Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: VNSI asynchron after update to Kodi 16.0 beta 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Fernetmenta.

Yesterday I updated Kodi from 16.0 beta 1 to 16.0 beta 3. I had to rebuild the vnsi module to get it working.

But after switching into a channel the picture is about 2 seconds behind the sound. I didn't change any settings.

Kodi: 16.0 beta 3
pvr.vdr.vnsi/settings.xml
Code:
<settings>
    <setting id="autochannelgroups" value="false" />
    <setting id="convertchar" value="true" />
    <setting id="handlemessages" value="true" />
    <setting id="host" value="127.0.0.1" />
    <setting id="iconpath" value="" />
    <setting id="port" value="34890" />
    <setting id="priority" value="2" />
    <setting id="timeout" value="2" />
    <setting id="timeshift" value="1" />
    <setting id="wol_mac" value="" />
</settings>

And since switching to 16.x I got another problem. The pay-tv channels are not accessible after the first boot. I have to reboot the machine, then I can switch to the pay-tv channels.

I didn't figure out, how to prevent this. I tried to specify an order.conf in vdr to force the sequence, how the plugins are loaded. But that didn't help.
Interesting. I am working on 17.0 and don't remember a change in 16 that could cause this. Do you have a chance to try a 17.0 build like mentioned here:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=231955

I run this version and don't observe any issues.
(2015-12-11, 22:37)FernetMenta Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting. I am working on 17.0
This was the hint I needed. I just looked into the status display of the settings and found version 17.0.

I'll go back to 16.x. and give a feedback, if this problem still exists there.

Thanks so far.

Update:
Installed is now 16.0 beta 4. And it works again everything as expected. The described problem only exits at 17.0. Sorry for the noise.