Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Haswell 2957u supports HD audio??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

After bying 2 media pcs with intel N series that doesnt support hd audio in windows so now I had it with, I need to find a pc with support for hd sound.

So I, found a media pc with the celron 2957U processor.
And as far as I can find out on the net,this supports HD sound passthrough. Can anyone here confirm that? I use win 8.
all U-series Intel processors support HD audio passthrough in both Windows and Linux
Yes - the 2955U and 2957U support HD Audio in OpenElec and Windows (though Windows on the Chromebox is a bit of a challenge I believe)
Thanks for the answers! Then Ill return the media box I bought oin friday and take the one with the 2957u insteadSmile
I bought the media center with this 2957 and hd sound work ed right away. This pc was for a friend of mine.
Now i bought the excat same for my self with the 2957u intel but on this noe it doesnt say it supports hd sound under the playback devices. Do i ned to download New drivers maybe? Its the exact same as the noe mentioned above so i find it kinda strange That it doesnt play hd sound straight outta the box...using kodi.