Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Any Skins and/or Plug-ins That Will Show Severe Weather Alerts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I posted this in the Confluence support forum, but getting no response, I am broadening the question:

I would like kodi to show the U.S. National Weather service rss for my county at all times. That is to say: on the home screen, while viewing a photo slide show, watching a video stream, etc., etc.

It has been long enough since my original post, that I am assuming this is not possible with Confluence.

So, I am asking now if there is any combination of plug-ins and skin that would make this possible.

Thank you.
I have a laptop running Windows 8.1. I have been running Kodi on an attached hdtv.

Trying the following gets me close but short of what I am looking for:

RSS Notifier hides itself unless there is important info, but the font is too small to see from across the room.

I have tried RSSNewsTicker, Tickr, and several others. Any of these would be fine, if only I could set the transparency independently for the text vs the background. None seem capable of that.

Any suggestions for this type of solution are also welcome!
IfThisThenThat recipe in conjunction with a Pushbullet account and the pushbullet kodi add-on :