Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Remap "Replay" button to "Esc" button
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone,

I have a Texas Instruments "CC2531 nano USB dongle" and matching "CC2533-based Advanced Remote Control" (which are both part of TI's CC2533 RF4CE Development Kit). I'd like to use this as a remote for my Kodi machine (which runs on OS X).
The essence of this hardware is that the USB dongle presents itself to the computer as a keyboard and mouse HID. The remote sends its signals over ZigBee RF4CE to the dongle, and the dongle turns those signals into key presses or mouse movements.

On this remote, there is one button labeled "Back". However, by default, this button doesn't do anything on Kodi (or any other computers & apps I tried this on). That's pretty inconvenient when you want to use this with remote with Kodi, as it does not have an alternative button for navigating back (the equivalent of pressing backspace or esc) on a regular keyboard.

But what does this button map to? The Texas Instruments Target Emulator tool that they offer alongside this hardware shows the following log when pressing this button:
Code:
<Rx> - Consumer Ctrl Dev Rpt
ReportId    = 0x00 (0)
KeyCode    = 0x00 (0)
Channel    = 0x00 (0)
Volume    = 0x00 (0)
Other    = 0x0B (11)
Selection    = 0x00 (0)
Keyname    = Replay

I haven't studied the ZID (ZigBee Interface Device) standard that is being used here - prior to converting them to HID inputs - in depth yet, but perhaps some of you multimedia keyboard buffs recognize this x0B code and know what key this could map to on a typical multimedia keyboard. And if so, how could tell Kodi to interpret that key press as an "Esc" key press? Or alternatively, how can I remap that key to the "Esc" key in OS X?