Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MQ6 - Widget settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If I have my widgets in manual mode (click up to reveal the widget), sometimes it brings down the widget settings instead. It seems like it is because the widget is a little slow to load the items.

I dont have a problem waiting a couple of seconds for my widget to load, but is there anything I can do to prevent the widget settings dropping down in the meantime?

Thanks
Let me bump this because I'd like to know as well if you can disable it. Right now, I have no clue how to use it. All I know is that if you push up, all these green boxes come down. I know they have a purpose, but it's too much for casual users like my parents. If they mistakenly push up, it's like a maze for them to get out of it, so I rather it just be disabled.
Go into skin settings and set the two kiosk options to enabled and you will no longer be able to change the widgets or have that problem anymore. So, make sure you have the widgets set before you enable this option and remember to disable if you would like to change them again!
So something still has to show, right? Since you say we need to set the widget first?

We can't completely disable it so that when you click up nothing happens?
For example, one of my menu is LIVE SPORTS. Nothing in green widget options make sense, so I just select NONE. If we need to select something in order for people to not touch this menu, then I would need to use the CUSTOM WIDGET to make something that makes more sense for Live Sports.

So how do you customize a widget? Whenever I select custom mode 1 or 2, I see this.. + (BUSY). That's it, nothing happens. No way to configure anything. I hit any button I'm out of the menu entirely.
What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Do you want it so you can NOT choose a widget? Set the kiosk options mentioned earlier to ON and nobody can change the widgets.

If you would like "custom" widgets, then:

Make a home screen menu entry that is "My menu 1." Rename to whatever you wish. Set the submenu with whatever you would like to show up as a widget. Go to the homescreen and select your new menu. Press up to change the widget and set it to "My Menu 1." Whatever is in the submenu will show up as a widget.
(2015-12-22, 09:07)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: [ -> ]What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Do you want it so you can NOT choose a widget? Set the kiosk options mentioned earlier to ON and nobody can change the widgets.

Make a home screen menu entry that is "My menu 1." Rename to whatever you wish. Set the submenu with whatever you would like to show up as a widget. Go to the homescreen and select your new menu. Press up to change the widget and set it to "My Menu 1." Whatever is in the submenu will show up as a widget.

Thanks Fail! I followed your instructions on how to make custom widgets and I understand the reason for these widgets better now.
(2015-12-23, 01:30)siratfus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-22, 09:07)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: [ -> ]What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Do you want it so you can NOT choose a widget? Set the kiosk options mentioned earlier to ON and nobody can change the widgets.

Thanks Fail! I followed your instructions on how to make custom widgets and I understand the reason for these widgets better now.

Glad it worked out for you man! I literally spent hours messing with widgets before I read about this!
I have just stumbled across these replies. Thanks for replying, only thing with turning kiosk mode on is that I think I lose quick access to other menus too right? I'm sure I tried that option but didn't like having kiosk mode on. I will test it again tonight and see.
(2015-12-23, 13:38)flekz Wrote: [ -> ]I have just stumbled across these replies. Thanks for replying, only thing with turning kiosk mode on is that I think I lose quick access to other menus too right? I'm sure I tried that option but didn't like having kiosk mode on. I will test it again tonight and see.

Unfortunately yes Sad I'm not a fan of smart kiosk, but that might work for you!
I would now advise against using the smart kiosk modes. I did it to disable the ability to change the widgets. But yesterday, when I went back into kodi, none of the menus would appear, it would just freeze. The FORCE STOP relaunch trick didn't work this time, and I did it multiple times. I then decided to restart the Fire TV and still the menus would freeze. I couldn't figure out what was going on and was about to restore a backup, then I remember the widget settings I was playing around with. I turned off the kiosk stuff, force stop, relaunch and all the menus reappeared.

This is a great looking skin, but there are so many quirks with the settings.
There are no problems with kiosk mode for me. I'm just not keen because I like to tweak things regularly
(2015-12-22, 00:28)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: [ -> ]Go into skin settings and set the two kiosk options to enabled and you will no longer be able to change the widgets or have that problem anymore. So, make sure you have the widgets set before you enable this option and remember to disable if you would like to change them again!

I have tried just about everything to stop this damn flexible widgets menu from appearing including enabling the two kiosk options (kiosk mode - prevents menu access in collections & info kiosk mode - prevents change settings in information menu) but the flexible widgets menu refuses to go!

This is happening on two devices both running Isengard.

Any ideas?
(2016-02-11, 23:12)chrissxuk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-22, 00:28)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: [ -> ]Go into skin settings and set the two kiosk options to enabled and you will no longer be able to change the widgets or have that problem anymore. So, make sure you have the widgets set before you enable this option and remember to disable if you would like to change them again!

I have tried just about everything to stop this damn flexible widgets menu from appearing including enabling the two kiosk options (kiosk mode - prevents menu access in collections & info kiosk mode - prevents change settings in information menu) but the flexible widgets menu refuses to go!

Any ideas?

I run Jarvis, so not sure if that makes a difference. I've also been reading about certain devices(can't remember which, but here in the aeon subforums) having issues that aren't present in Windows version. What device are you running, firestick or pi?
(2016-02-13, 04:59)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-11, 23:12)chrissxuk Wrote: [ -> ]

Any ideas?

I run Jarvis, so not sure if that makes a difference. I've also been reading about certain devices(can't remember which, but here in the aeon subforums) having issues that aren't present in Windows version. What device are you running, firestick or pi?

I was running Isengard on both firestick and pi. The same problem on both. I have since upgraded pi to Jarvis but still have the problem, yet to try firestick. Turning on kiosk mode does have some effect for example if I have set a widget on movies then I am unable to change that widget because the button to change is not there. My issue is for example on weather even with the weather widget on the flexible widget menu still drops down and on any screen you don't set and don't want a widget I can't stop the flexible widgets menu dropping down. Maybe that's just how it is.
Pages: 1 2