! Rofl
Wink
(2016-09-03, 20:32)breezin Wrote: [ -> ]Just updated from an old version. Everything seems to be working well and my watchlist info seems to have propagated as well.

However, the watch list no longer give the show name. Just the episode title, season #, episode #, date. I swear this used to also give me the show's name as well. So if I want to watch the next episode of Dark Matter is a pain to find it quickly. Is there a setting somewhere to turn on show names for the watch list?

Thanks!

This is fixed on Git.
Jeroen, I don't know if these bugs are known already but I'll report them. Using latest git build (version 4.0.2).

1. Select menu playback controls and EPG scroll list speed have English strings in main screen. If I click on them to select corresponding setting then they're Polish which is correct. Only previous (main) screen shows English ones.

2. If I go to Episodes to watch screen I have this bug. Check string in red. It says watchlist and this should be translated using string #31013.

3. It's the same bug as in 1. Main screen has English strings.

4. This is Pause screen while playing video file not in library. Shoulnd't string marked in red be Pause (kodi-core string #112)? Right now it's probably kodi-core #773.

Also:
5. Detailed info about currently playing file is missing (the one that shows after You press O key while plaing file) but You probably know that already Smile

6. Alternative (vertical) layout gives nothing (work in progress?)

And how about new topic "[Development] reFocus 4.x for Krypton"?
Just wanted to say, that you made the best skin for Kodi. I'm new here and checked out all the skins and this is by far the most elegant and content oriented skin. Thank you!
(2016-11-14, 09:36)Kolabor Wrote: [ -> ]1. Select menu playback controls and EPG scroll list speed have English strings in main screen. If I click on them to select corresponding setting then they're Polish which is correct. Only previous (main) screen shows English ones.

3. It's the same bug as in 1. Main screen has English strings.
Yes, right now it's not using the localized string but the actual skin setting value. Needs to be adjusted Smile

Quote:2. If I go to Episodes to watch screen I have this bug. Check string in red. It says watchlist and this should be translated using string #31013.
I think this is a matter of your home menu configuration using an old implementation of the watchlist, making the label falling back to using Container.Foldername (which is set by the add-on) instead of the localized string set by the skin. Re-add watchlist to your home menu to correct this.

Quote:4. This is Pause screen while playing video file not in library. Shoulnd't string marked in red be Pause (kodi-core string #112)? Right now it's probably kodi-core #773.
Yes, good catch Smile will look into it.

Quote:5. Detailed info about currently playing file is missing (the one that shows after You press O key while plaing file) but You probably know that already Smile
That was actually removed from Kodi core. It has been brought back after removing it (sort of) leaving it up to the skin authors to recreate such a screen. Personally I don't miss it, but I'll look into re-adding it in a somewhat similar way. But pressing O to bring it up will not be possible anymore afaic.

Quote:6. Alternative (vertical) layout gives nothing (work in progress?)
Yes.

Quote:And how about new topic "[Development] reFocus 4.x for Krypton"?
Soon(ish) Wink

Thanks!
(2016-11-14, 14:10)c0heed Wrote: [ -> ]Just wanted to say, that you made the best skin for Kodi. I'm new here and checked out all the skins and this is by far the most elegant and content oriented skin. Thank you!

Thank you for the kind words, glad you're enjoying it Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29