Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Seek Steps Resetting to Default After Restarting Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I assume I have something, somewhere overwriting my chosen seek steps. When I open kodi if I immediately start a show, the seek steps will be -10min, -5min, -3min, -1min, -30 sec, -10 sec, 10 sec, 30 sec, 1 min, 3 min, 5 min, 10 min even though I have them set to -60sec, -30sec, -10 sec, 10 sec, 30 sec, 60 sec in my settings. If I open the settings and uncheck -60 sec, click ok, immediately enter the setting again, re-check 60 sec, click ok then my skip steps are what I want them to be (-60, -30 etc).

I assume, when I open the setting, uncheck -60 sec, click ok, open the setting, re-check -60 sec, I'm writing the setting to a file somewhere that is over-riding a settings file that is loaded by default. This will stick so long as that session is open, as soon as I restart Kodi, it goes back to the -10 min, - 5 min, etc.

What am I missing?

Here are my logs: http://pastebin.com/3JtVtXLK

I should also note this is on Fire Tv, Gen 1.
OK, a little more playing and I've discovered that whatever skip steps are set in the master profile overrides the skip steps in the other profiles unless you do the "uncheck one skip step, ok, recheck skip step, ok" dance.

Which is fine, except, myself and wife and kids all have different ideas of what the skip steps should be so I would like to figure out why the master profile settings are over-riding the profile settings.

Thanks for any and all help.
This behavior exists on Windows 10 also, the master profile skip steps apply to all profiles regardless of settings. Should I move this to the OS independent forum?