Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi+Firestick- Possible to reduce Resolution?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We live out in the boonies with only one ISP and they state, but do not guarantee 1M down. Well, that would be on a good day when we are the only ones watching anything. After about 6:00pm, 600K is about as good as it gets for our 50-bucks a month.

We just cancelled Prime so yesterday I installed Kodi using the ES File method and damned easy it was too. Great excitement so I installed the Food Network and clicked D,D & D but got a frame rate of about 3-seconds per and zero sound.

With Prime, it defaulted to HD, but I had to force the resolution to 480 and we had watchable videos/movies. So, I went looking to see how in Kodi and also did some searching here and in general on XMBC. to do that. Nothing !! Well, nothing hat I could find.

Is there some way to force Kodi to download in a lesser resolution?

How and where do I find instructions to do that?

Thanks
Services like Amazon and Netflix have dynamic distribution that can adjust the bandwidth of the video to suit lower download speeds. So what you're talking about is totally dependent on the service offering it, not something you can get Kodi to do.

The closest thing you can do is set whatever add-on you are using to only stream in SD but again this will be dependent on the add-on providing that feature.
Thanks, could it be the slow speed of the Firestick CPU?

I just put Kodi on a windows tablet and it shows a changing percentage for buffering, whereas the Firestick showed 0% all the time. But, that was the middle of the afternoon, so the ISP was probably close to the 1M just then. Smile

I will try the tablet tonight using a Push2TV and see if that is any better.