Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Unable to set content type (Movies/TV Shows)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a server running mythtv and Kodi (15.2) and a client with Kodi (also 15.2) on Ubuntu, and on the client I am now having some problems with the Movies and TV Shows menus.
It started with missing episodes on the TV Shows menu, which was due to incorrect naming of the files. So in the process of testing the correct names I moved the path and as such had to edit the source on the client. The change of filename didn't seem to work so I figured I better remove the source and re enter it which revealed the first part of the problem; The TV Shows menu stayed despite there were no source (library) assigned under videos.
I figured I had corrupted the install and decided to reinstall Kodi (remove,purge, clean as per wiki) after I reinstalled the second part of the problem appeared; I can no longer get the Movies/TV Shows menu to appear because I am never given the option of setting the content type.
I am using UPnP (per wiki) as that is the simplest way to connect the system. Since I had it working (except for missing episodes) I know it is can work so I am baffled as what could have happened.

I know this is a very odd problem, but I am hoping that there are someone who has experienced something similar and have a fix for it.

Thanks
You cannot set content on upnp source
Thank you.

I had completely forgotten that in my many configuration changes also was a change of menu items where I had created my own Movies / Shows menus.