Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 16+ extra timers on EPG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi All,

Since using the new builds provided by Milhouse, I getting extra timers on the EPG that I wouldn't expect.

Post details here

Anyone else have this issue?  

Thanks
Yes, I see this as well and was just recently able to track it down. It seems to be related to autorec. I've noticed that the unexpected shows displaying as to be recorded are on the same channels as legitimate autorecs. I edited the autorec rules and just cleared the channel field, and now the EPG no longer displays the errant recording markers.

That isn't ideal in all cases - as some shows I wouldn't want to record from all channels.
(2015-12-06, 16:17)puithove Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I see this as well and was just recently able to track it down. It seems to be related to autorec. I've noticed that the unexpected shows displaying as to be recorded are on the same channels as legitimate autorecs. I edited the autorec rules and just cleared the channel field, and now the EPG no longer displays the errant recording markers.

That isn't ideal in all cases - as some shows I wouldn't want to record from all channels.

Yup this fixed it for me too - seems like a bug with the add on I guess...
I'm also seeing this issue in the guide on the OS X version. For example, tonight on one channel it is erroneously showing two shows as scheduled to be recorded in advance of two shows that actually will be recorded. Looking at TVHeadEnd's upcoming/current recordings tab confirms those extra shows will not be recorded. And in my configuration, not setting a channel would not be a viable option, since it would then try to record the same program from multiple channels at once.

I also just reported (in a separate thread) that the timers sub-menu shows both enabled and disabled timers, with no way to turn off the display of the disabled ones (which were never displayed in previous Kodi versions). So those are two things I hope get fixed before the final release of Jarvis.
Re enabled/disabled timers never appeared before Kodi 16 in timer window: This is not quite true. While it is true if you're using tvheadeend as backend it is not true if you're using other backends. There is and never was a filter for enabled/disabled. The difference is, that tvheadend recently introduced the feature to enabled/disable one-shot timers and recent pvr.hts addon supports this feature. Thus, not a bug/regression. There is actually a feature request for the filter you're missing: http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/15914
Re wrong timers in EPG: Could you please post relevant screenshots of tvh web ui and kodi windows that demonstrate the problem?
I have posted the screen shots @ https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hts/issues/140

Where should we follow this, here or github ?
(2015-12-08, 14:29)ksooo Wrote: [ -> ]Re enabled/disabled timers never appeared before Kodi 16 in timer window: This is not quite true. While it is true if you're using tvheadeend as backend it is not true if you're using other backends. There is and never was a filter for enabled/disabled. The difference is, that tvheadend recently introduced the feature to enabled/disable one-shot timers and recent pvr.hts addon supports this feature. Thus, not a bug/regression. There is actually a feature request for the filter you're missing: http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/15914

"There is and never was a filter for enabled/disabled." Well, I'm not sure that is entirely accurate, or maybe something else was causing disabled timers to be ignored, I don't know. Granted that I recently updated TVHeadEnd, however I have HTPCs that run Kodi Isengard under Ubuntu 14.04 and they still only show the enabled timers. And when I was running Isengard (or Helix, which I temporarily dropped back to when Isengard developed some fault where it would not start without immediately crashing) on this OS X machine, it did not show the disabled timers. It's only when I installed the new Jarvis beta on this desktop machine yesterday that I saw this problem.

I see the feature request but it looks like it's been there for 8 months with no action taken, so that doesn't leave much hope that one will be followed up on.
Well, that's basically what I said, the "problem" only occurs in a combination of Jarvis with recent tvheadend.

Tvheadend < 4.0 does not support enabling/disabling one-shot timers. pvr.hts < Jarvis has no support for enabling/disabling timers, regardless of the tvheadend version used.
Again, not entirely accurate. I was running TVHeadEnd 3.9 up until a couple of weeks ago and it was very much possible to have disabled timers, in fact all my disabled timers were originally set up under 3.9. I am talking specifically about timers created in the Digital Video Recorder -> Time Schedules tab. There may be some other place in the TVHeadEnd interface where the ability to disable a timer was recently added, but that's not what I was referring to.
(2015-12-09, 18:34)xbmclinuxuser Wrote: [ -> ]I am talking specifically about timers created in the Digital Video Recorder -> Time Schedules tab.

Ah, this explains a lot. Would have been nice if you would have given this important piece of information earlier.

Yes, time schedules (timerecs) can be enabled/disabled in tvh < 4.0 while oneshot timers can be first enabled/disabled with tvh 4.1

Kodi prior Jarvis simply has no support for displaying timerecs in the timer window. Those versions only show the actual one shot timers created by timerecs - and these are until tvh 4.1 always enabled. Starting with Jarvis, timerecs (regardless whether they are enabled or not) are displayed in Kodi timer window. This way you can manipulate timerecs/autorecs even from insight Kodi. Formerly you had to use tvh web ui for this.

If you look carefully at your timer window, there should be also some *enabled* entries that are not there in pre-Jarvis timer window. Look at the "Type" column! You see the "Repeating (..." entries there? Some of them should be "enabled", some "disabled" in your case.

To sum up: you are actually not complaining about disabled timers showing up, but about the new Jarvis feature to display recording rules (timerecs, autorecs) in the timer window in addition to oneshot timers. This is not related to the disabled state at all.
(2015-12-10, 09:42)ksooo Wrote: [ -> ]To sum up: you are actually not complaining about disabled timers showing up, but about the new Jarvis feature to display recording rules (timerecs, autorecs) in the timer window in addition to oneshot timers. This is not related to the disabled state at all.

Well, that's not exactly correct either. My problem IS that I don't want to see disabled timers in that list, and in Isengard it DOES display all enabled timers, including autorecs. I have never seen it NOT display a timer that was set up and enabled, no matter whether it was set from within Kodi or from the TVHeadEnd backend's web interface.

To put it simply, in Isengard it has always worked exactly the way that it should work, IMHO (which is apparently not how you think it worked) - it showed all the upcoming programs actually scheduled to be recorded. Not sure why you'd think it worked any differently, unless perhaps you don't use TVHeadEnd as your backend, and maybe it's been working a little differently with TVHeadEnd that with all the other PVR backends?

Sorry about not mentioning that the timers were created in the Digital Video Recorder -> Time Schedules tab in this thread; I actually did mention that in my ticket that was closed as a duplicate (see the start of the final paragraph). That's part of why I got so upset about it being closed; I had actually taken the trouble to describe the issue as completely as I could. I get that you don't want duplicate tickets but I would think it would be better to keep the one that actually takes the trouble to describe the problem and gives relevant information, however that's your call and it's a moot point now. I see from the other ticket that you fixed this by adding a new option, and I'm assuming it will be in either the next beta version or the release version, so thank you very much!
Sorry, but the new feature will not be in Jarvis. No new features in Beta phase.
Quote:and in Isengard it DOES display all enabled timers, including autorecs

Again, if you talk tvheadend you should at least learn and follow tvheadend terminology: An autorec is not a timer! An autorec is a RULE that describes the conditions for scheduling a set of timers. Isengard and before never(!) showed autorecs (the RULES), only timers and ofc this includes the timers created by autorecs and timerecs. Sorry, maybe it's the language barrier, but I don't know how to put it the way that you understand this difference.

Quote:perhaps you don't use TVHeadEnd as your backend
I'm using tvheadend and it is the only backend I've ever used. :-)
(2015-12-13, 11:01)ksooo Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, but the new feature will not be in Jarvis. No new features in Beta phase.
Then I will have to skip Jarvis on my HTPC's, it's that much of a deal breaker for me. Thanks for the warning. Though I view this as a bug fix, not a new feature (see my next post).
Pages: 1 2