Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 3.x for Jarvis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Onto some ancient questions.

(2016-01-08, 23:10)Raitsa Wrote: [ -> ]If no subtitles are found (from opensubtitles), no notification is shown about it.
Hopefully this gets fixed in the coming versions.

Fixed on Git.

(2016-01-09, 22:27)_BJ1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-31, 08:13)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-29, 15:17)kaiseruk Wrote: [ -> ]Jeroen, i apologise in advance since this is out of scope of refocus 3.0!

For some like me who hasn't a clue unfortunately regarding skin options, how would I would add this to your skin (i.e. pvr reminder).

https://github.com/b-jesch/service.kn.switchtimer
Should be easy to add upon quick look. Let me look into it when I get back.
If you need some help let me know. I'm the author of this service. Meanwhile this is implemented in several skins which are mainly skins of the german kodinerds forum.

Going to move this to future plans for the time being. I really want to concentrate on fixing / finishing what's already in place.

(2016-01-12, 16:47)Raitsa Wrote: [ -> ]Jeroen, any idea if 3.* would work on a @Milhouse Openelec build of Krypton?

No idea at all, haven't looked at Krypton changes at all.

(2016-01-13, 13:44)lstar337 Wrote: [ -> ]Jeroen, I have modified your variables.xml file to include $INFO[ListItem.mpaa, • ] after $INFO[ListItem.Year]$INFO[ListItem.Duration, • , $LOCALIZE[31701]]$INFO[ListItem.Genre, • ] in your media:info variable, because I like to see the certification of the movie.

I have done this for movies and TV show/Episode.

Since this little mod isn't too intrusive, would you consider it for your official release?

Especially in list views it's quite crowded already and as this is a shared element across all views I'm going to have to say no, sorry.

(2016-01-18, 18:44)lstar337 Wrote: [ -> ]Episodes Watchlist widget doesn't seem to work correctly. It isn't updating when a file completes, or when new content is added.
Yeah I've noticed that too. Watchlist uses an add-on that was created for reFocus quite a while ago. It's probably not fully compatible with Kodi anymore. It's something I feared would happen. I don't know how to update the add-on myself so I think I have to look for an alternative.
(2016-01-29, 03:08)Slurrrp Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't work for all music files. It's a preview... I miss more things but like the new stuff. Cant decide if i want to go back to v15 or stick with v16.

Fixed on Git.

(2016-02-02, 02:25)ZwartePiet Wrote: [ -> ]I came across an alignment error in one of the system settings screens. This is still on ReFocus 2.0 for Isengard, but I figured this was the most appropriate place to post.

Every bit of system info you see here is filled internally by Kodi.
Thanks a lot for the updates Jeroen.

The very latest 3.0 from tonite did not install on the Krypton that is OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.0-Milhouse-20160212223728-#0212-g1e2c6ef.tar

ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[skin.refocus]: The dependency on xbmc.gui version 5.10.0 could not be satisfied.

Guess I better stick to Jarvis then.
Any word on when this will be on your or kodi's repos?
Has anyone upgraded to Kodi 16? Does ReFocus 2.0 still work as usual or are we dependent on the 3.0 update?
(2016-02-22, 21:26)ZwartePiet Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone upgraded to Kodi 16? Does ReFocus 2.0 still work as usual or are we dependent on the 3.0 update?
I'm using 2.0 on Jarvis. Use the addon.xml and the startup.xml from 3.0. Only things I've noticed not working is the now playing info in the top right when playing music, and one other thing i forgot.
Just a quick question.

@Jeroen do you prefer having feature-requests/bug-reports/improvements here in the thread or on githubs issue tracker?

Personally I think the issue-tracker makes more sense as it allows everyone to easily see what's been reported already (or what not for that matter)
without having to read through multiple pages in a forum thread.

Just want to know as I'm more that type of guy who'd spam you with github-issues Big Grin
(2016-02-19, 21:58)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-13, 13:44)lstar337 Wrote: [ -> ]Jeroen, I have modified your variables.xml file to include $INFO[ListItem.mpaa, • ] after $INFO[ListItem.Year]$INFO[ListItem.Duration, • , $LOCALIZE[31701]]$INFO[ListItem.Genre, • ] in your media:info variable, because I like to see the certification of the movie.

I have done this for movies and TV show/Episode.

