Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Episode Count is not accurate [mariaDB]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First, Thank you in advance!

Been using mariaDB for years and have had no issues. Moved to 15.2 and upgraded mariaDB and the upgrade seemed to go smooth.

After awhile, I noticed in Series level with TV Shows my watched marks were gone. I went to Season/Episode level and the watched marks were there.

So I began digging in and noticed at a Series Level my episode count was off. (i.e. Series displays 13 episodes yet at episode level there are 7)

I deleted my DB and created a new DB, after scan was complete I checked and I have the same issue. The episode count at the Series level is incorrect. Yet at the Season/Episode level it is correct.

I'm happy to send a debug log but just a warning it's 201MB Undecided

- media is accessed via NFS share through my NAS
- Server version: 10.1.8-MariaDB is running on windows 2008r2 machine
- clients are a mix or OE, OSX, and Windows.

I also have confirmed no nfo files and no symlinks.

Any ideas?

Edit:

Decided to add a local Kodi DB and tried to scrape a series to it. The episode count is correct within the Kodi db.

So now the question is why is the mariaDB showing inaccurate numbers?
im sopparus from irc you talked to, I investigated a bit further and its a mariadb 10.1 bug. I reported it.
https://mariadb.atlassian.net/projects/M...openissues
wow fantastic work!

Thank you so much. I thought I was going crazy!

I will follow the bug report and see what happens.

Thanks again!
It's quite unbelievable how many bugs are found in this "mariadb" - not sure why server users use a bleeding edge database that looses data ... the last bug was a segmentation fault of the whole db process - that's totally not sane ...
This has done my head in for the last day. Rolled back to the previous XAMPP version and all is well in the world again.
Thanks for posting the cause, marantz.
Finally fixed in 10.1.11
and broken again in 10.1.12 Angry

hack:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=262029
fix will be in10.1.13
(2016-03-13, 22:25)marantz Wrote: [ -> ]fix will be in10.1.13

Any news on this?
Release data is mars 24
Update is out, my episode counts are fixed now Smile