Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movies not scraping anymore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all!

A month or two ago I noticed that any movies I'd add to my NAS (QNAP TS 469L running XBMC v12.3 [I think]) weren't scraping.
Yesterday I spent some time clearing the db, removing sources, re-adding them (making sure to pick TMDB to scrape) but to no avail. It's not scraping. At all.

TV Shows scrape fine, so does all my music. But XBMC just refuses to scrape the movies.

I've tried creating a new folder and putting them there, creating a new source accordingly in XBMC, I've deleted all .nfo files, but no luck.

Also, suspecting TMDB might be having issues, I tried looking for another add-on (imdb) in the xbmc.org repository but that only yielded an empty list.

What am I missing? Is my XBMC version getting outdated? Is there no more support for it? Qnap is very unlikely to release a later version as Intel isn't providing updated drivers for the Atom processor I think. Please tell me there's another explanation... Confused

Many thanks in advance!
(2015-11-23, 13:40)dragonmike Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all!

A month or two ago I noticed that any movies I'd add to my NAS (QNAP TS 469L running XBMC v12.3 [I think]) weren't scraping.
What am I missing? Is my XBMC version getting outdated? Is there no more support for it? Qnap is very unlikely to release a later version as Intel isn't providing updated drivers for the Atom processor I think. Please tell me there's another explanation... Confused

Many thanks in advance!

all of it. v12 is ancient, definitely no support there.
Old atom cpus lack proper gfx hardware and drivers for OpenGL as well
In other words, I'm screwed, eh?
I had a thought.
Next to my NAS in the living room is a thin Windows 10 PC client (I use it to occasionally stream games from my main computer upstairs).

Could I potentially install Kodi on it? It would access the movies on the NAS (as media server). How would I have to wire the thing though? Which is the HDMI device that will ultimately show the movie on screen?

I'm confused... would the NAS stream to the thin client over LAN and then the thin client display the movie on screen via HDMI?
If the thin client has a fully functional ( not stripped down) version of win10 it will host kodi without issue.
In other cases it's just a matter of try and see..
There was a thread a while back about using a newer version of tmdb scraper with old xbmc/kodi versions. Obviously, its not recommended and you won't get any support for trying it out.

Anyway, here you go.

Not sure if its relevant anymore.
(2015-11-24, 19:54)helta Wrote: [ -> ]There was a thread a while back about using a newer version of tmdb scraper with old xbmc/kodi versions. Obviously, its not recommended and you won't get any support for trying it out.

Anyway, here you go.

Not sure if its relevant anymore.

Thanks, I tried that last night, but it didn't work. It doesn't let me install the old TMDB version (nor does it let me roll back that far)... Sad
I think the point of those posts is that you should grab the newest version of the tmdb as a zip, and manually extract it to your userdata/addons folder.
I ended up setting up the thin client version. Works a treat, actually, very happy with the result.
Of course, I'm now using two devices instead of one, but it allows me to run the very latest version of Kodi that way. :-)

Thanks for the suggestions nonetheless!