Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Anyway to remove the "Add Source" button???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there anyway to remove that "Add Source" button? It really looks bad when you already have everything setup and looking slick. I personally only set the sources one, period and never change them, doubt many people change the source often enough for it to be a persistent part of the interface.
I believe if you set the master lock and lock out settings it will remove it from the list
dont think so.

and we won't let you remove it. sorry. too tired of the darn questions. hack the source.
ummm, ok.... that truly bits the big one.
Fine, if thats way your going to be Spiff, can another dev at least be helpful and let me know where to look so I can remove this largely unnecessary feature (well unnecessary on the main interface.. really belongs in the settings)?
Yeah, I dont really like this either. I cant rmember the last time I had to add a source. I understand the reason it's in there, and I agree it's better for newbs, but I believe there should be an option to remove it. Maybe in advancedsettings.xml, which most new users wouldnt have anyway.
OK!

Its a GUI option now i added it to SVN. And please refrain from whining at spiff he was the one that threw the ideas at me to keep you people happy Smile
Sorry, I didnt mean to whine. I have nothing but respect for spiff and the rest of the development team, and completely understand why the 'add source' was there, even why you want it permanent. I know how frustrating it can be when newbs continually ask "how do I see my video files" etc.
But I believe that people that know what they're doing should have the option to remove things placed in there for newbs. Thanks for adding it.