Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-01-09, 02:12)herrmeier01 Wrote: [ -> ]I will create debug logs of Yatse remote tomorow. Now my TV is in use and not avaiable for test :-)

Don't worry - I dug out a copy of Yatse and have reproduced the issue. On both RPi and RPi2 as well as x86, Yatse navigation isn't working in build #0108, but is working in #0107.

Kodi in #0108 is just not responding to any Yatse navigation keys - no response whatsoever, as if it isn't "seeing" them. The Home/Movies/TV buttons work, however. The volume mute button also works, but not volume up or volume down. I can reboot (and presumably use other power menu options) but that's about it.

If I revert the Joystick controller change, PR8807, then Yatse works again. Have left a comment on github.
(2016-01-09, 02:30)herrmeier01 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I will create a new one with #0108. Do you recommend any additional component logging or is a simply debug log enough?

Regular debug log should be sufficient for audio/video issue.
I have tried a number of builds and the build that started buffering for live tv is between build #1206 and #1207. I couldn't test out build #1206 because I couldn't get the hdhomerun or serverwmc to work. I think it is #1207 from the description that started the buffering. The current build #0108 If you enable omx live tv buffering is gone. Thank you for the workaround. If further testing is needed I am glad to assist.
Thanks you Milhouse for analysing the Yatse remote issue. I started Live-TV and waiting for video stutter for make the debug
Debug log of video stutter http://pastebin.com/raw/a9fED3an
I start debug log when the problem occurs to keep it small

By the way is there a command to start debbuging from linux shell?
Hi,

I have a problem with lirc, could it be same problem as in post 314?
Before I use an older release from November and there lirk is working.

Wohnzimmer:~ # vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | paste
http://sprunge.us/ebaR
Wohnzimmer:~ # cat /flash/config.txt | paste
http://sprunge.us/MEKa
Wohnzimmer:~ # dmesg | paste
http://sprunge.us/eIJG
Wohnzimmer:~ # md5sum /flash/overlays/lirc-rpi-overlay.dtb
0627b693153571f7f9031d8554aa9de0 /flash/overlays/lirc-rpi-overlay.dtb
(2016-01-09, 15:17)Heinz1971 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a problem with lirc, could it be same problem as in post 314?
Before I use an older release from November and there lirk is working.

I didn't see any errors in the logs. If you can find the first build here that fails that may identify the cause.
first of all: thanks a lot for the work in constant updating!

I was just wondering why airplay isn't working anymore. Is there any planned update?
On my apple devices I can select epenelec (kodi raspberry pi 2), but on Kodi nothing will happen.

Thx
(2016-01-09, 15:50)kakkabolle Wrote: [ -> ]I was just wondering why airplay isn't working anymore. Is there any planned update?
On my apple devices I can select epenelec (kodi raspberry pi 2), but on Kodi nothing will happen.

Is this specific to these test builds?
Have you read: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=238523
(2016-01-09, 13:13)herrmeier01 Wrote: [ -> ]By the way is there a command to start debbuging from linux shell?

Code:
texturecache.py debugon
texturecache.py debugoff
(2016-01-09, 15:53)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-09, 15:50)kakkabolle Wrote: [ -> ]I was just wondering why airplay isn't working anymore. Is there any planned update?

Is this specific to these test builds?
Have you read: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=238523

THX! Now it's working Smile Yes I'm using the newest test build from the first page. I've already went through your posted thread. A new post helped now: turn the airplay video/photo support off.
Under options I couldn't find it, since I was under advanced settings and not expert settings...
(2016-01-09, 04:17)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]Don't worry - I dug out a copy of Yatse and have reproduced the issue. On both RPi and RPi2 as well as x86, Yatse navigation isn't working in build #0108, but is working in #0107.

Kodi in #0108 is just not responding to any Yatse navigation keys - no response whatsoever, as if it isn't "seeing" them. The Home/Movies/TV buttons work, however. The volume mute button also works, but not volume up or volume down. I can reboot (and presumably use other power menu options) but that's about it.

If I revert the Joystick controller change, PR8807, then Yatse works again. Have left a comment on github.

I came to the same situation with Yatse.

However I found playback of x265 videos stuttering. It started from build #0107, rolled back to build #0106 back to normal. There's no marcoblock, no artifacts, just stop after a few second, playback tried starting again for another few seconds and completely halt, both video and audio. While in that state, I can still transfer another build to the update directory and command a reboot using Yatse (both #0107 and #0108). I guess it was only the GPU hanged.

Is that any hope that 10-bit HEVC will be supported on RPi2 in future? Or it exceeded the capability of the processor?
(2016-01-09, 18:24)wchick132 Wrote: [ -> ]However I found playback of x265 videos stuttering. It started from build #0107, rolled back to build #0106 back to normal. There's no marcoblock, no artifacts, just stop after a few second, playback tried starting again for another few seconds and completely halt, both video and audio. While in that state, I can still transfer another build to the update directory and command a reboot using Yatse (both #0107 and #0108). I guess it was only the GPU hanged.

Is that any hope that 10-bit HEVC will be supported on RPi2 in future? Or it exceeded the capability of the processor?

Are H.265 videos stuttering or permanently stalling?
Not much happened with #0107 apart from some locking changes. There was a deadlock introduced but there was a fix in #0108.

So, are you certain #0107 introduced the problem and that it wasn't fixed in #0108?
I'm playing a H.265 now using #0108 without issue.

I think it's unlikely that 10-bit H.265 will be possible. Not for HD video.
(2016-01-09, 18:38)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]Are H.265 videos stuttering or permanently stalling?
Not much happened with #0107 apart from some locking changes. There was a deadlock introduced but there was a fix in #0108.

So, are you certain #0107 introduced the problem and that it wasn't fixed in #0108?
I'm playing a H.265 now using #0108 without issue.

I think it's unlikely that 10-bit H.265 will be possible. Not for HD video.

It stuttering for the first few seconds and after another few seconds, it just stalled permanenttly.

Yes, pretty sure build #0107 introduced the problem. I then rolled back to build #0106 and everything backs to normal.

I'll check build #0108 on another setup again, as Yatse wasn't working and on one setup that's my only way to control. Please noted that I watched x265 with subtitles (usually English in srt format). Remember we had problem before only when x265 video with subtitles?

How about 10-bit 720p? Is this still not possible?

Edit:
Just tested on another setup that use CEC and TV remote to control. Yeah, it's fixed. No stuttering and halt so far for the last couple of minutes that I tested.

Thanks.
(2016-01-09, 18:48)wchick132 Wrote: [ -> ]How about 10-bit 720p? Is this still not possible?

No. 10-bit is significantly harder than 8-bit.