Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Fan/Extra Art including Logos, etc.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm trying to test out how well Kodi will work without using Emby. I had a really hard time just trying to get my movies to scan into Kodi's Library. I've got that tracked down and working, but it doesn't look like it's using any of the extra art that I've painstakingly downloaded. I know it will work, as I'm able to have them all when I use the Emby addon. Specifically, when I browse a movie for instance, it should be rotating between multiple backdrops for that movie. It doesn't do that. I also have the skin (Aeon MQ6) configured to show the disc art and logos, which it doesn't do either. Kodi is also showing a POSTER instead of my "folder.jpg" image which I've set to use an actual Box art instead of the poster. I suspect the problem is that Emby's xml files are what were telling Kodi what they were, but since I'm not using that now then Kodi doesn't know about them and doesn't load them. Am I correct with this? How can I get Kodi to scrape all the extra bits I've got included in my paths?

For example, a typical Movie Folder structure:

\trailers\trailer.mp4
backdrop.jpg
backdrop1.jpg -etc- backdrop9.jpg
banner.jpg
clearart.png
disc.png
folder.png
move.mkv
movie.srt
logo.png
movie.xml
thumb.jpg

Kodi seems to be ignoring everything except the backdrop.jpg, and movie.mkv (though I suspect it's ignoring the backdrop too and just bringing up the internet's version). I've even noticed that it ignores the movie.xml that I have made, because "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" was renamed in the library as "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone" which would only have happened if it scraped from the internet instead. I really dislike this behavior. I wouldn't mind it so much if it was MISSING this information, but it's completely ignoring it. What should I do?