Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Make dvd player default for avi ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi is there any way to make dvd player default player for avi ? i have noticed for me not saying for everyone it seems to play my avi files much smoother i been getting alot of trouble with mplayer choppy/stutter etc... dont get this when playing with dvd player i do have an up to date build and have tried various cache settings none of this seems to help also tried various mplayer dll's also tried editing mplayer conf that don't work either still choppy slow playback im not a programmer so is there a way to do this thats not to over my head? thanks Big Grin
not possible.
Actually I get this strange symptom when using my new Vista machine. Divx usually doesn't play at all and I'm forced to use dvd player. Same file on XP plays fine. I'm sure it's a codec issue but not sure where to look, so keeping my XP machine as the uPNP server for now. Both machines have latest ffdshow codec and ac3 filter. Any suggestions for vista would be appreciated as that rig is a heavy lifter compared to the XP (C2D e4300 running 3.15ghz compared to Athlon XP 2800)