Since this little mod isn't too intrusive, would you consider it for your official release?

Especially in list views it's quite crowded already and as this is a shared element across all views I'm going to have to say no, sorry.
It didn't look too crowded to me, but I guess I can continue to mod the skin myself. Smile

(2016-02-19, 21:58)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-18, 18:44)lstar337 Wrote: [ -> ]Episodes Watchlist widget doesn't seem to work correctly. It isn't updating when a file completes, or when new content is added.
Yeah I've noticed that too. Watchlist uses an add-on that was created for reFocus quite a while ago. It's probably not fully compatible with Kodi anymore. It's something I feared would happen. I don't know how to update the add-on myself so I think I have to look for an alternative.
There is a 'Recommended Episodes' widget used in Eminence and other skins which comes from the Skin Helper Script that seems to have the same behaviour as the 'Watchlist', if that is any help. Smile
(2016-02-23, 14:12)Tadly Wrote: [ -> ]Just a quick question.

@Jeroen do you prefer having feature-requests/bug-reports/improvements here in the thread or on githubs issue tracker?

Personally I think the issue-tracker makes more sense as it allows everyone to easily see what's been reported already (or what not for that matter)
without having to read through multiple pages in a forum thread.

Just want to know as I'm more that type of guy who'd spam you with github-issues Big Grin

Generally speaking I prefer Git for bug reports, but only if they have been properly investigated by the submitter. I try to be organized on Git, having to deal with invalid bug reports or reports without a clear way to reproduce will not help in that case. So when in doubt, discuss it on the forum (that way other users can do a double check or provide a solution) and then submit it on Git.

I prefer feature requests to be discussed on the forum so they can be discussed first. I have been meaning to write up some thoughts about this and the way I see reFocus' future but I haven't found any time for it yet.

Quote:There is a 'Recommended Episodes' widget used in Eminence and other skins which comes from the Skin Helper Script that seems to have the same behaviour as the 'Watchlist', if that is any help. Smile
Yeah, that is one of the options I was thinking about Wink I pushed a commit on Git to change this (only for episodes for now) to try it out. You will have to remove and re-add any Watchlist menu entry in the home menu or widgets to make it work.
3.0.1 + Jarvis are not showing youtube preview pictures. Or is it just me having trouble with em?
I had a search for this issue but found no other references.

I'm running Kodi 16 final and have been using Titan up to now. I tried to install this version of reFocus and everything installs OK, but I have a blank/black home screen. All the other screens (e.g. settings, guide, tv series, etc) appear fine, but I have nothing on the home screen. I have installed all the dependencies (as far as I can tell).

Cheers, Rich
I'm running the latest OSMC (16) update. After I git clone refocus, reboot, and the try to load the refocus skin it starts to build the menu, but fails building it.
(2016-02-28, 02:54)rich110 Wrote: [ -> ]I had a search for this issue but found no other references.

I'm running Kodi 16 final and have been using Titan up to now. I tried to install this version of reFocus and everything installs OK, but I have a blank/black home screen. All the other screens (e.g. settings, guide, tv series, etc) appear fine, but I have nothing on the home screen. I have installed all the dependencies (as far as I can tell).

Cheers, Rich
Try a reboot Rich, normally brings it back.Wink
Jeroen, Just to let you know that I have had to add a few network flags to my own little mod of ReFocus as a lot of new shows are being added as 'ABC (US)' or 'Fox (US)' for example.

I have added these two by simply duplicating what you had and changing the name. I don't know if there is a better way to do it, but this has solved the issue of TV shows with missing network logos for now. Smile
(2016-02-26, 16:45)Raitsa Wrote: [ -> ]3.0.1 + Jarvis are not showing youtube preview pictures. Or is it just me having trouble with em?

Should be fixed on Git.

(2016-03-01, 13:55)lstar337 Wrote: [ -> ]Jeroen, Just to let you know that I have had to add a few network flags to my own little mod of ReFocus as a lot of new shows are being added as 'ABC (US)' or 'Fox (US)' for example.

I have added these two by simply duplicating what you had and changing the name. I don't know if there is a better way to do it, but this has solved the issue of TV shows with missing network logos for now. Smile

Please open a pull request on Github with the two added files. Or list the names if you don't know how to. Cheers.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29