Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: External Players
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have what seems a simple problem but I can't seem to solve it so I'm hoping someone can help.

I am trying to play a particular video stream in KODI 15.2 using the standard player this is what I do:-

I choose the stream link
KODI says its 'opening stream'
after 5 - 10 secs the 'opening stream' message goes away and for a microsecond it seems to open the stream
it then drops back the same stream link I previously chose I then click on the link a second time
it does exactly the same thing except after 5 - 10 seconds it says 'check error log'

I then go into the logs and see that it's trying to connect to the stream but the standard player doesn't support it.

I then add playercorefactory.xml to the userdata folder and restart kodi.
I choose the same stream link again, this time bringing up the context menu and choosing each of the external players, it does the same thing.
I check the error logs to find the external players I'm choosing aren't installed so I install:-
sopcast
vlc player
mx player
I reboot KODI and try again, this time choosing the context menu and choosing vlc and mx player, I get the same problem
When I choose sopcast to play the stream it plays ok.

The stream is a .MP4 file so I assume VLC and MX Player should play these files.

KODI 15.2 is installed on AMAZON FIRE TV
I have ES File explorer installed and can confirm the playercorefactory.xml information for the external players are pointing to the correct folder structure on the FIRE TV.

I'm at a loss to where to go from here. I'm quite technical on most things and if someone can advise where to go from this point I'd be very grateful.

Mike