Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Codec Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All

I would just like to know, in the video settings within Kodi Jarvis, what should be ticked for smooth playback of videos for both picture and audio.

I see there is mediacodec surface, am codec etc basically 3 options. I have the 1st and 3rd one ticked off, but not the one that has surface.

I mainly use Kodi for youtube, and my files that is locally played via hard drive/server.

However, I'm just a bit unsure if all 3 should be ticked, only 2 or just 1 or even non at all. Currently using an Android media player, with an Amlogic chipset. As said it's for basic YouTube watching, so no other streaming things etc but just want a smooth playback without the jitter/stutter

Thanks in advance
So nobody can help with this?
I personally dont have the answer you are looking for, because i dont have jarvis installed, but i would just test. Check one and run your stuff and see if no stutter, and then test with 2 checked.

i want to say i read somewhere on here that mediacodec surface had something to do with the GUI, but i dont really remember

Cheers!
Why not just try them rather than asking?
Normally, on amlogic, amlcodec is the best.