Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New music rating system and smart playlists
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

so I've noticed we have now a 10 stars rating system for music. By updating the DB, I've noticed also all previous ratings were increased by x2. So far so good.
Now I'm using smartplaylists based on ratings, and it seems to no longer work. Looking at the DB, I've noticed there were 2 rating fields for music. One called "rating" an the other "userrating". It seems smartplaylists only look up to the "rating" field whereas all my ratings are stored in the "userrating" field.

Could it be possible to add the option in smartplaylists to use "userrating" instead of "rating"?
I think you might be using Kodi 17 already?

I'll have a look at the smartplaylists asap, I tend to forget about them. Sorry.
Ah yes, I build from source and didn't notice on the last update it was 17 alpha. Thank you anyway.
8537 (PR)
(2015-12-09, 15:49)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]8537 (PR)

Does this also work for video? If so, any chance of backport into Jarvis?

scott s.
(2015-12-09, 23:08)scott967 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-09, 15:49)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]8537 (PR)

Does this also work for video? If so, any chance of backport into Jarvis?

scott s.

it works for any content type that supports userratings:
- movies
- tv shows
- episodes
- music videos
- albums
- songs

i don't think it would be wise to backport this.
it's a new feature that needs to be tested for a while before we can be sure
it's not causing any kind of regression.
So glad this is being built into Kodi. Out of 10 ratings will make such a difference to smart playlists. I thought I didn't care too much about the discussion of how often new releases should be issued, but now I can't wait for K (hopefully Kobol) so definitely on the RERO bandwagon.
Is there any way to get a current win32 build of master? Don't see anything since 1204.

scott s.
don't think so. nightlies are based on jarvis.
we will start building for k*** once jarvis is out the door.